Slightly off topic but

Columbiafan

2 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Okay can you explain what the trailer has to do with a sports Academy

I certainly can't operate an Academy out of a trailer

In fact there isn't many business ventures I can operate out of one 

Why can’t you ? There’s plenty of sports academies using trailers and training and playing on a community field, 

if stuff was that easy in life I would have got investors and bought 10 garbage trucks and 30 dumpsters with 10 dumpster trucks and I start a giant Demolition and garbage hauling company  but unfortunately it’s not that easy

you gotta start small and build up

if you really wanna make money start a storage company, there’s 0 stress in it just sit and collect filthy amounts of money 

3 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Was there something specific that put it at risk and maybe that means I would want to get the best contractors for building a Stadium so I don't get thrown into a similar situation

Iirc I think the the folks that built it kind of rushed it and didn't reinforce the foundation properly.  

2 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Why can’t you ? There’s plenty of sports academies using trailers and training and playing on a community field, 

if stuff was that easy in life I would have got investors and bought 10 garbage trucks and 30 dumpsters with 10 dumpster trucks and I start a giant Demolition and garbage hauling company  but unfortunately it’s not that easy

if you really wanna make money start a storage company, there’s 0 stress in it just sit and collect filthy amounts of money 

That last sentence is lieeeeeeeee.

1 minute ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Because what would I have that would sell players on joining a program when they could go to a St Thomas Aquinas or an IMG

How can the program ever get better if there is no profit and no sell point

Me personally I only want to see the idea get off the ground, I personally never wrote up the entire idea on paper with the thought process "oh I wanna get rich off this" 

To me I just want to make a product that can be successful, if it is any investor can have the damn money I have other focus in the program as I'm pretty hands on and I can't accept sitting in some office 

I would want to have a more direct involvement in the program if that makes sense

8 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

That last sentence is lieeeeeeeee.

Whattttt

BLASPHEMY 

say you got 500 5x5 units and your renting at $100 a unit  right there is 50k a month 

that’s not counting the bigger units outside that go for $200-250 a month 

that’s not counting all the late fees most of the units get, 

that’s not counting the thousands a week from aunctioning units off that are locked out

thats not counting the money Uhaull pays you to let them rent their trucks , that’s not counting all the Tape, Cardboard boxes , bubble wrap, mattress covers, 🔒 locks  that they sell weekly 

im telling you that’s a big business in highly populated areas

• Like 1

I wish I had as much time to waste as it would take to help you with this endeavor. There is absolutely too much that goes into this.

You're talking thousands in permits, tens or hundreds of thousands in concrete, tens and hundreds of thousands in steel, and that doesn't even scratch the surface.

If I had to price the concrete job, it would be $20-30 per square foot just for the foundation of the buildings; that's being extremely conservative and assuming a basic design and minimal grade work to the land. Driveways, sidewalks, and curbs would be additional. 

There is a reason why schools spend tens of thousands of dollars just to pay people to organize the brainstorming of these projects.

Colquitt County probably has upwards of 60 or 70 million in our school and athletic facilities if that helps at all.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

And what happens if your school fails?  do you have that capital to payoff all the investors that want out?  This can easily put you in a whole THAT YOU WILL NEVER DIG OUT OF

Okay that's a fair point

So maybe the most logical approach would be for me to have as little involvement as possible with the financial side of it correct?

Again you have probably followed similar ventures in the past and honestly my heart would be more in the athletics side because like I said I ain't wanting this idea to make money from it, the profit can go to someone else (as well as the financial risk)

5 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I wish I had as much time to waste as it would take to help you with this endeavor. There is absolutely too much that goes into this.

Your talking thousands in permits, tens or hundreds of thousands in concrete, tens and hundreds of thousands in steel, and that doesn't even scratch the surface.

There is a reason why schools spend tens of thousands of dollars just to pay people to organize the brainstorming of these projects.

Well I got the brainstorming part down (minus the actual blueprints and costs) lol 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

You're talking thousands in permits, tens or hundreds of thousands in concrete, tens and hundreds of thousands in steel, and that doesn't even scratch the surface.

Colquitt County probably has upwards of 60 or 70 million in our school and athletic facilities if that helps at all.

There is a guy in backwoods Alabama that has written a book on how not to do it. 

• Haha 4

18 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Because what would I have that would sell players on joining a program when they could go to a St Thomas Aquinas or an IMG

How can the program ever get better if there is no profit and no sell point

Me personally I only want to see the idea get off the ground, I personally never wrote up the entire idea on paper with the thought process "oh I wanna get rich off this" 

To me I just want to make a product that can be successful, if it is any investor can have the damn money I have other focus in the program as I'm pretty hands on and I can't accept sitting in some office 

I would want to have a more direct involvement in the program if that makes sense

Sounds like you want /need someone to built this thing for you and then they just pay you to run it.  Reality is most successful people who invest their quid in things are pretty hands on with their their product run the way they want it run. Not sure what you would be offering them in return? The idea of a sports academy? That’s already out there and has been for years.

6 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Well I got the brainstorming part down (minus the actual blueprints and costs) lol 

Stamped blueprints on a small home cost hundreds of dollars. I can't even tell you what a project of this magnitude would cost. Engineers and architects don't come cheap and you are not going to walk into any permit office with hand drawn novice drawings for a school without getting laughed at.

1 minute ago, Cossacks said:

Sounds like you want /need someone to built this thing for you and then they just pay you to run it.  Reality is most successful people who invest their quid in things are pretty hands on with their their product run the way they want it run. Not sure what you would be offering them in return? The idea of a sports academy? That’s already out there and has been for years.

Okay let me ask you this 

Your a billionaire CEO with 5 or 6 major ventures you have your hands on

Are you really gonna have time to focus on every detail on a venture this size?

That's the idea I'm thinking, I would see myself as the type of person who would know who I need to bring into the program (coaching staff type stuff) to make it successful

Since I follow the athletics more closely then a rich business investor would I would be far better in tune with what I would want to bring into the program for each program to win

1 minute ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Stamped blueprints on a small home cost hundreds of dollars. I can't even tell you what a project of this magnitude would cost. Engineers and architects don't come cheap and you are not going to walk into any permit office with hand drawn novice drawings for a school without getting laughed at.

I suppose a visual picture of the template would get a blank stare then?

6 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Honestly the more I think of this idea the more I realize the best role I would fit in is probably like an atheltic director because that's where I could contribute the most 

Just now, Columbiafan said:

Most of my design ideas for the write-up I did were basically Google images that I found that is a rough depliction of the design I would have in mind 

They may be somewhat beneficial to an architectural firm... Probably going to cost more than you can pay to even schedule a consultation however.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Okay let me ask you this 

Your a billionaire CEO with 5 or 6 major ventures you have your hands on

Are you really gonna have time to focus on every detail on a venture this size?

That's the idea I'm thinking, I would see myself as the type of person who would know who I need to bring into the program (coaching staff type stuff) to make it successful

Since I follow the athletics more closely then a rich business investor would I would be far better in tune with what I would want to bring into the program for each program to win

Ok, is your track record in headhunting? I’m guessing your a business major? How many successful hires do you have on your resume. I don’t think many billionaires are jumping at the idea of Sports Academy to further their portfolio. They can find many other much more profitable options. 

Ok, is your track record of headhunting? I’m guessing your a business major? How many successful hires do you have on your resume. I don’t think many billionaires are jumping at the idea of Sports Academy to further their portfolio. They can find many other much more profitable options. 

Okay well let me ask you this

What would be the best approach

What type of people would most likely consider this kind of venture? 

What kind of control would those people want?

How many investors could be brought in before the potential profit would be stretched too thin?

11 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

How many investors could be brought in before the potential profit would be stretched too thin?

My guess is that a chance to turn a profit is slim to none. Therefore, any investor would balk at the idea from the beginning.

I don't think you realize how limited the number of people even interested in sports academies from the beginning really is. There's a reason why IMG academy is essentially the only "successful" venture in this area, and they were not born overnight. Honestly, I doubt IMG academy as ever turned a profit, and they survive off of state funding when it comes down to it. Remember how much you've bitches about FL investing in them?

Sometimes you just need to realize that all "dreams" are not feasible. I can appreciate your enthusiasm, but you may want to consider dedicating such time and effort into a different venture.

Honestly, you could spend however many hours a day you've already put into this idea, and find commercial concrete jobs for me online to bid on, and make more money than you would pursuing this particular "dream".

If you want to be an AD, CEO, or whatever... There are plenty more achievable dreams than starting a sports academy from scratch.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

I don’t think it’s a venture many would even want to get into honestly. Way more downside than upside.

Plus the country is in the middle of a pandemic, a presidential election and an unknown economic future for the time being. People might hold off to see what the future holds before looking spending cash.

Honestly, can’t believe I’m saying it, but I’d listen to  @imaGoodBoyNow now. Start small. Shit opening a pre-school at this time* would be a much better option. Get a track record of success for 5 or so years and then look for bigger options to expand on with your proven resume and credentials.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don’t think it’s a venture many would even want to get into honestly. Way more downside than upside.

Plus the country is in the middle of a pandemic, a presidential election and an unknown economic future for the time being. People might hold off to see what the future holds before looking spending cash.

Honestly, can’t believe I’m saying it, but I’d listen to  @imaGoodBoyNow now. Start small. Shit opening a pre-school at this town would be a much better option. Get a track record of success for 5 or so years and then look for bigger options to expand on with your proven resume and credentials.

+1

7 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

My guess is that a chance to turn a profit is slim to none. Therefore, any investor would balk at the idea from the beginning.

I don't think you realize how limited the number of people even interested in sports academies from the beginning really is. There's a reason why IMG academy is essentially the only "successful" venture in this area, and they were not born overnight. Honestly, I doubt IMG academy as ever turned a profit, and they survive off of state funding when it comes down to it. Remember how much you've bitches about FL investing in them?

Sometimes you just need to realize that all "dreams" are not feasible. I can appreciate your enthusiasm, but you may want to consider dedicating such time and effort into a different venture.

Honestly, you could spend however many hours a day you've already put into this idea, and find commercial concrete jobs for me online to bid on, and make more money than you would pursuing this particular "dream".

If you want to be an AD, CEO, or whatever... There are plenty more achievable dreams than starting a sports academy from scratch.

IMG definitely has received state funds but they wouldn't be expanding so often if they weren't at least making some profit

While being an AD is fine I definitely would be extremely restricted at a public school because the funds are next to nothing so I at that point would just be some suit walking the halls 

Can't put a stamp on a program with nowhere to approach any idea