Future stars for your team.

CCBlackhatter

Like everyone else here, I cannot wait for the 2017 season to kick off. This thread is for everyone to post highlights and discuss the young guys on their teams who will be impact players now and in the coming years.

Let's shed some light on some of the great youngsters around the nation.

I'll start with Daijon Edwards.

http://www.hudl.com/v/24SP7J

Nothing about this kid's film says freshman. From the start, he has shown that he can play with the big boys. This was most obvious in his performance versus AHP (begins around the 7:30 mark in the video above). I love how this kid runs: quick, agile, and finishes his runs going forward. I am excited to see how much he has progressed this off season.

• Like 3

Here are a few freshman/sophomore from DeMatha last season that should blow up this coming year...They all have Power 5 offers and played a decent amount of varsity snaps last season.

'20 RB Marshawn Lloyd http://www.hudl.com/video/3/9301619/5900e277bee0b50bf8b503f1

'19 WR DeMarcco Hellams http://www.hudl.com/profile/6661615/demarcco-hellams

'19 WR Jermaine Johnson https://www.hudl.com/profile/6994771/jermaine-johnson-jr

The RB Lloyd is special. A lot of MD/DC area football guys are anxiously waiting to see how good he really is. WR Hellams is a great athlete, but he's the brawler to WR Johnson's speed and finesse game. IMO Hellams will be an elite safety. It's hard to gauge young lineman, but DM has a few rising sophomore OL/DL's that will raise some eyebrows this season as well. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bones said:

The runnngbacks in this thread look like upperclassmen already

I was going to say that it's difficult to call the Colquitt kid a future star when he's pretty much a current star too, but, he fits the criteria for both so I didn't. 

He was probably the most explosive back for Colquitt last season also and he was a freshman. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I was going to say that it's difficult to call the Colquitt kid a future star when he's pretty much a current star too, but, he fits the criteria for both so I didn't. 

He was probably the most explosive back for Colquitt last season also and he was a freshman. 

Probably true for most of the guys featured in this thread. Maybe I should have titled the thread "Gifts that will keep on giving". Lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Guys...this is just me....BUT...from a personal standpoint...I think Leggett is gonna be the HAWG this year.

I really do.....

Rufus>>

This is what others have said also. No doubt he is good. Last year Edwards was better imo. 

A lot can change in the off season. One guy can work much harder, study film much more and become that much better. 

I like Hillie also. He just was never consistent enough. I think we are blessed at RB this season. If it's Leggett that is the Hawg, then that's awesome. 

We have Edwards for 2 more years hopefully and that is a good thing as well. 

7 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

This is what others have said also. No doubt he is good. Last year Edwards was better imo. 

A lot can change in the off season. One guy can work much harder, study film much more and become that much better. 

I like Hillie also. He just was never consistent enough. I think we are blessed at RB this season. If it's Leggett that is the Hawg, then that's awesome. 

We have Edwards for 2 more years hopefully and that is a good thing as well. 

So is it safe to say that Colquitt will be a run first team this year? Two talented RBs and the QB can run as well.

4 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Guys...this is just me....BUT...from a personal standpoint...I think Leggett is gonna be the HAWG this year.

I really do.....

Rufus>>

I expect we will see close to a 50/50 split in carries as long as the two are both healthy. We seem to use Daijon in the wildcat more, so he may get a few more touches due to this.

Either way, there will be no drop off in production when rotating them in.

1 hour ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

2018-2021 will be Georgias best years in talent. 

I hope that Pelham kid transfers to Colquitt. 

He is a good QB but damn he shouldnt be at Pelham. 

He needs to be at a larger school. 

I believe hes class of 2020 he has a few offers.  

I know FSU and Clemson are offers for him. 

Maybe you should him offer him that advice.

If Colquitt finds a QB for '18 and '19, we will no doubt be the favorites to bring home the trophy.

• Like 1