#1 in country the last 10 years

imaGoodBoyNow

2 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

Could've sworn colquitt was #1 one if those years

I was just about to say. I think in 2015 they went undefeated and were clearly one of the top in the country. But of course, no love if you're not from Texas, California, Florida, or you're not named Don Bosco Prep.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I didn’t realize it was preseason and I didn’t feel like editing thread, so we’re gonna have to deal with these rankings 

To be honest, I didn't either. Only after I noticed the boxes in the corner with the real national champs did I realize this was preseason rankings. Or I could have just read the actual title. Sucks that I'm illiterate.

Just now, ngdawg said:

Based on the graphic, could it be 2010? Trinity was projected to win the national title, and it seems that DBP did instead.

It could be. That does sound about right. I remember for years the back and forth about those 2 teams and the fact they never played each other 

Just now, HSFBfan said:

It could be. That does sound about right. I remember for years the back and forth about those 2 teams and the fact they never played each other 

I so wish there was a national tournament. It wouldn't be feasible, but seeing a 64 teams or 32 team tournament of the top teams would be absolutely fantastic. It would make the true national championship team stand out from the rest.

1 minute ago, ngdawg said:

I so wish there was a national tournament. It wouldn't be feasible, but seeing a 64 teams or 32 team tournament of the top teams would be absolutely fantastic. It would make the true national championship team stand out from the rest.

I agree completely 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

I think 8 would be best. Football is too grueling.  

6 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

so u do know

You threw me off with BTW.    They were really only in the conversation 2013 and you could argue 2014.   I was also thinking you were meaning Trinity Tx since they were the team listed 2010.    Yeah I remember that, honestly Trinity (Ky) was good, but DBP proved more IMO.      

16 minutes ago, Kalven said:

I think 8 would be best. Football is too grueling.  

True, I guess. I think I'd settle with 16. That seems ideal, with 4 rounds total if you make it that far. The only problem I can see is an underrated team which could give the better teams a run for their money, but are not ranked in the top 16.

4 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

True, I guess. I think I'd settle with 16. That seems ideal, with 4 rounds total if you make it that far. The only problem I can see is an underrated team which could give the better teams a run for their money, but are not ranked in the top 16.

Every ranking is an opinion. 

7 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Every ranking is an opinion. 

Yeah, and sometimes MaxPreps is biased, too. This will make it tough when deciding who to place in the bracket. I just wish high school football could be as clear cut as the NFL playoffs. But, hey, at least we get to enjoy a semester's worth of great football nationwide.

• Haha 1