What happened to Don Bosco Prep?

jserralions

Not trolling, serious. I remember they would kick the shit out of every out of state team like they would owe them money. I also remember SJB's coaching staff would get mentored by the Ironmen about how to become a national program etc. I saw them play against SJB and man, that game was over from the first snap and they seemed timid and a little scared. They still have a place in my heart but it reminds me of Mike Tyson in his prime running through everyone and you see him now struggling to beat these out of shape no names. Legacy is still there!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jserralions said:

Not trolling, serious. I remember they would kick the shit out of every out of state team like they would owe them money. I also remember SJB's coaching staff would get mentored by the Ironmen about how to become a national program etc. I saw them play against SJB and man, that game was over from the first snap and they seemed timid and a little scared. They still have a place in my heart but it reminds me of Mike Tyson in his prime running through everyone and you see him now struggling to beat these out of shape no names. Legacy is still there!

Can’t we say the same about JSerra , y’all were big bad , with General Booty and NJs 4 best team flew cross country and mud stomped the The Beach Boys of Orange County 

On 10/13/2020 at 6:17 PM, jserralions said:

we don't have the players

so, now it's up to the likes of Joes, BC, PC, and SPP to achieve something

I stopped holding my breath

On 10/13/2020 at 11:44 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

That trifecta was the beginning of the end of DPBs dominant run. Loss at MV, home loss to MC, then another home loss to DePaul. 

like Kung Fu said, we lost before we played 1 game in '12 and '13.  Those teams had nothing to do with it.  You know better.  '12 saw the loss of Pepps, Troy Kay (the year before), Wilkins, Ty Wash, and some others.  even with them, Bosco was way down. 

Bosco from '02 to '11 against '13 MC would have been a great game.  I'd like to think 2-3 Bosco teams could have beaten MC, but maybe not.  MC was special. 

DLS had better teams than the '08 and '09 teams that we beat.  We grabbed DLS on good years for us possibly.  Similarly, MC beat something like Sugar Ray Robinson in his 40s in the 1960s.  Bronx's Joey Archer, a HOFer, beat Sugar Ray, greatest fighter ever, but he wasn't stupid enough to think that he beat Sugar anywhere near his prime.  MC faced a 3rd-string DE who weighed 195 and played lacrosse.  Please.  even with a healthy team, Bosco would have lost, but 7 starters were out, and 3 more were lost during the game.  lol.  the 3rd-string DE started from the get-go of that game--that's how down they were.

trifecta confirmed what everyone knew; it started nothing

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The DePaul loss in Ramsey was the nail in the coffin. 

i don't know what that means.  i don't think you do, either

it was merely further confirmation, assuming one needed it.  after the '12 season, all knew.  Bosco got jobbed at MV, but all saw that MV was just as good as them, which meant Bosco was still way down in '13.  DePaul was a disaster but it was no more than a suggestion that nothing could be taken for granted any longer.  We needed a QB shake up, too.

after losing to DePaul, Bosco beat PC at PC on ESPN, BC at Overpeck, and Joes at Joes to end their bid for a MNC. 

post-DePaul, they also beat FCA at Wash DC 26-8, Hackensack 35-6, and SHP 55-7 in the playoffs.

Bosco lost 21-20 to PC at PC in the semi-finals.  Sweeney went offsides, and caused the All-County kicker to have to kick a 48 instead of a 43.  Missed by 1 foot.

The coffin must not have been nailed too tight, as they beat the BNU and everyone else after that game.  Says a lot for the BNU and NJ--a nailed coffin kicks the shit out of NJ.  That's what you're saying?

36 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

MV and MC were “good” losses if there were ever such a thing. Losing to DPC in Ramsey was bad, unexpected and considered an upset, unlike the aforementioned ones. 

I think I said what you just said.

But what I disagree with is you and MC pointing to a game or a trifecta in '13, and saying, we were never the same after that--e.g., nail in the coffin.  That's wrong.

in '13, we went 6-1 after losing to DP, losing to PC by 1 point in the semis away with that stupid penalty.  That trifecta left no impact on the team that year or program after.  we won after that game, and we weren't getting the recruits before or after that game.  No affect.  (And btw, we had 7 starters out for the MC game, and we lost 3* (V Tech) OT Smith, FB Friend, and that good LB during the MC game.  So, with 10 starters out for DP, anything was possible.  Wasn't that the year recruited-up DP came out of the closet, won states, etc.?)

we beat STA in '14.  we won states in '15.  made it to the finals in '19.  we've been pretty much the same for 8 yrs.  we win some, lose some.  some yrs are better than others.  Post-Toal, our record is worse than it is from '12 till Toal was booted.  Toal got some more out of the teams than the pre-Sabella gang did.

My point is that from '12 till now, we've been down.  No team or string of losses did that to us.  We won a 2nd MNC in 3 years and fell off the cliff.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Fair. That fact that DBP beat STA the following season makes your point even more valid. 

i think the DP loss was perhaps their worst loss, and was the most shocking loss--no doubt.  Eye opener.

I wasn't the same after you, your son, HSF, and I watched the MV game at my house.  that was traumatic.  then when Big Cox showed in a blow-up that clean hit that the Ref had called a clip and had brought back Friend's TD, I was devastated.  I think that the Refs got the OT call right.  But that called-back TD, and all those PI calls and the calls for illegal hits to helmets supposedly by little Hanks to MV's OL during MV's final game-tying drive were BS.  On every play during that drive there was a flag thrown.  Cox was going nuts.  I can laugh now

14 minutes ago, Mad-Water said:

i think the DP loss was perhaps their worst loss, and was the most shocking loss--no doubt.  Eye opener.

I wasn't the same after you, your son, HSF, and I watched the MV game at my house.  that was traumatic.  then when Big Cox showed in a blow-up that clean hit that the Ref had called a clip and had brought back Friend's TD, I was devastated.  I think that the Refs got the OT call right.  But that called-back TD, and all those PI calls and the calls for illegal hits to helmets supposedly by little Hanks to MV's OL during MV's final game-tying drive were BS.  On every play during that drive there was a flag thrown.  Cox was going nuts.  I can laugh now

The execution of the final play in OT was epic, watch it on UTR. The Mission Viejo OL and RB sweeps the right side of the Ironmen for the walk off game winning TD. The place went nuts. Toal joined Lad, Rollo, and Lara in losing to Johnson.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Exocet 98 said:

The execution of the final play in OT was epic, watch it on UTR. The Mission Viejo OL and RB sweeps the right side of the Ironmen for the walk off game winning TD. The place went nuts. Toal joined Lad, Rollo, and Lara in losing to Johnson.

Did MV thatwalk all ove their competition .What was their final record..?

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

It was a good series. I’ll always remember 35-7 in Ramsey when ‘11 DBP was #1 and MV #5. I stood behind Mark Sanchez for a while. He was shell-shocked. 

What did he say? What did he think? I was pretty shell shocked too. Mission Viejo was the SJB/MD of their time in 2011.

1 hour ago, Mad-Water said:

Basically , MV made some big plays, got out ahead, and DBP didn't wake up until second half . They clearly were the better overall team , and MV was fortunate to make some big plays. DBP would win 8 out of 10 over MV imop,  that season. But your point is valid. DBP , to lose to the likes of MV, and MV wasn't an elite MV , showed that DBP was way off from the run they had up until 11 . Still a good tough team . That whipping of STA in 14 proved they were still dangerous

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

Basically , MV made some big plays, got out ahead, and DBP didn't wake up until second half . They clearly were the better overall team , and MV was fortunate to make some big plays. DBP would win 8 out of 10 over MV imop,  that season. But your point is valid. DBP , to lose to the likes of MV, and MV wasn't an elite MV , showed that DBP was way off from the run they had up until 11 . Still a good tough team . That whipping of STA in 14 proved they were still dangerous

Had those teams played between 2000 and 2011 no fifty points and I say Bosco would have won  almost all of them..Since 2013, Bosco would have lost all except  maybe that team that beat STA 24-7....

On 10/13/2020 at 11:44 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

That trifecta was the beginning of the end of DPBs dominant run. Loss at MV, home loss to MC, then another home loss to DePaul. 

And then two years later,9-3 State champs..The loss to MC was a result of loss of talent and facing an outstanding team that be a lot of underclassmen...MV could have gone either way, but didn't...MV rolled over other weak Cal teams...