Vice president debate

HSFBfan

3 hours ago, Bormio said:

I agree with very little of what Elizabeth Warren stands for politically, but she would have been a far more credible VP candidate.  Harris is a lightweight who has no business being near the Oval Office.

Actually there were several democratic candidates that imo are more qualified than Harris and in all probability Biden for POTUS.

Any one with half a brain can see what San Francisco and the entire state of Ca. to a lesser degree has regressed to... and Biden is a card carrying member of what has over the decades been the system that has led to what we have now. This ticket represents everything that is wrong in our current society. It was created by what is trendy now... feeding the politics and not who is best qualified to do the job.

• Thanks 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gospeeder said:

Actually there were several democratic candidates that imo are more qualified than Harris and in all probability Biden for POTUS.

Any one with half a brain can see what San Francisco and the entire state of Ca. to a lesser degree has regressed to... and Biden is a card carrying member of what has over the decades been the system that has led to what we have now. This ticket represents everything that is wrong in our current society. It was created by what is trendy now... feeding the politics and not who is best qualified to do the job.

Biden, under pressure from the looney left, made it clear that qualifications were not the primary consideration for a running mate. Color and gender were. And sucking up to the looney left.

Thus, he picked a woman of color who is, clearly,  amongst the most liberal members of the US Senate.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Criminally insane. It is disturbing the man is a doctor. I would never under any circumstances seek treatment from him. 

It's as if nobody on the left is calling to pack the Court and thus make it a toy of the other two branches, and Biden and Harris have not run like bitches when asked about it.

🤡

🤣

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Drama queen.  It isn’t like they haven’t tried before.  And Democrats never give up - they just hibernate a while.  All their bad ideas will resurface at some point.

You have become more and more a propagandist. 

That or the cult has dragged you under. 

Come on man, be reasonable in your posts. 

No one is gonna stack the court. 

1 minute ago, Bormio said:

The woman honestly said “in 1864” in response to a question on this - the last time justices were added.  Why do you think it is implausible?  There is a lot of pressure on Democrats to deliver for the progressives.  If the court overturned Roe - the left will go insane.

it is certainly plausible but it would be a very unpopular move and Biden will be sincere in unifying this country 

he would never allow it, imo 

1 minute ago, noonereal said:

it is certainly plausible but it would be a very unpopular move and Biden will be sincere in unifying this country 

So the Court overturns Roe (also unpopular).  You think Biden would stand in the way of a firestorm to pack the Court among Democrats.  You’re whistling Dixie.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Which is why he won't be transparent with the American people.

That's what unifiers do.

They refuse to be open with the American people on important issues.

Right?

If this guy wins he will be the  most manipulated president in US history. And it won't be close.

He already folded to the far left by not basing his VP choice on qualifications.

He publicly admitted basing the decision on identity politics. Female + black/minority.  And then he made sure he licked the boots of the looney left by choosing the most liberal woman in the entire US Senate.

He is a 47-year, zero accomplishment puppet of a politician.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Bormio said:

So the Court overturns Roe (also unpopular).  You think Biden would stand in the way of a firestorm to pack the Court among Democrats.  You’re whistling Dixie.

repealing Roe will create a firestorm as what, 70% of the country supports it?

I still don't think packing the court would be feasible politically or in the best interest of the country so Biden won't go there. 

We are likely gonna find out as Trump is no Lincoln. 

42 minutes ago, noonereal said:

I hope he does it.

Merrick Garland should be sitting on the SC today, he isn't because Republicans decided to shatter norms and hold a seat for over 400 days.

Beyond that I wouldn't put anyone else on the court, let it sit at 10 - wouldn't be the first time the SC had 10 Justices and since Mitch decided to toss norms out the window...go for it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, noonereal said:

repealing Roe will create a firestorm as what, 70% of the country supports it?

I still don't think packing the court would be feasible politically or in the best interest of the country so Biden won't go there. 

We are likely gonna find out as Trump is no Lincoln. 

I think Biden is going to let Mitch and the American people decide.

If Mitch forces this through and is successful I think the options are on the table.

I think if Republicans keep the Senate he obviously won't go further.

If it's a 50-50 Senate I think he might try to seat Garland.

51+ in favor of Dems and he may try 2, saying he has a mandate to correct the Garland injustice (no pun meant) and the reversal of the "new precedent" that Mitch set by shoving Barrett through. (If Roe or the ACA falls, both popular in polling, Roe more so - I'd say it's even likelier).

Ultimately, you're probably right. He likely won't do it and won't talk about it further because he knows it'll tick off the Dem base that he won't stack it. I hope he ups it to 10 though.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, concha said:

Even the flies can only stand so much. They need a break every so often.

You are a nasty misogynist. You have no independent intellect. You are in essence, an immoral, ventriloquist's dummy. An empty hat that spouts the garbage of the far right. Then you wonder why you cannot garner any respect outside you homeboy base of losers.  

Just now, DarterBlue said:

You are a nasty misogynist. You have no independent intellect. You are in essence, an immoral, ventriloquist's dummy. An empty hat that spouts the garbage of the far right. Then you wonder why you cannot garner any respect outside you homeboy base of losers.  

Long-running trend that concha absolutely HATES women, especially Democratic women - this guy spews poison whenever talking about them.

Always something about looks, being a slut, being stupid, etc.

He must be fun at parties.