Be a victor not a victim!!

Nolebull813

5 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Excellent. We’re all created equal at birth. What one does from that point on until death is solely up to them. The Uncle Tom documentary beautifully spells this out. #victor

We may all be equal at birth, but we aren't given the same opportunities to succeed. Different situations lead to different struggles. Not everyone can succeed with a given amount of work in a different situation.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

We may all be equal at birth, but we aren't given the same opportunities to succeed. Different situations lead to different struggles. Not everyone can succeed with a given amount of work in a different situation.

Welcome to life.  You can moan about how unfair life is or make the best of your situation.  The choice is yours.  And we are not all equal at birth.  Deal with it.  Ultimately no one else really cares what you decide.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Kids raised by the same parents and go to the same schools their whole life still don’t grow up to be equal 

Anyone who has siblings knows that there are big differences in personality and success in life  between them. 

So if siblings living the exact same life their entire childhood don’t grow up to be equal then how the fuck would you expect millions of strangers to all be equal? 

31 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Your right , I don’t get free college because the color of my skin unlike some people 

32 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Welcome to life.  You can moan about how unfair life is or make the best of your situation.  The choice is yours.  And we are not all equal at birth.  Deal with it.  Ultimately no one else really cares what you decide.

Well then why do you guys believe that anyone can be successful if they put in work? There are so many people who have put in twice the work, just to fail because of their situation. And you won't ever hear their stories online.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Your right , I don’t get free college because the color of my skin unlike some people 

College isn't free or not based on your skin color. It's based on how much you do given the situation you grew up in. Getting straight A's in high school coming from a upper class family is different than getting straight A's coming from a lower class family. I've seen both extremes at my school.

6 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Is that the reason why? Last I looked, black or Hispanic kids in Florida don't get free college either. 

just for the sake of debating 

last time I checked I can’t get Grant money for being Italian 

• Ethnic minority grants offer assistance based on cultural heritage. African Americans, Hispanics, and other students descended from immigrant groups qualify for ethnic grants.  Native Americans are targeted by grant funding organizations that support the causes of indigenous North Americans. Asian Americans are represented by grant sources that support educational advancement among descendants of this immigrant block.

19 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Well then why do you guys believe that anyone can be successful if they put in work? There are so many people who have put in twice the work, just to fail because of their situation. And you won't ever hear their stories online.

What is success?  Ultimately we need to get a job, put food on the table, raise our families and stay out of jail.  The vast majority of us manage to do that (or used to).  Many do not have everything they want, achieve everything they want and may not love everything about their lives.  As I said, welcome to life.  God has a better one awaiting us.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Bormio said:

If you spend your life judging your success based on others, you will be very unhappy. And if you are convinced your circumstances will limit you, they will.

I see your point. But if you don't have the resources to be successful, how can you be it? I am lucky to have enough resources to make it through school relatively easily. Others don't have this privilege. It's easy to say when you're not in that position. 

30 minutes ago, Bormio said:

What is success?  Ultimately we need to get a job, put food on the table, raise our families and stay out of jail.  The vast majority of us manage to do that (or used to).  Many do not have everything they want, achieve everything they want and may not love everything about their lives.  As I said, welcome to life.  God has a better one awaiting us.

Success is as someone said whatever u want i guess. 

Some people go to work have a house food etc and are extremely miserable 

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Success is as someone said whatever u want i guess. 

Some people go to work have a house food etc and are extremely miserable 

But if you don’t have those, you are really miserable.  Everyone has dreams when they are young.  How many come true?  Few do, but many also fall in the category of unanswered prayers.  No, we don’t cure cancer, hit .400 etc - but we manage to make decent lives for ourselves.

6 minutes ago, Bormio said:

But if you don’t have those, you are really miserable.  Everyone has dreams when they are young.  How many come true?  Few do, but many also fall in the category of unanswered prayers.  No, we don’t cure cancer, hit .400 etc - but we manage to make decent lives for ourselves.

Life is pretty miserable no matter how u slice it. Give too many hours to a job and not enough time at home enjoying family. We have lost the simpler times of america. 

I know I can only speak for myself but none of "dreams" came true. I didn't exactly have too many to begin with but the 1 or 2 I had never came true

38 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Dreams most times don't come true. That's why they're called dreams. But success, however, can be earned. Those with less fortunate situations have to work twice or thrice as hard to even match the lowest level of success possible. It just annoys me when someone says that everyone is born equally so they can have an equal shot at success. That's just not how it works. Take it from a student who saw this for the past three years in school.

38 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Dreams most times don't come true. That's why they're called dreams. But success, however, can be earned. Those with less fortunate situations have to work twice or thrice as hard to even match the lowest level of success possible. It just annoys me when someone says that everyone is born equally so they can have an equal shot at success. That's just not how it works. Take it from a student who saw this for the past three years in school.

Life lessons from a 16yo 🤣

Like who do you think you are fooling LOL....

giphy.gif

^^^^you know who that is? 😝

1 minute ago, Troll said:

Life lessons from a 16yo 🤣

Like who do you think you are fooling LOL....

giphy.gif

^^^^you know who that is? 😝

Yes, because you TOTALLY can't trust a school-going kid on the impact of social status on a student's education. Sounds perfectly accurate.

8 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Yes, because you TOTALLY can't trust a school-going kid on the impact of social status on a student's education. Sounds perfectly accurate.

if it hurts your grades your an idiot..

if it hurts your feelings your a pussy.

your welcome.

54 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Dreams most times don't come true. ....

giphy.gif

54 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

That's just not how it works. Take it from a student who saw this .

giphy.gif