Will nj ever MAN up and play a Texas team in Texas?

RedZone

1 hour ago, sausmann9 said:

I guess you can say the same for Texas; when's the last time a Texas flight landed in NJ???  There ain't shit to see in Texas, I was there for over two years and the fucking Alamo is about as good as it gets.  If OOS is supposed to be about experiencing something other than football then you might want to start in the NJ area.  

I won't assume you're an idiot and list all the possible things a team from Texas could enjoy up in the Northeast but I think you get the picture.

I get that nj has never played a game in Texas or a Texas team period.....100 years of football.

Why??

Your opinion of Texas is noted though, but doesn't really interest me much. I know better.

5 hours ago, RedZone said:

I also get there's a nj chump on this forum mocking, degrading, and being a general asshole in regards to Texas. Smug bastard!

This nj chump claims to be a high school football matchmaker.

Nothing!

GSB and I are at opposite ends of the earth politically.  He is also a passionate promoter of his business and some times this may seem like a bit much

But he also loves hs ball as much as anyone on this board.  He has also created his own market where one may have only marginally existed.  Should I also mention that business aside (and the necessary need to promote those who trust him) he knows more than most on this board.

Deep respect for the politically misguided GSB.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

his business

Businesses make money.

This clown gets IMG visors....

He claimed John Curtis was a client/whatever.....in the Acadiana thread he makes a joke about John Curtis may have to use pgl now because they lost to Acadiana.

...he's just a lying little nobody.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Businesses make money.

He claimed John Curtis was a client/whatever.....in the Acadiana thread he makes a joke about John Curtis may have to use pgl now because they lost to Acadiana.

John Curtis is some kind pgl client. Brother Martin (NOLA) is now obviously a pgl client as of tonight. Dude is full of shit.....open your eyes.

Gardenstateballer "JCC may never recover from this. They may be forced to use PGL now! LOL" 

After doing a little research, Texas came up to PA four times, not three times, to play PA teams.  I saw three of the four games about 10 years ago when a group of us were copying game film from 8mm to DVD.  These were the Big 33 games from 1964, 1965, 1966, and 1967.  PA won the first game 12-6.  Texas won the next three games 24-10, 34-3, and 45-14

Bobby Lane and Bill Bradley brought an arial attack the last three games and beat PA handily three out of four times.  

Still haven't found any TX v NJ games though.

On 10/12/2020 at 10:33 AM, RedZone said:

You can make irrelevant excuses till you turn blue in the face, but it doesn't change the facts.

.nj has been flying right over Texas for decades. Why?????

Answer that.

Is it more important for IMG Academy to play in Texas than bergen catholic, nj??? 

And TX has played in NJ when?  Maybe they have, but if not, then your point is moot.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sausmann9 said:

After doing a little research, Texas came up to PA four times, not three times, to play PA teams.  I saw three of the four games about 10 years ago when a group of us were copying game film from 8mm to DVD.  These were the Big 33 games from 1964, 1965, 1966, and 1967.  PA won the first game 12-6.  Texas won the next three games 24-10, 34-3, and 45-14

Bobby Lane and Bill Bradley brought an arial attack the last three games and beat PA handily three out of four times.  

Still haven't found any TX v NJ games though.

Bobby Layne?  Are there any rock carvings of those games?  Geezus...that's been awhile!

• Haha 1

On 10/12/2020 at 9:53 PM, RedZone said:

Businesses make money.

Lol visors,? he has to be getting a lot of visors  to be able to afford living where he does, I wouldn’t be surprised if he pays more in property tax in one year the your whole property is worth 

1 hour ago, sausmann9 said:

Ah but you remember the name :)

Mid 1960's so no rock carvings but those games were on 8mm reels when we started transferring them onto DVD. 

LOL  I remember the name because I'm THAT old!  But, the Bobby Layne I remember retired from the NFL after the 1962 season, so maybe we're not talking about the same guy?

18 minutes ago, Yard Dart said:

LOL  I remember the name because I'm THAT old!  But, the Bobby Layne I remember retired from the NFL after the 1962 season, so maybe we're not talking about the same guy?

could be the same guy.  if he got out of the NFL in 62' and could have been the HC of the Big 33 TX team in 65' and 66'

• Like 1

On 10/12/2020 at 10:00 AM, RedZone said:

Or anywhere really....pgl obviously sucks.

Most every state has tasted and experienced Friday Night Lights except nj. 

What gives?..... there are hundreds and hundreds of high schools in Texas that are looking for games most years.....pgi is clearly irrelevant and nj is clearly scared.

Life Christian vs IMG was great though. 😂 

i cannot speak for BC or Bosco but SJR reached out to a top3 program in TX a couple years ago and said school would not agree to a 2yr contract bc they did not want to travel 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

i cannot speak for BC or Bosco but SJR reached out to a top3 program in TX a couple years ago and said school would not agree to a 2yr contract bc they did not want to travel 

He doesn’t get it, we would absolutely love a shot at Texas top teams , but at the same time we’re not gonna go give into to unfair Stipends, why should we pay air, food and hotels for a Texas team  to bring cheerleaders and band, that’s just absurd

1 hour ago, SJR89 said:

Traveling OOS is difficult for a public school that uses taxpayer money to operate.  I'm not saying it can't be done, because obviously, it can.  Texas teams have traveled before, though I'm not familiar with what financial arrangements were made.  I would think it would be easier for a one-school ISD, like Allen or Southlake Carroll to travel than a school like Katy, which has 8 other high schools they share tax revenue with.  Or, a CyFair team where there's 11 other high schools in the ISD.  I can't see the other high schools' parents being too happy with their tax dollars going to sending another school's team on an unnecessary OOS road trip.  Public schools don't budget for OOS travel, although it appears some private schools do.  For most Texas publics to travel, there would need to be some serious fundraising going down.  I remember having to do a few months worth of fundraising just to send the Katy band to Dallas for a non-UIL contest, and that's peanuts compared to what it would cost to send the football team to New Jersey, or California.  There's also the difficulty of scheduling games for the sub-varsity teams that week.  I'm not sure it's worth the hassle to most Texas publics.  That said, I would like to see Texas teams play more OOS games against other states' publics.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SJR89 said:

2yr contract

Well, in a perfect world that would be perfect....unfortunately the high school football world is not perfect.

I can list lots of games Louisiana teams have scheduled to play a 1-year travel deal.

Rummel going to NJ comes to mind.....Rummel traveled to nj to play don bosco on their centennial celebration (was a BIG deal) to boot. 

Louisiana has played lot of states that have never returned a trip to Louisiana, especially NOLA.

Been to  Hoover, AL 3 times never a return trip to Louisiana by Hoover.....and etc.

Sometimes you just have to want to do it.......