Top 100 released for MaxPreps

FootballGuy

1 minute ago, Ararar said:

I would expect Loyola to win this game.Amat isn't expected to do much with their season.Hope we get a stream because we don't get to see much of a team like Loyola Academy 

I saw Loyola a few times (on nfhsfootball.com mostly) the past 2 seasons. I was impressed every time and thought they were an underrated team. I was fairly surprised they lost to Maine South in the playoffs because they looked good last season. 

ESL was another team I liked a lot last year. They werent elite, but they were pretty dang good. That 7A 2nd round ESL vs Glenbard North game was a treat and went back and forth the entire game.

I do think Loyola beats Bishop Amat. They should probably be 14-17 point favorites right now.

Of course Im not real sure what Loyola brings back from last season. 

Bones, how many starters does Loyola bring back from that 2016 team?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Cool helmets for McDonough #35.

I think they know this is their year in 4A. MC 35 is hungry and looking for some City/State respect. They just have to make it happen every play.

NOLA.com has the MC 35 Roneagle #6 in South La......calprep's has MC 35 #14 in La.

I'm not pimping then for a national ranking though. I don't think a lot of teams can run with these guys though and probably would be scared as hell watching them get off the bus. xD

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

What is your prediction for both games?

I predict a close one at Grayson... Hoover could win it, but my prediction is Grayson by 3. 

IMG will win by at least 7. Could be by 27. 

If we can win the turnover battle or at least even and do not allow 3 tds in special teams play we can make it a tough close game. I hope it is close say early 4th and Niblett should out Coach the new Grayson Coach.  We could win close game or get hammered. 

IMG most talent in the nation. Not a good match up for Hoover or anybody.

• Like 1

Just now, HooverOutlaw said:

If we can win the turnover battle or at least even and do not allow 3 tds in special teams play we can make it a tough close game. I hope it is close say early 4th and Niblett should out Coach the new Grayson Coach.  We could win close game or get hammered. 

IMG most talent in the nation. Not a good match up for Hoover or anybody.

Pretty much the same way I see it too.

I have a bit of an irrational dislike for Grayson, so I'm going against my state in that match-up. If I was at the game, I'd sit on the Hoover side. B|

Same with IMG. Go Hoover!

Man, I hope someone can catch lightning in a bottle eventually and whip their ass., 

55 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Pretty much the same way I see it too.

I have a bit of an irrational dislike for Grayson, so I'm going against my state in that match-up. If I was at the game, I'd sit on the Hoover side. B|

Same with IMG. Go Hoover!

Man, I hope someone can catch lightning in a bottle eventually and whip their ass., 

HOOVER had 2 great WR both going to Auburn. 

Shedrick Jackson 6 ' 2 205 3 star  Bo Jackson's nephew.

George Pickens 6' 5 218 4 star

We have got to get  the ball to these guys in space. To have a chance to beat Grayson. I much rather play Grayson the first game with a new rookie Coach like we are than later. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

I saw Loyola a few times (on nfhsfootball.com mostly) the past 2 seasons. I was impressed every time and thought they were an underrated team. I was fairly surprised they lost to Maine South in the playoffs because they looked good last season. 

ESL was another team I liked a lot last year. They werent elite, but they were pretty dang good. That 7A 2nd round ESL vs Glenbard North game was a treat and went back and forth the entire game.

I do think Loyola beats Bishop Amat. They should probably be 14-17 point favorites right now.

Of course Im not real sure what Loyola brings back from last season. 

Bones, how many starters does Loyola bring back from that 2016 team?

They're usually Sr. dominated, but I'll look into it. Rarely do they return more than a handful of starters.

I didnt get to see ESL vs GBN but followed on twitter and I should have went. I was so distraught from not making the playoffs that I shut it down after week 9.

2 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

HOOVER had 2 great WR both going to Auburn. 

Shedrick Jackson 6 ' 2 205 3 star  Bo Jackson's nephew.

George Pickens 6' 5 218 4 star

We have got to get  the ball to these guys in space. To have a chance to beat Grayson. I much rather play Grayson the first game with a new rookie Coach like we are than later. 

Is that George Pickens related to Carl Pickens by chance?

I kind of think Grayson has a slow start to this season. Mainly because they arent nearly as Senior-laden as last years team. Although the JR & SR classes combined are stacked. 

Im just very undecided about this choice of HC. Grayson most certainly has the talent to go 15-0. But will they... I think DJ Irons is a pretty good QB, although not at Chase Brices level last year.

Give me Grayson 24-17 over Hoover.

Its really anyones guess who steps up this year outside of Grayson, Colquitt, & Lowndes in 7A. Where Roswell, Mill Creek, McEachern, North Gwinnett, Peachtree Ridge, Norcross, Walton, Brookwood, Parkview, South Gwinnett, Archer & Westlake end up this year... its really anyones guess.

Hell can Johns Creek make some noise with Matt Helmerich at the "Helm".

A lot of unknowns right now in 7A. I highly doubt any 2 teams will be as dominate as Grayson & Roswell were last year. But we might have a few Mill Creek/McEachern type teams.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

I kind of think Grayson has a slow start to this season. Mainly because they arent nearly as Senior-laden as last years team. Although the JR & SR classes combined are stacked. 

Im just very undecided about this choice of HC. Grayson most certainly has the talent to go 15-0. But will they... I think DJ Irons is a pretty good QB, although not at Chase Brices level last year.

Give me Grayson 24-17 over Hoover.

Its really anyones guess who steps up this year outside of Grayson, Colquitt, & Lowndes in 7A. Where Roswell, Mill Creek, McEachern, North Gwinnett, Peachtree Ridge, Norcross, Walton, Brookwood, Parkview, South Gwinnett, Archer & Westlake end up this year... its really anyones guess.

Hell can Johns Creek make some noise with Matt Helmerich at the "Helm".

A lot of unknowns right now in 7A. I highly doubt any 2 teams will be as dominate as Grayson & Roswell were last year. But we might have a few Mill Creek/McEachern type teams.

Hoover needs a non offensive td by some means.

• Like 1

Unfortunately... after doing a little research I found out Loyola Academy only brings back 1 starter on offense... Rising SR (#74) OG  Charlie Cross

They bring back 4 on defense...  a DL, an OLB, and both Safeties.... 3 rising SRs, and a rising JR.

So.. Loyola brings back 5 of 22 starters overall.

11 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Unfortunately... after doing a little research I found out Loyola Academy only brings back 1 starter on offense... Rising SR (#74) OG  Charlie Cross

They bring back 4 on defense...  a DL, an OLB, and both Safeties.... 3 rising SRs, and a rising JR.

So.. Loyola brings back 5 of 22 starters overall.

This is about normal for them. Last time they had a bunch of starters back was 2011 I think.