One Month Ago Today: March 13, 2020

15yds4gibberish

2 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Even the lie bot is running low on energy now.

Trump tried to deny the virus was serious to prop up the stock market (undeniable) and then he he has tried to reopen before the medical experts have advised in order to get the economy back going for his reelection (again, undeniable).

You seem to think that people will believe what you type just because you put crap like "(undeniable)" next to it.

🤣

Try harder, Andy.

9 minutes ago, concha said:

Noted that you made no attempt to deny that, as I pointed out,  you just completely made shit up, Andy. 

👇

All it requires is that you have ears and can understand

5 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Trump tried to deny the virus was serious to prop up the stock market (undeniable) and then he has tried to reopen before the medical experts have advised in order to get the economy back going for his reelection (again, undeniable).

• Thumbs Down 2

1 minute ago, concha said:

You seem to think that people will believe what you type just because you put crap like "(undeniable)" next to it.

I don't need people to believe it.

They're irrefutable facts.

From Trump:

“The LameStream Media is the dominant force in trying to get me to keep our Country closed as long as possible in the hope that it will be detrimental to my election success.”

More:

"The media would like to see me do poorly in the election."

And more:

"Just so you understand – are you ready? – I think there are certain people that would like it not to open so quickly. I think there are certain people that would like it to do financially poorly because they think that would be very good as far as defeating me at the polls."

Trump says these things out loud and concha denies that there's any evidence. Sounds like his toady training is going swimmingly.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

1 minute ago, The Guru said:

There is no economy with a public health crisis of this magnitude.

One must come before the other as most people have realized.

It's only the Trump sycophants and other loons on the right who have tried to fight this.

No, Andy.  

There is always an economy.

And there are always choices.

And there are health and well-being repercussions that get worse and worse as this continues. Bank accounts are drained, more and more businesses disappear permanently, domestic violence increases, suicides ditto, funding for services like hospitals dries up, the public coffers deplete... on and on and on...

Only a fool (oh, hi Andy!) would deny this.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, The Guru said:

I don't need people to believe it.

They're irrefutable facts.

From Trump:

“The LameStream Media is the dominant force in trying to get me to keep our Country closed as long as possible in the hope that it will be detrimental to my election success.”

More:

And more:

"Just so you understand – are you ready? – I think there are certain people that would like it not to open so quickly. I think there are certain people that would like it to do financially poorly because they think that would be very good as far as defeating me at the polls."

Trump says these things out loud and concha denies that there's any evidence. Sounds like his toady training is going swimmingly.

He is stating the obvious.

Nothing above disproves anything I've said or proves he cares about nothing but himself.

"Undeniable"  🤣

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, concha said:

And there are always choices.

And there are health and well-being repercussions that get worse and worse as this continues. Bank accounts are drained, more and more businesses disappear permanently, domestic violence increases, suicides ditto, funding for services like hospitals dries up, the public coffers deplete... on and on and on...

Only a fool (oh, hi Andy!) would deny this.

Nobody denies it.

But only reasonable people seem willing to put the first priority, first.

If people can't go out and congregate in large crowds without spreading the virus then there will be no sports, concerts, social events.

Period.

This is not difficult for non-toadies to understand.

• Thumbs Down 2

20 minutes ago, concha said:

Noted that you made no attempt to deny that, as I pointed out,  you just completely made shit up, 

"There's no evidence! You completely made it up!"

(Then I provide the evidence)

2 minutes ago, concha said:

He is stating the obvious.

"Well, yeah, he's stating the obvious!"

So 5 minutes ago there was no evidence but now it's just obvious.

😄

Toady extraordinaire. 

• Thumbs Down 2

More "stating the obvious" about Trump's actions.

Trump and his economic officials are scrambling to downplay the coronavirus in an attempt to boost the stock market

He is furious that the stock market has tanked over the coronavirus, the Washington Post reported. And he was enraged at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for issuing stark warnings that he believed frightened traders and investors.

He's since said to have pushed aides to hold off on predictions that could cause more market tremors.  And Jared Kushner, Trump's son in law, is among the advisors counseling him to downplay recent coronavirus developments in public, one official told CNN. Instead, Trump attacked the media for "doing everything possible to make the Caronavirus look as bad as possible, including panicking markets" in a Wednesday tweet.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

43 minutes ago, The Guru said:

(1) It has always been, from the start, about denying that this is serious to keep stock prices up and then (2) trying to open up as soon as possible to get the economy going before November.

👇

So both supported by facts despite concha saying that they were "completely made up."

13 minutes ago, The Guru said:

From Trump:

More:

And more:

2 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Trump and his economic officials are scrambling to downplay the coronavirus in an attempt to boost the stock market

He is furious that the stock market has tanked over the coronavirus, the Washington Post reported. And he was enraged at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for issuing stark warnings that he believed frightened traders and investors.

He's since said to have pushed aides to hold off on predictions that could cause more market tremors.  And Jared Kushner, Trump's son in law, is among the advisors counseling him to downplay recent coronavirus developments in public, one official told CNN. Instead, Trump attacked the media for "doing everything possible to make the Caronavirus look as bad as possible, including panicking markets" in a Wednesday tweet.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

5 minutes ago, The Guru said:

"There's no evidence! You completely made it up!"

(Then I provide the evidence)

"Well, yeah, he's stating the obvious!"

So 5 minutes ago there was no evidence but now it's just obvious.

😄

Toady extraordinaire. 

No, Andy.

Your argument is that he cares for nothing but himself.

That he cares about the economy or the election does not rove he cares about nothing else.

This really isn't complicated, Andy.

🤡

3 minutes ago, The Guru said:

More "stating the obvious" about Trump's actions.

Well, if the "undeniably" non-partisan WaPo says so, Andy.

Who reported all this? "Sources"?

👍

12 minutes ago, concha said:

Your argument is that he cares for nothing but himself.

Go back and read again, lie bot.

I didn't make the initial statement that you objected to abouy Trump's selfishness. I merely added to it.

But this is the post where you said I had "no evidence" for the two claims above.

46 minutes ago, concha said:

Amazing how you manufacture stuff in your tiny mind and then advertise it as indisputable fact.

I then proved that it's indisputable fact and you respond that he's stating the obvious.

You are being dunked on constantly and yet you keep coming back for more like a good toady would.

• Thumbs Down 2

1 minute ago, concha said:

Well, if the "undeniably" non-partisan WaPo says so, Andy.

That's from Business Insider.

So now concha is trying to save face from:

"There's no evidence! You completely made that up!"

to

"Well, I don't like that source!"

🤡

Some of them are direct quotes and tweets from Trump himself. concha still doesn't believe it.....like a good toady.

• Thumbs Down 2

9 minutes ago, The Guru said:

to

🤡

Some of them are direct quotes and tweets from Trump himself. concha still doesn't believe it.....like a good toady.

The Business Insider article contained multiple links, including to this official WH communication.

😷😷😷😷😷😷😷😷

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Guru said:

👇

So both supported by facts despite concha saying that they were "completely made up."

Again, proving that the (indeed "any") president cares about the election and the economy is like saying "the sun rises in the east".

You have done nothing to prove he only cares about himself and that has been so for his entire life.

Your "facts" prove he believes the press in general is rooting against him (true) and the WaPo quoting some anonymous sources and him caring about market volatility?

Be serious.

What do you think is going to happen with stuff like this as more and more jobs disappear permanently and people's savings are used up?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/04/us/domestic-violence-coronavirus-calls-cases-increase-invs/index.html

https://fox17.com/news/local/feeling-the-pressures-of-the-pandemic-suicide-hotlines-see-800-percent-spike-in-calls

https://krcgtv.com/news/local/missouri-hospitals-experiencing-a-tremendous-financial-hit-amid-covid-19-pandemic

https://www.wsj.com/articles/coronavirus-crisis-could-cut-new-york-state-revenue-by-up-to-15-billion-cuomo-aide-warns-11585056388

Do they get worse? Of course.

What happens to domestic violence, crime, suicide rates, healthcare quality/availability/funding etc with 30%+ unemployment and a potential depression as is being discussed?

Don't dodge.

Answer.

5 minutes ago, concha said:

Again, proving that the (indeed "any") president cares about the election and the economy is like saying "the sun rises in the east".

You have done nothing to prove he only cares about himself and that has been so for his entire life.

Your "facts" prove he believes the press in general is rooting against him (true) and the WaPo quoting some anonymous sources and him caring about market volatility?

Be serious.

What do you think is going to happen with stuff like this as more and more jobs disappear permanently and people's savings are used up?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/04/us/domestic-violence-coronavirus-calls-cases-increase-invs/index.html

https://fox17.com/news/local/feeling-the-pressures-of-the-pandemic-suicide-hotlines-see-800-percent-spike-in-calls

https://krcgtv.com/news/local/missouri-hospitals-experiencing-a-tremendous-financial-hit-amid-covid-19-pandemic

https://www.wsj.com/articles/coronavirus-crisis-could-cut-new-york-state-revenue-by-up-to-15-billion-cuomo-aide-warns-11585056388

Do they get worse? Of course.

What happens to domestic violence, crime, suicide rates, healthcare quality/availability/funding etc with 30%+ unemployment and a potential depression as is being discussed?

Don't dodge.

Answer.

Interesting, I’ve never read any legit sources stating they are rooting against him?  Is this one of those right wing intuitions that simply confirm your biases conch? 

17 minutes ago, The Guru said:

to

🤡

Actually it's "an anonymous report from WaPo is hardly evidence".

Again, being strident doesn't make things you want to believe real.

And proving Trump cares about "A" does not prove he doesn't care about "B". Really. It's true.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Interesting, I’ve never read any legit sources stating they are pulling against him?  Is this one of those right wing intuitions that simply confirm your biases conch? 

Actually, your questioning of me (the right wing guy) and not your fellow leftist confirms you are hardly non-partisan as you have claimed.

👍