792 Sports National High School Football Rankings

Columbiafan

https://lockedinmagazine.com/792-sports-national-preseason-fb-ranking/

100-51 released today, 50-41 will be released tomorrow (I'll add the link to it when it is posted tomorrow)

50-41

https://lockedinmagazine.com/high-school-football-top-100-spots-50-41/

It also includes what states were considered for the poll, honorable Mentions will be released once the top 100 is fully released

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Just now, Ararar said:

It means less than the usual rankings when you don’t use every state.

Then again, what's the use of giving rankings for teams that aren't even playing this fall? I mean, there could be major roster changes by then, which could affect rankings greatly. It just seems safer to first make a list of the schools that are playing soon.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ararar said:

It means less than the usual rankings when you don’t use every state.

I saw no logical reason to rank teams if they won't be playing in the fall because at that point it means I would  have to rank teams who won't play a game until February and how would I be able to drop/rise teams with no games to judge them on 

That's why the only solution was rank from the states playing in the fall and maybe consider doing a smaller sample sized Ranking in the spring but why rank a team that won't play in the same season

That's like saying I would rank a state who plays soccer in the spring with a national poll that is ranking winter soccer

It definitely changed my rankings drastically to not have certain states but this was the only way I could do it if I hoped to do any Rankings during the season 

1 minute ago, ngdawg said:

@BUFORDGAWOLVES Come on man, be smart! Do you really think Buford would end up lower than North Gwinnett or Blessed Trinity?

Yes. You mean lower number? Yes.

Higher ranked? Yes.

Hey, an aside.... I like Barrett Carter’s AJC interview for Super 11..... seems cool and good a good head on his shoulders. 

bgw

3 minutes ago, whiteshoes said:

Exactly why I will not be ranking teams this season.

I was feeling the same way at first but I wanted to at least give it a shot 

I don't plan to do weekly rankings, in fact next poll will probably be mid-late September but I want to do what I can but I understand and can't blame you for wanting to take this year off with ranking because it's definitely more difficult than normal 

• Like 2

Just now, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Yes. You mean lower number? Yes.

Higher ranked? Yes.

Hey, an aside.... I like Barrett Carter’s AJC interview for Super 11..... seems cool and good a good head on his shoulders. 

bgw

I meant lower like towards the 100s, but I can see how you understood that.

Barrett is super chill. I used to be friends with him back in 6th grade, but lack of classes have drove us apart. Very humble and respectful kid. Love the way he plays and presents himself.

• Like 1

Just now, Columbiafan said:

I was feeling the same way at first but I wanted to at least give it a shot 

I don't plan to do weekly rankings, in fact next poll will probably be mid-late September but I want to do what I can but I understand and can't blame you for wanting to take this year off with ranking because it's definitely more difficult than normal 

Some folks have balls... that is all. 

bgw

• Haha 2

I can't believe Colquitt would show up in anybody's National poll.  We barely make the cut in anybody's (with knowledge) Georgia poll.   We can't even put a team on the field and opening night against the Defending World Champions is less than 2 weeks away.

To put things in perspective...when it appeared that Alcovy would be removed from our regular 10 game schedule...they sued...and now they're back on.   Things are so bad...(how bad are they?)...HawgGoneIt has already started his Official Beverage List for the season.  And he's doubled-down.

Rufus>>

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

I can't believe Colquitt would show up in anybody's National poll.  We barely make the cut in anybody's (with knowledge) Georgia poll.   We can't even put a team on the field and opening night against the Defending World Champions is less than 2 weeks away.

To put things in perspective...when it appeared that Alcovy would be removed from our regular 10 game schedule...they sued...and now they're back on.   Things are so bad...(how bad are they?)...HawgGoneIt has already started his Official Beverage List for the season.  And he's doubled-down.

Rufus>>

And I've learned your the world's worst sandbagger in my time here but hey the more posts the higher the post stays on the board which increases the views of the rankings

5 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Rufus>>

I don't think they'll be as bad as you make them out to be. They may just surprise everyone.

Just now, Columbiafan said:

He's a Colquitt fan

But he likes to pull woe is me card and act like Colquitt has no chance of winning any game 

See, I can understand this year why some Colquitt fans could be low on them. But it's tough to go from excellence to mediocrity that quickly. Even with Marietta's talent drop-off, I doubt they fall out of the top 15 or 20 in the state. Likewise, I doubt Colquitt goes worse than 8-2 next year. Glad the Westlake game is still on.