How old were you when you purchased your first home?

RedZone

6 minutes ago, RedZone said:

I was 22.. I learned a lot about life that year. If there was ever a bullshit process to have to go through buying a home would rank #1.

Buying a jet airplane is probably easier and easier on the head.......

I mean in all honestly my 11k a year In property Tax probably costs more than the Shak on the Swamp u call home

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I mean in all honestly my 11k a year In property Tax probably costs more than the Shak on the Swamp u call home

and you wonder why I say in jersey you don't own land....

You only own a PSL,

that you pay the previous season ticket holder for...

...for the right to be "the responsible party"

and put your name on the mailbox.

PS: although others say you are just renter for the gov. (which I don't say, as renters are not usually held liable for all the 'responsibility' part)

1 hour ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Damn. Ya beat me to it. 🤣

...although my new tax burden in the great state of Tennessee is a fraction of what I was paying in CA for 30 years. 😎🇺🇸

1 hour ago, Blueliner said:

Damn. Ya beat me to it. 🤣

...although my new tax burden in the great state of Tennessee is a fraction of what I was paying in CA for 30 years. 😎🇺🇸

Yeah, but you have to live in Tennessee.

I find those who make huge life decisions based on tax implications are profoundly sad people.

35 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

Haven't bought a home yet but would like to one day build a 17,000 sq ft house either on a ranch or next to Lake Travis in Austin

That's one huge mansion. You could also settle near Southlake Carroll. They have some mighty rich properties over there.

1 minute ago, ChimpGrip said:

Oh yeah if I ever settled down in DFW, would be between Southlake and Highland Park. I like Plano too.

Sugarland and Missouri City aren't bad places to settle outside of Houston either. Just super hot and a lot of ants/mosquitos.