Preseason top 100

Columbiafan

23 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Hey I'm working on making a preseason top 100 and wondering if anyone could make a top 100 so i have a idea what to work with 

Just make it ... than posters from their respective states can tell you if they agree or disagree w the teams included. 

2 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Just make it ... than posters from their respective states can tell you if they agree or disagree w the teams included. 

Yeah but i have nothing to use as a base

Usually When i do rankings i look around and use other polls to build mine by seeing what teams are highly thought of and placing them how i feel they will finish

But i don't have any polls out for this year to look at 

4 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

How bout this I'll make a top 100 for last year and you all can tell me who will trend up or down this year 

Last year's over brah ...... beat those polls over on here like a dead horse. 

Just do your best to make 100 poll upcoming year. And you do have a base to start w .... maxpreps just came out w a list from each state who should be considered top 100. No numbers to any teams but a good place to start. 

10 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Yeah but i have nothing to use as a base

Usually When i do rankings i look around and use other polls to build mine by seeing what teams are highly thought of and placing them how i feel they will finish

But i don't have any polls out for this year to look at 

This is where cal/maxpreps is helpful.  

I would start by putting teams into general tiers. There is pretty good agreement who the top teams are already (Gorman, IMG, STA, MD, SJB, Grayson, DeMatha,etc). This is not a ranking and you could add more teams if you wish. Each of these teams could beat each other on a given day. Next are teams 11-25 which is Teir 2. Then you could have a few more tiers.

At this point it is silly in my opinion to say team #43 is a lot better than team #62, especially if they are from different areas with no common opponents.

• Like 2

Start a thread asking guys for the top teams in their states; bring your own knowledge to the table; put something out

we need more to argue about

also Maxpreps has already come out with a preseason top 100 so you can use that as you base and then just add FL teams ?

Just now, Pops said:

Start a thread asking guys for the top teams in their states; bring your own knowledge to the table; put something out

we need more to argue about

also Maxpreps has already come out with a preseason top 100 so you can use that as you base and then just add FL teams ?

I'm gonna ignore the ones maxpreps did for Florida because plant and armwood are not top 100

In fact i have both outside of my top 20 just in Florida 

It might be terrible but here was my first crack at it

Let me know where i can improve it 

1 Bishop Gorman 
2 St John Bosco 
3 IMG
4 Mater Dei 
5 Centennial 
6 St Thomas Aquinas 
7 Desoto 
8 Dematha
9 Chandler 
10 Allen 
11 Grayson
12 St John's 
13 De La Salle 
14 Trinity
15 Bergen Catholic 
16 Miami Northwestern 
17 St Xavier 
18 Archbishop Wood
19 St Joseph Prep 
20 Lake Travis 
21 Brentwood Academy 
22 Miami Central 
23 Bingham 
24 Lamar 
25 Bishop Sullivan

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

It might be terrible but here was my first crack at it

Let me know where i can improve it 

1 Bishop Gorman 
2 St John Bosco 
3 IMG
4 Centennial 
5 Mater Dei 
6 St Thomas Aquinas 
7 Desoto 
8 Dematha
9 Chandler 
10 Allen 
11 Grayson
12 St John's 
13 De La Salle 
14 Trinity
15 Bergen Catholic 
16 Miami Northwestern 
17 St Xavier 
18 Archbishop Wood
19 St Joseph Prep 
20 Lake Travis 
21 Brentwood Academy 
22 Miami Central 
23 Bingham 
24 Lamar 
25 Bishop Sullivan

I can only speak well for the SoCal teams. Going into the season Cen10 is not higher than MD. We know Cen10 has a stud QB and Logan's offense is impossible to defend. But they stil have lot of unknowns going into the season. I would probably rank them somewhere between 11-20 preseason until we see them in action against IMG and then adjust accordingly.