Great news in Mississippi

Ga96

45 minutes ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

Serious question...why the outrage about the confederate flag and statues now? Why not 10..20..30 year ago?

they tore down the statue of an abolitionist. How's that for irony. And Roosevelt? Even worse Lincoln he helped free the slaves

Some of it is people not knowing wtf they're doing...  Or who people actually are... 

And why not long ago? 

Well... Much like everything else... There's a boiling point in which certain conditions have been met... 

1. Trump is one probably the least popular president we've had in a LOOOOONG time... And an Enabler...and Instigator... All this only adds fuels to the flames... 

2. The killing of George Floyd, Ahmad Arbery and Breonna Taylor opened some old wounds that this country never healed...  truth is if America could hide some of its embarrassing past... It probably would there's not a doubt in my mind... 

3. You reap what you sow... Galatians 6:7: “Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap.” this can be applied to our countries history and I'm not talking about to other countries but to its own citizens... Racial injustices have been around in this country for HUNDREDS of years... Not just blacks but towards the Asians,the Hispanics and the Native Americans who where just almost eradicated as time went on... And what you're seeing now is simply a result of everything that's been sowwed... You get what ya give..  

5 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Some of it is people not knowing wtf they're doing...  Or who people actually are... 

And why not long ago? 

Well... Much like everything else... There's a boiling point in which certain conditions have been met... 

1. Trump is one probably the least popular president we've had in a LOOOOONG time... And an Enabler...and Instigator... All this only adds fuels to the flames... 

2. The killing of George Floyd, Ahmad Arbery and Breonna Taylor opened some old wounds that this country never healed...  truth is if America could hide some of its embarrassing past... It probably would there's not a doubt in my mind... 

3. You reap what you sow... Galatians 6:7: “Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap.” this can be applied to our countries history and I'm not talking about to other countries but to its own citizens... Racial injustices have been around in this country for HUNDREDS of years... Not just blacks but towards the Asians,the Hispanics and the Native Americans who where just almost eradicated as time went on... And what you're seeing now is simply a result of everything that's been sowwed... You get what ya give..  

All this is is political bullshit. Politicians don't have a spine. If they did they would send in the military to squash the mob. You cant have this. Yes i know government is supposed to work for the people and if they don't were supposed to overthrow them but this isn't overthrowing a government. This is a hissy fit that millions of blacks have lived under that flag and nobody gave a shit. 

We took the lands from the native Americans as part of westward expansion. It happens. We wanted a bigger country and we took it. 

1 hour ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

Serious question...why the outrage about the confederate flag and statues now? Why not 10..20..30 year ago?

they tore down the statue of an abolitionist. How's that for irony. And Roosevelt? Even worse Lincoln he helped free the slaves

The Confederate Flag has been an issue for decades, this is nothing new.

What's new is that people that were dismissive of the concerns before (the entire state of Mississippi) are now more open to listening and learning from what has been said for decades (that it's a symbol of racism and TREASON)...something a guy with a bald eagle and Stars in Stripes in his profile pic should probably understand.

You clearly aren't "there" yet with being willing to really listen to concerns of people you don't understand, but the noise level has clearly gone up enough that you're at least starting to notice it.

THAT is what is different. The messages have been the same for a long time.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

All this is is political bullshit. Politicians don't have a spine. If they did they would send in the military to squash the mob. You cant have this. Yes i know government is supposed to work for the people and if they don't were supposed to overthrow them but this isn't overthrowing a government. This is a hissy fit that millions of blacks have lived under that flag and nobody gave a shit. 

We took the lands from the native Americans as part of westward expansion. It happens. We wanted a bigger country and we took it. 

You treading real close to being outright UN-AMERICAN.

Squashing the mob is a police matter that needs to be dealt with by...the police.

Using the military = attacking American citizens.

That's what dictators do.

You like dictators and how they act?  - Then you have little place in this country you claim to care about.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Just now, DownSouth said:

You treading real close to being outright UN-AMERICAN.

Squashing the mob is a police matter that needs to be dealt with by...the police.

Using the military = attacking American citizens.

That's what dictators do.

You like dictators and how they act?  - Then you have little place in this country you claim to care about.

We have used military in the past to squah mobs right here in the good old US of A. Was done under the 16th president of the United States Abraham Lincoln. He also locked up the press for writing articles rhat were anti war and anti government 

So no as set by history its a matter for our military to handle

5 minutes ago, DownSouth said:

The Confederate Flag has been an issue for decades, this is nothing new.

What's new is that people that were dismissive of the concerns before (the entire state of Mississippi) are now more open to listening and learning from what has been said for decades (that it's a symbol of racism and TREASON)...something a guy with a bald eagle and Stars in Stripes in his profile pic should probably understand.

You clearly aren't "there" yet with being willing to really listen to concerns of people you don't understand, but the noise level has clearly gone up enough that you're at least starting to notice it.

THAT is what is different. The messages have been the same for a long time.

its not treason. Benedict Arnold was treason. Nobody in the confederacy was a citizen at the time of the CSA and so nobody was ever arrested and charged with treason ever. 

Also if you really wanna play that game about flags do u understand how many flags would have to come down over slavery?? 

24 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

We have used military in the past to squah mobs right here in the good old US of A. Was done under the 16th president of the United States Abraham Lincoln. He also locked up the press for writing articles rhat were anti war and anti government 

So no as set by history its a matter for our military to handle

You seriously need to take a history class at a local CC in your free time. This isn't the Civil War, no matter how much you'd love to see people that don't agree with you slaughtered.

Lincoln's actions you're referencing (blockade, suspension of habeas corpus, etc)  were considered the pretext to the declaration of the Civil War. They were also extremely controversial and considered as being beyond his constitutional powers. They weren't done to squash a mob of people protesting (with rioters among them)...it was literally to quell the hostile action of the freaking Confederacy. There is literally no comparison to be made between the Civil War and protests that have vandalism in them.

Further, this has nothing to do with sicking the military on protesters that have rioters mixed in like your sadistic fake-tough guy self is wanting.

All those actions Lincoln took were struck down by a judge and then later reaffirmed by the Supreme Court later on (meaning that Lincoln didn't really have a right to do any of the actions you're speaking of).

And, again, these actions were taken to quell insurrection by a hostile Army, raised to take down The United States. I don't blindly support all of those actions, and even if I did, I wouldn't be silly enough to compare the CIVIL WAR to George Floyd protests like you somehow think makes sense. 

A better comparison would have been to invoke Kent State (a pretty good example of why sending the National Guard to quell protests generally isn't a good idea).

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, DownSouth said:

You seriously need to take a history class at a local CC in your free time. This isn't the Civil War, no matter how much you'd love to see people that don't agree with you slaughtered.

Lincoln's actions you're referencing (blockade, suspension of habeas corpus, etc)  were considered the pretext to the declaration of the Civil War. They were also extremely controversial and considered as being beyond his constitutional Okpowers. They weren't done to squash a mob of people protesting (with rioters among them)...it was literally to quell the hostile action of the freaking Confederacy. There is literally no comparison to be made between the Civil War and protests that have vandalism in them.

Further, this has nothing to do with sicking the military on protesters that have rioters mixed in like your sadistic fake-tough guy self is wanting.

All those actions Lincoln took were struck down by a judge and then later reaffirmed by the Supreme Court later on (meaning that Lincoln didn't really have a right to do any of the actions you're speaking of).

And, again, these actions were taken to quell insurrection by a hostile Army, raised to take down The United States. I don't blindly support all of those actions, and even if I did, I wouldn't be silly enough to compare the CIVIL WAR to George Floyd protests like you somehow think makes sense. 

A better comparison would have been to invoke Kent State (a pretty good example of why sending the National Guard to quell protests generally isn't a good idea).

No you missed the action I was talking about

I was talking about the draft riots

Lincoln used the military who were just coming back from gettysburg. People were liotering and hanging people in the streets of NYC. Lincoln ordered the military to go to NYC which they did. They set up cannons in the middle of streets of NYC and killed the people. 

So he did it. He took action and the riots stopped. 

Did not even speak of the confederacy when it came to this situation 

Kent state only ended with 4 dead. And that ended quickly 

But have a goodnight. 

2 hours ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

There was most flags have be changed multiple times.  You have to remember how the country was 10 20 30 years ago and still is. Its very simple there are no Hitler monuments or Nazi flags. How can other countries have the common sense to know what's right.

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

its not treason. Benedict Arnold was treason. Nobody in the confederacy was a citizen at the time of the CSA and so nobody was ever arrested and charged with treason ever. 

Also if you really wanna play that game about flags do u understand how many flags would have to come down over slavery?? 

Yes, they were.

Yet another example of you not supporting the United States.

Confederate soldiers are buried as "citizens" but not "veterans" for a reason.

You have the nerve to say Democrats are not American because they don't share your putrid ignorance of the world, yet you take the word of Russians and validate the claim of secession by the Confederacy.

You're about as Un-American as can be. 

What a disgrace to this country and our flag and all the veterans that fought for the Stars and Stripes.

- And I don't care if flags get re designed. It's about as low on the "what I care about scale" as can be. And just so you know, it's not like a flag has never been changed in this country's history. Since you don't seem to know that, I'm guessing you'll get over it about 4 days after Mississippi unveils a new one.

• Like 1

The state of Mississippi has a ton of issues that need to be solved. The flag was just the flavor of the month, again. How about now trying to fix being last in almost every category of a civilized 1st world country?? A 1/3 of the friggin state is on welfare and has been for generations! Id bet also that a 1/3 of the state doesnt read above a 6th grade level. Out of wedlock births. Obesity. Crime. Its a shit show.

• Like 2

The school systems and teaching of history need a serious overhaul. Right now what's being taught in school is a glossed over sunshine story about us history. I didn't learn the christopher columbus was a big factor in the slave trade until I went to college. Its a shame of how uneducated our kids are. That's why you always hear banter when it comes to divides about the south with having lots of high school graduates and other places in the country having more college grads.

25 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

No you missed the action I was talking about

I was talking about the draft riots

Lincoln used the military who were just coming back from gettysburg. People were liotering and hanging people in the streets of NYC. Lincoln ordered the military to go to NYC which they did. They set up cannons in the middle of streets of NYC and killed the people. 

So he did it. He took action and the riots stopped. 

Did not even speak of the confederacy when it came to this situation 

Kent state only ended with 4 dead. And that ended quickly 

But have a goodnight. 

You seem to not understand nuance or context of the current day, that things change and evolve. That you keep having to retreat 150 years to try and make your point shows how deluded your reasoning is.

1. The police department in New York was only about 15-20 years old at that time. No large scale issue was solvable through police matters at that point. 

2. Army National Guard didn't come about until some time in the early 1900's.

3. Because of 1 and 2 and you know...it being 2020 + states rights (in that Constitution you don't seem to give a shit about), calling the military in the way YOU want is an act of aggression against the citizens of this country. It is NOT done because modern society dictates that quelling riots is a local police issue. If you don't appreciate the police or deem the police capable of doing their jobs, then that's on you.

Syria calls its military against its people in modern day. China does this too. Are these countries you think the United States should be like? Do you want to gas Democratic cities like Assad did to his people?

Lincoln took action 150+ years ago. That world is not the one you live in. Wake the hell up.

- Funny thing about those riots, had you been there, you would've been one of the rioters, that's a near guarantee.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

Like the communist countries that we love to hate... 

Like the dictators we love to topple... 

Yep let's send the military in on the people

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Like the communist countries that we love to hate... 

Like the dictators we love to topple... 

Yep let's send the military in on the people

Yep its been done multiple times in American history

They are not overthrowing our government. If they had that purpose fine its in our rights to do so but they are not. 

Its a mob and the united states doesn't run on mob rule