Georgia HS fans for Valdosta is the Lowndes or Colquitt more important.

HooverOutlaw

7 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

I know Colquitt is an older rival but Lowndes is next door.

Its the winnersville classic. That game use to be a bigger event than the championships. Got generations that grew up playing with and against eachother. Go Jon the ivaldosta.com group on facebook you'll see how deep it is. Im sure you'll find it entertaining.  

38 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Jaheim has great potential.  Needs a few more lbs of muscle...but I think he can be as good as his older brother.

Rufus>>

He has the technique and motor, but, as you say, just never could put on the pounds. Metabolism or whatever. 

Still proud of him. Not too shabby for cover corners for the Pack either. Both will be playing on Saturdays after this last high school season. 

Omar was a pretty good receiver too, it just happens that we have a couple of sho' 'nuffs at wide out already. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

Jaheim has great potential.  Needs a few more lbs of muscle...but I think he can be as good as his older brother.

Rufus>>

Jay is the same. Needs some weight. Hear he is doing well. They’re doing all they can to bulk him up, but having to go back to cc during the pandemic didn’t help as far as that goes. 

1 hour ago, Sweetlarry said:

Jay is the same. Needs some weight. Hear he is doing well. They’re doing all they can to bulk him up, but having to go back to cc during the pandemic didn’t help as far as that goes. 

You think he'll (Jay) get the nod as CB2 this year? I know they had Elias Ricks to come in, so I know they're gonna try to work him in as much as possible. I could see Jay transferring if Elias ends up starting over him. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

You think he'll (Jay) get the nod as CB2 this year? I know they had Elias Ricks to come in, so I know they're gonna try to work him in as much as possible. I could see Jay transferring if Elias ends up starting over him. 

I believe Jay is ride or die. I just don't think he's the type to cut and run when the going gets tough. He's getting that education and  getting time on special teams. He's a team guy, not a me guy. Imo of course.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

A lot going on. Flott is actually ahead of him on the depth chart, but all that can change. Also Raydarious Jones is highly thought of. But Jay played on ST and saw time in nickel and dime packages. And he’s a national champion!

The thing about CFB Is that it’s not for the faint of heart. The moment you sign they are looking for your replacement. It’s the nature of the beast. 

I know they think a lot of Jay and are hoping he gains some weight and takes the next step in maturing and knowing the schemes. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I believe Jay is ride or die. I just don't think he's the type to cut and run when the going gets tough. He's getting that education and  getting time on special teams. He's a team guy, not a me guy. Imo of course.

Hawg...nice interview from Justin on the ITG podcast.   Really repped Colquitt well.   A little too honest for my part...(Smile)...but that's his style...LOL.  I got the impression that he thinks some teams might be abusing the GHSA COVID rules.

I could be wrong....

Rufus>>

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rufus69 said:

Hawg...nice interview from Justin on the ITG podcast.   Really repped Colquitt well.   A little too honest for my part...(Smile)...but that's his style...LOL.  I got the impression that he thinks some teams might be abusing the GHSA COVID rules.

I could be wrong....

Rufus>>

Post the link? 

20 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

And there's nothing wrong with any of that. I would assume that he's trying to get to the league, so if he's not playing or barely playing, I would think that he'd look elsewhere to get immediate playing time. Hopefully the young bull will make a name for himself this upcoming season.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

And there's nothing wrong with any of that. I would assume that he's trying to get to the league, so if he's not playing or barely playing, I would think that he'd look elsewhere to get immediate playing time. Hopefully the young bull will make a name for himself this upcoming season.

I prefer the “old days” when kids stayed, took their lumps and learned from the adversity of not being the superstar anymore. 

I also understand kids wanting to play. Everybody has to do what they feel is best for them. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I once had a goal to be a member of the TAP (Technically Advanced Packers) but after awhile I realized some dreams just couldn't be achieved.

(Smile)

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

I once had a goal to be a member of the TAP (Technically Advanced Packers) but after awhile I realized some dreams just couldn't be achieved.

(Smile)

Rufus>>

Hahaha 

I did think there was some great information in the interview, and, there is always some stuff that I wish we could have back. I like Justin, but, like you said, he is a bit too honest sometimes, to the point that, idk, makes it a little difficult to get excited about what we have and all. At the same time, it basically tempers expectations but, with less excitement about what's coming, there is less support and sales. It is what it is. 

Also, if we're gonna say we think some teams are not abiding by the rules, let's not just be general about it. Go ahead and call em out. xD

• Like 1

19 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Hahaha 

I did think there was some great information in the interview, and, there is always some stuff that I wish we could have back. I like Justin, but, like you said, he is a bit too honest sometimes, to the point that, idk, makes it a little difficult to get excited about what we have and all. At the same time, it basically tempers expectations but, with less excitement about what's coming, there is less support and sales. It is what it is. 

Also, if we're gonna say we think some teams are not abiding by the rules, let's not just be general about it. Go ahead and call em out. xD

Justin is one of them..."what you see is what you get" guys.   I think he tries to play the political game...as best he can...but his DNA just runs a different pattern...LOL.  I do believe he is an all around good guy...and I also believe he has some decent coaching skills.  I say that hoping he can learn from some daunting 2019 mistakes.

In my opine...the worm has officially turned at Colquitt.   Tick's view of a proper Packer football program...is the new primrose.  Honestly, it's pretty much the same view that Lord Jim held and he did a fairly good job.  I don't know whether to be excited for my amigos in Azalea City or whether to pity them...(Smile).  I expect Lowndes to play a couple of years in the Corky but hold on to your shorts ATL...the Cats are coming !!!!  And I can guarantee you this as well...the price of Arnett grits (hybrid) is about to go up.....

Rufus>>

• Like 1