GA HSFB scoreboard

TheMaximumHornetSting

Final scores:

Richmond Hills (GA) 24 Wayne  (Jesup,GA) 21

Lee County 66 Crawford (Roberta,GA) 0 

Houston HS (Warner Robins,GA) 17 Coffee HS(Dougalas,GA) 10- this is actually  an upset.

Camden 35 Raines (Jacksonville, FL) 26 

Lowndes 37 Oakleaf (Jacksonville, FL) 17 

Valdosta 45 Bainbridge  (GA) 7

Colquitt 51 Banneker (College Park,GA) 0

Brunswick 21 Benedictine (Savannah,GA) 16- IDK how this happened.... 

Just now, georgiagator1 said:

See kid. Pride. What I tell you. Thought it would be close with PV pulling it out.  Congrats to NG, did what it took and your home win streak is intact 

I feel like deep down I knew North would pull it out, but it would just be safer to prepare for the worst. That's why I picked Parkview. I could see them winning. I definitely couldn't see them getting shutout.

Just now, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Maybe yall are finally putting  it together... 

Not a chance. Our passing game is still god awful. Our defense is very solid, almost Lowndes-level potentially. Marcus McFarlane is a potentially star at RB, and the run game basically provided the entire offense for our game. This team won't win state because we cannot throw the football. Our QB still sucks, missing slants and passes in the flat. So many drops by receivers and defenders too, it was very annoying. Lot to improve on.

Grayson - Collins Hill thoughts

Grayson had much better field position throughout the game but didn’t capitalize until late. Collins Hill took the lead 7-0 midway through the 3rd after a couple nice passes. Grayson responded immediately and tied the game on the next possession. Collins Hill actually got inside the Grayson thirty yard line in the 4th quarter tied 7-7 but penalties pushed them back and they turned it over on downs. Grayson hit a nice pass to Smith on the next drive and eventually punched it in to go up 14-7. Collins Hill played above their belt most of the night before fumbling and throwing a pick inside the final five minutes. Think the moment finally got to them once they trailed for the first time. Big 4th quarter for Mafah who at that point late was really hard for CH to tackle. Grayson ran the last 14 on short fields  

Much better Collins Hill team than recent years. Definitely some talent on this Eagles team unfortunately none on the offensive line. I do like their skill players/QB though. They couldn’t protect Horn (QB) agaisnt a very good Grayson defensive front. And outside of one QB scramble I’m not sure they ran for a first down the entire game. They’ll move the ball on a lot of teams  because of the QB/WR tandem, but the really good defensive teams will be too good up front defensively. North Gwinnett will shut their offense down as well 

Neither QB looked good last night due in large part to Collins Hill’s defense playing well also. Grayson Is going to really miss Del Rio in the playoffs as the younger QB in there now is a major dropoff in talent. Very much a game manager, can’t be asked to do too much. 

Phil Mafah (Clemson) is one of the best running backs in the state but man they sub him out too much for my liking. Major dropoff from Mafah to the second back. Once Mafah got going in the 4th quarter he really blew it open late 

Of NOTE: NO KICKING GAME FOR GRAYSON. At all. Second week in a row Grayson has missed an XP. Also turned the ball over on downs inside the 10 in the first half because they couldn’t kick a field goal. Never been an issue with the program before but it’s certainly a problem this year. 

• Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Grayson - Collins Hill thoughts

Grayson had much better field position throughout the game but didn’t capitalize until late. Collins Hill took the lead 7-0 midway through the 3rd after a couple nice passes. Grayson responded immediately and tied the game on the next possession. Collins Hill actually got inside the Grayson thirty yard line in the 4th quarter tied 7-7 but penalties pushed them back and they turned it over on downs. Grayson hit a nice pass to Smith on the next drive and eventually punched it in to go up 14-7. Collins Hill played above their belt most of the night before fumbling and throwing a pick inside the final five minutes. Think the moment finally got to them once they trailed for the first time. Big 4th quarter for Mafah who at that point late was really hard for CH to tackle. Grayson ran the last 14 on short fields  

Much better Collins Hill team than recent years. Definitely some talent on this Eagles team unfortunately none on the offensive line. I do like their skill players/QB though. They couldn’t protect Horn (QB) agaisnt a very good Grayson defensive front. And outside of one QB scramble I’m not sure they ran for a first down the entire game. They’ll move the ball on a lot of teams  because of the QB/WR tandem, but the really good defensive teams will be too good up front defensively. North Gwinnett will shut their offense down as well 

Neither QB looked good last night due in large part to Collins Hill’s defense playing well also. Grayson Is going to really miss Del Rio in the playoffs as the younger QB in there now is a major dropoff in talent. Very much a game manager, can’t be asked to do too much. 

Phil Mafah (Clemson) is one of the best running backs in the state but man they sub him out too much for my liking. Major dropoff from Mafah to the second back. Once Mafah got going in the 4th quarter he really blew it open late 

Of NOTE: NO KICKING GAME FOR GRAYSON. At all. Second week in a row Grayson has missed an XP. Also turned the ball over on downs inside the 10 in the first half because they couldn’t kick a field goal. Never been an issue with the program before but it’s certainly a problem this year. 

Great write-up! Thanks. 

So maybe Collins Hill is a "buy" for top 10-15 in the state all class or nah?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

So maybe Collins Hill is a "buy" for top 10-15 in the state all class or nah?

Yes potentially a top 15 team, but I want to see how they perform over the next few weeks. Everyone’s flying around undefeated, will be interested to see how they respond against Rome and Alpharetta after dropping a big game. I expect them to win the next two but want to see them do it impressively 

• Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Wtf... 

I got my weeks misaligned again... 

I thought Lee was Military  appreciation  night. 

Nah griffin game was military 

Oakleaf was senior

I haven't heard about anything going on that week. They have changed things due to corona.