List of coaches both college/high school that can win ANYWHERE they go?

jserralions

3 minutes ago, hardhit1 said:

One big mistake in life was when Art Model fired him 

Second not Paul’ s was when Art moved the Browns Team to Baltimore 

I heard that Art never stepped one foot into Cleveland after moving the Browns. I’m sure that any members of his family are persona non grata in OH. 

2 minutes ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

I heard that Art never stepped one foot into Cleveland after moving the Browns. I’m sure that any members of his family are persona non grata in OH. 

After he moved the Team he & his wife were booed at at a FT Lauderdale Club that he belonged 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, hardhit1 said:

His son was spending 10k a week on cigars so they say 

Art paid Andre Rison $5m and his girl burned their $1m house 

Art had some heart then but that was the last straw😩

Anyways forget Art. 

For those that don’t know Paul Brown won a few MNCs with Washington High in Massillon. Then he got a national championship with tOSU. Then he guided the Browns to 6 consecutive NFL championship appearances. Winning 3 of them. He started coaching in the 1930’s in HS and did not have a losing season until some time in the 1960’s I believe. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

Anyways forget Art. 

For those that don’t know Paul Brown won a few MNCs with Washington High in Massillon. Then he got a national championship with OSU. Then he guided the Browns to 6 consecutive NFL championship appearances. Winning 3 of them. He started coaching in the 1930’s in HS and did not have a losing season until some time in the 1960’s I believe. 

WON a few MNC's? GEEEZ dudette, Massillon Washington has NEVER, ever, ever, I mean NEVER won a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP, on the FIELD! They were VOTED in by the Ohio media! And in a fucking mill town of 30,000, they have TWO high schools! NEITHER of which plays in the top tier classification.

5 minutes ago, Old Rabid One said:

WON a few MNC's? GEEEZ dudette, Massillon Washington has NEVER, ever, ever, I mean NEVER won a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP, on the FIELD! They were VOTED in by the Ohio media! And in a fucking mill town of 30,000, they have TWO high schools! NEITHER of which plays in the top tier classification.

Valdosta and Massillon should play a home and away series. 

1 hour ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

Valdosta and Massillon should play a home and away series. 

I've already talked to one of their big boosters when I was up there in 2002, about such a series! But there appears to be major road blocks to GETRDONE! After all, Paul Brown Stadium where they play, is a hunnered years old! Apparently, no travel money to be had.

16 hours ago, Old Rabid One said:

WON a few MNC's? GEEEZ dudette, Massillon Washington has NEVER, ever, ever, I mean NEVER won a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP, on the FIELD! They were VOTED in by the Ohio media!

That’s how it was done back then. And it’s still pretty much the same today. That’s why it’s called a Mythical National Championship. 

And in a fucking mill town of 30,000, they have TWO high schools!

Steel mill towns produced some of the toughest players ever. Chuck Bednarik, George Blanda, Alan Page, etc. Come on man do some research. 

17 hours ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

Then he guided the Browns to 6 consecutive NFL championship appearances. Winning 3 of them.

Got to spend a reunion weekend with this group years ago. I think 8 Hall of Famers. Took about 5 minutes to detach my hand from Dante Lavelli's after we shook, truly "gluefingers." Otto had passed away, but his son and I shared some entertaining stories -- my dad apparently drove Paul Brown nuts.

image.thumb.png.14a231a93340d6349d5cd0a5206cf4cf.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1