Question of the day

Nolebull813

25 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Now is this nice bull? 

How is you accusing me of having a racist angle to a simple question nice? 

I just want to know if blonde hair, blue eyed people with white to peach colored skin are allowed to be considered African-American if their parents are from Africa but they were born in America. 

Thank you. 

• Thumbs Down 1

17 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

That's possible just as much so as people never seeing racism where it does exist.

I wonder which one you suffer from?

I suffer from neither. I recognize there are racist and hateful incidents all around the world everyday with victims being every single race and background. 

In America there is no institution or system that is racist. That is a myth used to divide for political purposes, and used to keep minorities suppressed. Oppression by suppression. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, Nolebull813 said:

How is you accusing me of having a racist angle to a simple question nice? 

I just want to know if blonde hair, blue eyed people with white to peach colored skin are allowed to be considered African-American if their parents are from Africa but they were born in America. 

Thank you. 

I did not call you a name and I asked you a question concerning race (which you have not answered) because your post seemed overtly racist. 

I'll wait for your reply and if your intent was not race related I'll post a correction to my post. Fair?   

13 minutes ago, noonereal said:

I did not call you a name and I asked you a question concerning race (which you have not answered) because your post seemed overtly racist. 

I'll wait for your reply and if your intent was not race related I'll post a correction to my post. Fair?   

Not really. There was no racist overtones at all. It was a question that randomly popped into my head and I thought huh, I wonder if they would be consider African American. Listen I have a 45 minute drive in the pitch dark to work. Lol. 

I’m just curious. What would your opinion be if you don’t have the facts? 

• Thumbs Down 1

8 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Not really. There was no racist overtones at all. It was a question that randomly popped into my head and I thought huh, I wonder if they would be consider African American. Listen I have a 45 minute drive in the pitch dark to work. Lol. 

I’m just curious. What would your opinion be if you don’t have the facts? 

See, I thought sure your intent was to marginalize the term African American to erode it's use in the black Afro Americans struggle here in the USA.  (seems to me if this just popped into your mind, as I believe, on a subconscious level this is likely just what you were doing) 

I do not understand this question, "What would your opinion be if you don’t have the facts?" I don't have the facts on what?  

21 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Delusional.

The opposite of delusional. There is no systemic oppression in the modern era. 

It would be like referring to Harvard and Yale as football powerhouses because they won multiple National Titles back in the 1800’s and early 1900’s. 

Yeah at one point that was true, but not for decades. Same with systemic oppression. Happened decades ago yes. Now and the last half century? Not so much 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

37 minutes ago, noonereal said:

See, I thought sure your intent was to marginalize the term African American to erode it's use in the black Afro Americans struggle here in the USA.  (seems to me if this just popped into your mind, as I believe, on a subconscious level this is likely just what you were doing) 

I do not understand this question, "What would your opinion be if you don’t have the facts?" I don't have the facts on what?  

Wow your bigotry against White African Americans is in full display. I’m asking unofficially on behalf of this community what is the proper term to call them. 

I don’t know any white African Americans so I can’t ask them. Lol. 

I want to know the proper way of identifying white Americans who were born from white African parents. 

And I was asking for your opinion on what you think they should be called if you didn’t have the fact of what they are indeed called 

• Thumbs Down 1

If you’re seriously asking... many times it depends on where in Africa the white person is from and also their European Heritage

I’ve met whites with South African heritage that refer to themselves as Afrikaner Americans and I’ve seen instances where some refer to themselves as  Berber Americans 

Ive also met whites that have parents born in Nigeria and they simply refer to themselves as white; European Americans 

I’d imagine that’s because, like African Americans, one’s  race has more to do with their genetics, as opposed to where their parents were born

l’m considered African American though my parents weren’t born in nor ever been to Africa 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

I’d imagine that’s because, like African Americans, one’s  race has more to do with their genetics, as opposed to where their parents were born

l’m considered African American though my parents weren’t born in or never been to Africa 

This is all perfectly sensible to anybody who isn't a clown.

African-American refers to black Americans whose ancestors were slaves or have been oppressed as a result of being black.

Those who ask questions as dumb as nolebull's aren't serious people.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

African-American refers to black Americans whose ancestors were slaves or have been oppressed as a result of being black 

Only to stupid idiots👍

Hope this helps 👌

btw.  CNN and the rest of the MSM keeps running that metal monolith story and waiting for you to argue the semantics,  and politifact is waiting for you to join them in admitting they are wrong too lol

🤣

🍿

13 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

This is all perfectly sensible to anybody who isn't a clown.

African-American refers to black Americans whose ancestors were slaves or have been oppressed as a result of being black.

Those who ask questions as dumb as nolebull's aren't serious people.

And the system was built for whites, so calling Blacks African American is really false if you wanna get down to the nitty gritty. Should identify as African only. 

Indigenous Indians shouldn’t classify as American Indians nor should the Africans that were kidnapped, enslaved, brutalized, whipped, shackled, raped and murdered. Enslaved for 246 years, 100 years of Jim Crow, systemic discrimination and oppression.

bgw

• Like 1