Freedom of speech ...

John Adams

19 minutes ago, John Adams said:

Today,  true subject matter,topics or facts of the past, are no longer allowed...What was deleted was honest and meaningful attempted dialogue...Gestapo deleted it...

If you want to have an honest and open discussion then you need to be honest. What different screen names did you use on this board before the latest one?. That would give the board a better idea of you motives and whether you should be taken seriously. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I saw it when you posted it and thought yep, its him trying to be sly but I just logged off and let it ride. It then got reported so I removed it. 

You capitulated to weakness...His...Don't be fearful of facts and let the post play out...Nothing was offensive and it was a true event...

2 minutes ago, Norcalnut said:

If you want to have an honest and open discussion then you need to be honest. What different screen names did you use on this board before the latest one?. That would give the board a better idea of you motives and whether you should be taken seriously. 

I will stick with John Adams..My post was one of historical fact  and should not have been dismissed because of a fearful and historically devoid creature.....John Adams.......PS I liked what you said, point taken..

13 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I saw it when you posted it and thought yep, its him trying to be sly but I just logged off and let it ride. It then got reported so I removed it. 

So. If I complain, you remove that post..How do mean sly....Come on , this is about having fun..Don't be an old fart..😃😃😃...

6 minutes ago, John Adams said:

I will stick with John Adams..My post was one of historical fact  and should not have been dismissed because of a fearful and historically devoid creature.....John Adams.......PS I liked what you said, point taken..

Nobody’s  denying that it wasn’t facts, it’s your motives behind the subject that’s suspect. Your previous history on this site has proven that your subject and discussion of said subject has no where to go but down.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Norcalnut said:

Nobody’s  denying that it wasn’t facts, it’s your motives behind the subject that’s suspect. Your previous history on this site has proven that your subject and discussion of said subject has no where to go but down.

Not if used to compare  and try to improve..Yes, iam very conservative and always have been....I have seen many changes and do not like LIBERALISM....We will talk more..

59 minutes ago, John Adams said:

You capitulated to weakness...His...Don't be fearful of facts and let the post play out...Nothing was offensive and it was a true event...

Listen you... Idk why this is continually an issue with people like you. This isn't the street corner down by your house in some gated community where everyone is just like you. 

This is actually an all inclusive and culturally diverse community where you need to use some common sense before just saying whatever it is that's burning in whatever little bit of brain you have. This isn't a history lesson type of place. Especially one where your intent was probably to try to slide by on dropping some offensive words while at the same time cheering on the policies that originally contained the language to begin with. 

Don't try to play anyone for a fool John Adams. You've been pretty well skating on the edge of this type stuff for a long time. 

I've said it before that I don't actively moderate back here, so, if something is removed its because someone reported it and I reviewed it and agreed with the reasoning of the report based upon what I previously mentioned about the community where you find yourself at the moment. 

We've been through this same exact discussion on the Varsity Board also John Adams. I'm not here to continually school you no more than the other people are here for your culturally biased history lessons. Understand? I hope so. 

Take your freedom of speech spiel down to the corner. It ain't floating here. Use some common sense and understand your audience. 

• Confused 1

I can see you're obviously confused mr. Law and order that struggles with the law and order here while chanting law and order about something else. 

Know and understand your audience. Its not that confusing. People are offended by racial slurs. Even when hiding in the guise of a history lesson from some hateful old dude on a message board. 

Listen you... Idk why this is continually an issue with people like you. This isn't the street corner down by your house in some gated community where everyone is just like you. 

This is actually an all inclusive and culturally diverse community where you need to use some common sense before just saying whatever it is that's burning in whatever little bit of brain you have. This isn't a history lesson type of place. Especially one where your intent was probably to try to slide by on dropping some offensive words while at the same time cheering on the policies that originally contained the language to begin with. 

Don't try to play anyone for a fool John Adams. You've been pretty well skating on the edge of this type stuff for a long time. 

I've said it before that I don't actively moderate back here, so, if something is removed its because someone reported it and I reviewed it and agreed with the reasoning of the report based upon what I previously mentioned about the community where you find yourself at the moment. 

We've been through this same exact discussion on the Varsity Board also John Adams. I'm not here to continually school you no more than the other people are here for your culturally biased history lessons. Understand? I hope so. 

Take your freedom of speech spiel down to the corner. It ain't floating here. Use some common sense and understand your audience. 

My gated and  exclusive community is actually replete with Liberal assholes....35% vote like me....Gotcha Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..You take yourself to seriously...Lighten up...

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I can see you're obviously confused mr. Law and order that struggles with the law and order here while chanting law and order about something else. 

Know and understand your audience. Its not that confusing. People are offended by racial slurs. Even when hiding in the guise of a history lesson from some hateful old dude on a message board. 

Your never say a word to GA96....Far worse than me.....But you know that...🤔🤔🤔

• Haha 1

Out of context....You know that too....Just  like Joe Biden...🤒🤒

You are mistaken about my having never said a word to GA96. 

As an aside, I've never seen him post a racial slur for a subject header either. 

I dont agree with a lot of his stuff anymore than I agree with a lot of your stuff. All of that is beside the point as it boils down to my receiving a report on some content here and having to use my judgement on whether to let it remain or not. 

I had already peeped it out and moved along as I'm prone to do more often than not. It was peer reviewed by other members and subsequently reported and removed. I'm failing to see the problem outside of you not understanding your audience and where the right places are to use racial slurs if there is such a place at all. Maybe in your history class in Pompano University or something professor. Not here obviously as someone balked at it. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

As an aside, I've never seen him post a racial slur for a subject header either. 

I dont agree with a lot of his stuff anymore than I agree with a lot of your stuff. All of that is beside the point as it boils down to my receiving a report on some content here and having to use my judgement on whether to let it remain or not. 

I had already peeped it out and moved along as I'm prone to do more often than not. It was peer reviewed by other members and subsequently reported and removed. I'm failing to see the problem outside of you not understanding your audience and where the right places are to use racial slurs if there is such a place at all. Maybe in your history class in Pompano University or something professor. Not here obviously as someone balked at it. 

OK🤗🤗

58 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

me and hawg have definitely exchanged words and I have been suspended as well for far less than a racial slur.

Back to the thread subject matter...freedom of speech is definitely under attack.

Many on the left say that it doesn't include "hate speech." However, Hate speech in the United States cannot be directly regulated due to the basic, human right to free speech recognized in the American Constitution. The U.S. Supreme Court has repeatedly ruled that hate speech is legally protected free speech under the First Amendment.

And besides, who gets to decide what is hate speech and what isn't? I certainly missed hearing about when Antifa was appointed to that position. 

Some like to say that free speech doesn't include "misinformation" either. They usually cite some "fact checkers" to determine what is true and what isn't. But the problem with that is that no one ever agreed to allow some leftist, drugged out child of hippies, living in grandma's basement, to make that determination.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Slotback Right said:

Back to the thread subject matter...freedom of speech is definitely under attack.

Many on the left say that it doesn't include "hate speech." However, Hate speech in the United States cannot be directly regulated due to the basic, human right to free speech recognized in the American Constitution. The U.S. Supreme Court has repeatedly ruled that hate speech is legally protected free speech under the First Amendment.

And besides, who gets to decide what is hate speech and what isn't? I certainly missed hearing about when Antifa was appointed to that position. 

Some like to say that free speech doesn't include "misinformation" either. They usually cite some "fact checkers" to determine what is true and what isn't. But the problem with that is that no one ever agreed to allow some leftist, drugged out child of hippies, living in grandma's basement, to make that determination.

Go back to your Qanon meetings. 

Free speech isn't under attack. It does at times suffer from the unique conditions applied by living in a capitalistic society, which appears to provide quite the hypocritical conundrum for conservatives. They want to be able to call a black man the N-word or in the latest case that brought up this particular thread, since you don't know, was a slur directed at Mexicans. However, while you'd like to be able to say those things, you expect to do so and not suffer the consequences as provided from a capitalistic society where suddenly your money dries up because a majority of society won't accept that from you. 

Basically it is what it is. Society is what decides. Just like in the case referenced here. John Adams chose to try giving us a history lesson from the fifties. He found out that society no longer accepts the terminology he was trying to use. 

So, as we see, you will likely always remain in the muddy water. Too confused to realize your own follies. Living in water so murky and a time from the past that society has left behind. 

You are as always, welcome to go stand down on the corner and wave your confederate flag with a sign around your neck that says I can say the N word and you can't stop me. 

Matter of fact... Why don't you head on out and do that. :D

• Haha 1