Question for everybody about playing ranked teams.

HooverOutlaw

In a perfect world, I would want Hoover to lose to Grayson and run the table by beating IMG and McGill-Toolen in the championship. However, McGill would have to be a top 25 team like they were for most of the season last year for Hoover to potentially finish in the top 10.....under of Grayson of course. 

I would want Grayson to run the table by beating Hoover and JC....and winning state again. It would look better on Grayson's part if Hoover and JC won their respective class championships. Hopefully JC can play their way into a top 25 tho.

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

In my poll, they would rise. 

This where an ELO rating system for HSFB (prominent in chess, has been tried by Nate Silver for NFL... yes that Nate Silver would be interesting).   Of course there's a need at some point to weigh the teams... but at least it's teams and not states.   Gotta be a bored math whiz out there, Pops? :)  

• Like 3

6 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Let's say Hoover starts the season ranked 45 plays a top 10 Grayson to a close loss say 27-24 would you drop Hoover for being on road and playing well.?

I'm probably over-thinking here, but...

I think it's subjective as to what the teams ranked 11 through 44 do and also the teams from 46 to 50 or so also. Right on the surface I would say, no, you don't drop Hoover, possibly even raise them and lower Grayson. However, the team ranked 50 may have played the team ranked 12 and won by 21. Obviously this presents a lot to consider in the top 50 rankings. 

30 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'm probably over-thinking here, but...

I think it's subjective as to what the teams ranked 11 through 44 do and also the teams from 46 to 50 or so also. Right on the surface I would say, no, you don't drop Hoover, possibly even raise them and lower Grayson. However, the team ranked 50 may have played the team ranked 12 and won by 21. Obviously this presents a lot to consider in the top 50 rankings. 

What if John Curtis beat Grayson by 7 points.......then John Curtis beat St Aug by 7 or less?...or loses really.

Last 4 John Curtis vs St Aug games:

2016: John Curtis 28 St Aug 26

2015: John Curtis 21 St Aug 14

2014: St Aug 15 John Curtis 13

2013: St Aug 29 John Curtis 28

Grayson is a national message forum power.

St Aug is just St  Aug. xD

6 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

What if John Curtis beat Grayson by 7 points.......then John Curtis beat St Aug by 7 or less?...or loses really.

Last 4 John Curtis vs St Aug games:

2016: John Curtis 28 St Aug 26

2015: John Curtis 21 St Aug 14

2014: St Aug 15 John Curtis 13

2013: St Aug 29 John Curtis 28

Grayson is a national message forum power.

St Aug is just St  Aug. xD

You also have to factor in that JC and St Aug are arch rivals (aren't they)? That doesn't make St Aug as good as Grayson. A good pollster would know the difference. 

7 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

You also have to factor in that JC and St Aug are arch rivals (aren't they)? That doesn't make St Aug as good as Grayson. A good pollster would know the difference. 

Rummel and Curtis are arch rivals, if you will...St Aug is just ATH as hell every year. 

Aug has a nice little RB this year (Tulane commit) among their cast.... small clip vs John Curtis last year......

http://www.hudl.com/v/20qJfU

If Aug gets some QB play they are a threat every week vs anyone.