DFW Shutting Down

DevilDog

49 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

This was eye opening listening to this live yesterday and how this thing could become unstable.    And how this is larger than Dallas County and the cases doubled yesterday alone with Community Spread.  So he took drastic measures

Yes it was eye opening.  Listening to them explain the rate of deaths if we continue status quo (430k)compared to implementing shelter in place (5k), I’m puzzled why the state is not moving ahead as well.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I’m not in shelter in place here in Wichita Falls.  when a treatment is tested (Tuesday) and deployed for use, then it’s safe to resume normalcy.  For now I side on caution.  

I'm sheltered in place but it has rained for like 5 days straight here.  Once the sun comes out I will hit my Bike and go for about a 50 mile round trip just to get out and chill.   People now in DFW are knowing others with the Virus.  Just left a meeting and one of the persons states a cousin of a Friend in Dallas died from the Virus over the weekend. 

• Like 1

Gunny are you working from home? 

All of you working from home counting on the net, streaming or have a 1 gig plan. Get ready for major changes. You are probably already experiencing slow speeds or called your provider for an upgrade. Your plans will soon be "forced reduced", you will only be able to use 720 when streaming movies. Gamers you will be fucked for a while.

I work for a major internet provider. We have just been informed of changes on the horizon.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

All of you working from home counting on the net, streaming or have a 1 gig plan. Get ready for major changes. You are probably already experiencing slow speeds or called your provider for an upgrade. Your plans will soon be "forced reduced", you will only be able to use 720 when streaming movies. Gamers you will be fucked for a while.

I work for a major internet provider. We have just been informed of changes on the horizon.

Yes sir.  The whole company is Remote including the outside Sales Teams.  All carriers called their outside reps in.  Liberty Mutual was among the 1st and we do still have some essential personnel in house.  But got a emergency text from the Company that an individual had  a flue and Pneumonia and the building is shut today for cleaning and those essentials will back in tomorrow.  Yes Skype and Trello have taken a beating with all these Companies home and viral meetings.   

3 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Yes sir.  The whole company is Remote including the outside Sales Teams.  All carriers called their outside reps in.  Liberty Mutual was among the 1st and we do still have some essential personnel in house.  But got a emergency text from the Company that an individual had  a flue and Pneumonia and the building is shut today for cleaning and those essentials will back in tomorrow.  Yes Skype and Trello have taken a beating with all these Companies home and viral meetings.   

Sorry to tell you it is going to get worse. HD and 1080 will be going away for a little while people with 1 gig plans will be cut to 1/2. 

1 hour ago, thc6795 said:

I heard a lot of streaming websites and cable companies are purposely slowing down the internet so it doesn’t crash 

DFW will be fine within a month. Blame the Chinese, don't eat nasty creatures like bats. When this is all over you can look back and see the regular flu will have taken many more lives than this. We do need a vaccine but I wish people would quit freaking out. Protect the elderly, do what you can but panic is BS. They are giving the Gov of NY so much air time not just because of the epidemic but because,, Commie Bernie or Sleepy, Creepy Joe, don't stand a chance of being president. Fear is a horrible thing, why use something like that for political gain? The warming weather will begin to win out over the outbreak. And yes we need to take it seriously but, yes life goes on. Hoarders piss me off, freaking weak minded scared people. People get weird because of what they hear and see, but Faith is the substance of things not seen. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 3/23/2020 at 6:27 AM, DevilDog said:

This was eye opening listening to this live yesterday and how this thing could become unstable.    And how this is larger than Dallas County and the cases doubled yesterday alone with Community Spread.  So he took drastic measures

Yet your Lt Gov wants to go back to regular daily lives in a week.  Oh and he said older people would be willing to die to help the economy.  So lets just let our parents and grandparents just die already, so the market starts skyrocketing. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AztecPadre said:

Yet your Lt Gov wants to go back to regular daily lives in a week.  Oh and he said older people would be willing to die to help the economy.  So lets just let our parents and grandparents just die already, so the market starts skyrocketing. 

he is right.

1 minute ago, AztecPadre said:

Sorry brother, but he could not be more wrong.  Wait which part is he right about?

That we need to start living again. Less than 600 people have died from this fucking thing and the country is on lock down. Fuck that. I live thru the AIDS scare, thru H1N1 do you know how many people died because of those two diseases? A whole fucking lot more than 600. Not once did we even consider shutting down the country. This is all bullshit.

Mark my words when the media finally figures out that they can’t make the numbers add up, they will AGAIN turn on Trump and blame him for a hoax. 

10 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

It was a ridiculous statement!  He can be the first and only one to sacrifice 

• Like 2

On 3/23/2020 at 10:45 AM, thc6795 said:

I figured this, first read though. 

6 hours ago, thc6795 said:

That we need to start living again. Less than 600 people have died from this fucking thing and the country is on lock down. Fuck that. I live thru the AIDS scare, thru H1N1 do you know how many people died because of those two diseases? A whole fucking lot more than 600. Not once did we even consider shutting down the country. This is all bullshit.

Mark my words when the media finally figures out that they can’t make the numbers add up, they will AGAIN turn on Trump and blame him for a hoax. 

1/3 of the world is shut down, how did the media (and why?) do this?

20 minutes ago, noonereal said:

1/3 of the world is shut down, how did the media (and why?) do this?

This thing has a 33% hospitilization rate. 33%. 

This is why we are shutdown. If 33% gets to be of even half the population over a short period, many more than necessary will die, because even people that aren't infected will die for lack of hospital care. 

We've been warned that this thing is so contagious that up to 80% of the entire world's population could get it. 

The 3% death rate could jump higher if we inundate the hospitals all at once. Probably would jump, but, no way to quantify. 

These guys won't be satisfied we're doing the right thing until there are dump trucks backing up to hospitals here to haul off the dead. 

• Like 2