Two Hurricanes in the Gulf at the same time?

RedZone

9 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

Yes, i emoji laughed.

I remember you said you had stayed out by the airport a few times (I think when you were arguing with Block whether or not either of you had been on a plane). Lots of better budget locations you can find that don't have the number of cross-county truckers or substance-users or general trouble-makers in that area.

Ya there was a cop doing detour duty he saw I was visiting, he said that was an industrial area and visitors don’t stay down in this part, I did find a Blood that  let me use his black suv for 3 days for like $125 plus gas

1 minute ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Ya there was a cop doing detour duty he saw I was visiting, he said that was an industrial area and visitors don’t stay down in this part, I did find a Blood when let me use his black suv for 3 days for like $125 plus gas

Hey, I get it. I always saved some money for a place as long as there was a bed and a shower. About 5 years ago, my wife finally asked if we could start upgrading to a Motel 6 or something, as the cigarette burns on the blanket and next-room late night arguments apparently got to her more than me. But as it turns out, she was right, and Americas Best Value Inns are friggin' plush.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

Hey, I get it. I always saved some money for a place as long as there was a bed and a shower. About 5 years ago, my wife finally asked if we could start upgrading to a Motel 6 or something, as the cigarette burns on the blanket and next-room late night arguments apparently got to her more than me. But as it turns out, she was right, and Americas Best Value Inns are friggin' plush.

Mannnn there was only 1 reason why I stay there well 2 reasons 

77182337-C650-428D-BA89-17D913E16058.png

28 minutes ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

First, nice of you to ask, thank you...Not sure how to answer, but what I can tell you is things really seem to have changed -- Especially in the last 3 years.  2 years ago, it was the Paradise fire, which was 150ish miles away, but the smoke from it poured into the Bay Area such that it really was like an apocalyptic hellscape -- masked people emerging from the smoke less than a block away.  That one did hurt cuz I kept going outside for way to many days after I should have stayed inside, I coughed for 6 months after, and the smell of smoke gets to me now.  Last year wasn't so bad, but there were a lot of smaller fires, one less than a mile away where we were told to prepare to evacuate.  This year, the fires are mostly far away again (although one is  close).  This time the winds are changing such that Thursday morning it was raining ash, but this morning we had a reprieve and I was able to get out.  Right now the air quality has deteriorated again to the point it's recommended we stay indoors, and the smoke smell is pretty strong.

Hurricanes ain't so great either.  I saw that report a day or so ago of possibly two in the Gulf at once.  Take care.   If you guys want to send some of that water our way, we could solve a lot of problems at once. 

In Yellowstone/Tetons a couple years ago, fires from Washington/Oregon were blowing smoke across the country, which made the still-spectacular landscape less photogenic and made my attempt to recreate a famous Ansel Adams shot turn out not as fun as I was hoping for. Plus, the growth of the trees over the years has cut into the Snake River considerably. Fires create a lot of smoke.

The Bourbon / Ginger Ale wasn't bad on that trip though.

image.thumb.png.971930d215b1e5c16a416f00dfbccb9e.png

"Tetons and the Snake River" by Ansel Adams

image.png

• Like 2

18 hours ago, maxchoboian said:

In Yellowstone/Tetons a couple years ago, fires from Washington/Oregon were blowing smoke across the country, which made the still-spectacular landscape less photogenic and made my attempt to recreate a famous Ansel Adams shot turn out not as fun as I was hoping for. Plus, the growth of the trees over the years has cut into the Snake River considerably. Fires create a lot of smoke.

image.png

So many fond memories from that part of the country...  That is a really cool side by side...

I think I know the fire to which you are referring.  It was almost exactly two years ago and altered some backpacking plans...

👍

19 hours ago, RedZone said:

I must have zoomed right by this post.

Fire Devil........that's spooky.

Last night on the local newscast, after reviewing the status all the local fires, prevailing winds, and weather forecast, the weather guy started talking about the two hurricanes headed your way.  And he says: 'Don't worry, they won't merge and become one super hurricane.'

And all I could think was: "FVCK!  It's 2020, they're gonna merge and become one super hurricane!'

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

Last night on the local newscast, after reviewing the status all the local fires, prevailing winds, and weather forecast, the weather guy started talking about the two hurricanes headed your way.  And he says: 'Don't worry, they won't merge and become one super hurricane.'

And all I could think was: "FVCK!  It's 2020, they're gonna merge and become one super hurricane!'

Lol

I also read yesterday that there is an asteroid heading our way.  Should be here by the election.  Probably will miss us they say but couldn't help but think that 'yeah, it's going to hit us'.  

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, maxchoboian said:

image.png

Sorry about that.  I think it was the Canadians fault as those guys are shifty.  

I know we were getting smoke from Canada, Eastern WA and CA and Oregon.  It's the new normal for awhile I assume.  

Beautiful country for sure.  

21 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Ya there was a cop doing detour duty he saw I was visiting, he said that was an industrial area and visitors don’t stay down in this part, I did find a Blood that  let me use his black suv for 3 days for like $125 plus gas

You told him you're a prominent member of PrepGridiron's OT forum (aka dark side) and nothing scares you anymore right?  Plus you are from NJ so it's an upgrade.  

:D

• Haha 2

On 8/22/2020 at 4:29 PM, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I know, me kidding,

beautiful mountains and trails I used to be a  frontier airlines frequent flier... Rhodeway inn was my spot unfortunately they keep selling owners and the place is going down hill

B02E81E0-6CB2-4674-AE32-BA164D84C194.jpeg

I used to work at a hotel on Peoria,  just on the other side of the I-70. Many moons ago. It was called The Best Western Executive Hotel, and before that it was a Hilton, I believe. Now I think it's the Timbers.

On 8/22/2020 at 4:46 PM, maxchoboian said:

Yes, i emoji laughed.

I remember you said you had stayed out by the airport a few times (I think when you were arguing with Block whether or not either of you had been on a plane). Lots of better budget locations you can find that don't have the number of cross-county truckers or substance-users or general trouble-makers in that area.

We had a gang incident at a wedding in our hotel with shots fired. A real melee. Refunded a lot of money the next morning to our guests. Also had a guy running some kind of drug lab in one of our rooms. Right there at Peoria and I-70.