Trump's world....

DBP66

2 minutes ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

And you are losing more sleep over it then I am!

We got him THIS timešŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

losing sleep??...that will be the day Trump keeps me up...LOL...I'm just enjoying watching the wheels of justice turn...and they're turning...šŸ˜‰

Trump Held a Contest for Small-Dollar Donors to Have Dinner With Him. No One Won

Ā 
Ā 
William Vaillancourt
Fri, March 11, 2022, 4:58 PM
Ā 
Ā 
Donald Trump - Credit: John Raoux/AP
Ā 

Former PresidentĀ Donald TrumpĀ in recent weeks asked his supporters for money as part of a promotion to eat dinner with him in New Orleans last Saturday. The only problem was that no one actually got to eat dinner with Trump,Ā The Washington PostĀ reportedĀ Friday, citing four people familiar with the matter.

A series of email pitches to small-dollar donors offered up what any loyal Trump supporter would undoubtedly appreciate. ā€œWeā€™ll cover your flight. Weā€™ll cover your very nice hotel. Weā€™ll cover your dinner,ā€ one email read. ā€œAll you have to do is enter.ā€œ

Itā€™s unclear how much money the pitches raised for Save America PAC, the former presidentā€™s political action committee, or how many people donated. But similar contests brought in hundreds of thousands of dollars, people involved with them told theĀ Post. A Trump spokesperson chalked up the lack of a winner in this contest to an ā€œadministrative error.ā€

Ā 

ā€œPresident Trump has awarded more than 100 prizes to contest winners across America, but due to an administrative error in this individual circumstance, the contest winner was not properly notified for last weekendā€™s event in New Orleans,ā€ Taylor Budowich told theĀ Post. ā€œConsistent with the rules of the sweepstakes, a substitute prize will be awarded to the winner.ā€

Budowich didnā€™t specify what this substitute prize would be. According to Save America PAC, the value of the original prize is about $3,000.

Itā€™s certainly possible an ā€œadministrative errorā€ is responsible, but this also isnā€™t the first time this has happened. TheĀ Postā€˜s story echoesĀ a 2019 reportĀ by Popular Information which found that Trumpā€™s campaign held at least 15 online contests for a chance to win a meal with him ā€” but no one appeared to have actually done so. (Trumpā€™s communications director claimed then that ā€œpeople win the contests each time,ā€ yet didnā€™t offer proof.)

Trump shady fundraising tactics donā€™t end there. Trump and the Republican PartyĀ were forced to refundĀ millions of dollars they acquired last year through deceptive email blasts, specifically by having donors unwittingly opt in to recurring payments. The recurring donation box was pre-checked earlier this week, as well, when Save America PACĀ solicited supporters to fund a new private planeĀ for the former president.

ā€œDo you remember Trump Force One?ā€ the pitch read. ā€œBefore becoming the greatest President of all time, I traveled the Country in my plane, known as Trump Force One. I have a very important update on my plane but I need to trust that you wonā€™t share it with anyone: my team is building a BRAND NEW Trump Force One.ā€

The email blast came shortly after it was reported that Trumpā€™s plane out of New Orleans on Saturday was forced to make an emergency landing.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

Trump Held a Contest for Small-Dollar Donors to Have Dinner With Him. No One Won

Ā 
Ā 
William Vaillancourt
Fri, March 11, 2022, 4:58 PM
Ā 
Ā 
Ā 

Former PresidentĀ Donald TrumpĀ in recent weeks asked his supporters for money as part of a promotion to eat dinner with him in New Orleans last Saturday. The only problem was that no one actually got to eat dinner with Trump,Ā The Washington PostĀ reportedĀ Friday, citing four people familiar with the matter.

A series of email pitches to small-dollar donors offered up what any loyal Trump supporter would undoubtedly appreciate. ā€œWeā€™ll cover your flight. Weā€™ll cover your very nice hotel. Weā€™ll cover your dinner,ā€ one email read. ā€œAll you have to do is enter.ā€œ

Itā€™s unclear how much money the pitches raised for Save America PAC, the former presidentā€™s political action committee, or how many people donated. But similar contests brought in hundreds of thousands of dollars, people involved with them told theĀ Post. A Trump spokesperson chalked up the lack of a winner in this contest to an ā€œadministrative error.ā€

Ā 

ā€œPresident Trump has awarded more than 100 prizes to contest winners across America, but due to an administrative error in this individual circumstance, the contest winner was not properly notified for last weekendā€™s event in New Orleans,ā€ Taylor Budowich told theĀ Post. ā€œConsistent with the rules of the sweepstakes, a substitute prize will be awarded to the winner.ā€

Budowich didnā€™t specify what this substitute prize would be. According to Save America PAC, the value of the original prize is about $3,000.

Itā€™s certainly possible an ā€œadministrative errorā€ is responsible, but this also isnā€™t the first time this has happened. TheĀ Postā€˜s story echoesĀ a 2019 reportĀ by Popular Information which found that Trumpā€™s campaign held at least 15 online contests for a chance to win a meal with him ā€” but no one appeared to have actually done so. (Trumpā€™s communications director claimed then that ā€œpeople win the contests each time,ā€ yet didnā€™t offer proof.)

Trump shady fundraising tactics donā€™t end there. Trump and the Republican PartyĀ were forced to refundĀ millions of dollars they acquired last year through deceptive email blasts, specifically by having donors unwittingly opt in to recurring payments. The recurring donation box was pre-checked earlier this week, as well, when Save America PACĀ solicited supporters to fund a new private planeĀ for the former president.

ā€œDo you remember Trump Force One?ā€ the pitch read. ā€œBefore becoming the greatest President of all time, I traveled the Country in my plane, known as Trump Force One. I have a very important update on my plane but I need to trust that you wonā€™t share it with anyone: my team is building a BRAND NEW Trump Force One.ā€

The email blast came shortly after it was reported that Trumpā€™s plane out of New Orleans on Saturday was forced to make an emergency landing.

Cut and paste is back! You got him THIS time!

• Thanks 1

Poll Shows Americans Believe Trump Sympathizes with Russian Invasion

Daniel VillarrealĀ -Ā Yesterday 5:58 PM

FollowView Profile

React|743

Ā© Brendan Smialowski / AFP/Getty

Former U.S. President Donald Trump has long been criticized for his refusal to publicly oppose Russian President Vladimir Putin. Now that Putin has invaded Ukraine, more Americans believe that Trump sympathizes more Russia rather than the country it's attacking.

In late February, Trump was criticized forĀ praising Putin's justificationĀ for invading Ukraine. On March 10,Ā Trump refused to call Putin "evil" on national TV. Trump's former national security advisorĀ John BoltonĀ even said on March 9 that during Trump's presidency, Trump wasĀ "doing a lot of [Putin's] work for him"Ā by trying to remove the U.S. from the North American Treaty Organization (NATO), the Western alliance seeking to limit Russia's military expansion.

The poll's results, released Friday, found that 37 percent of respondents believe that Trump sympathizes with Russia, and only 22 percent believe that Trump sympathizes more with Ukraine.

Numerous political analysts haveĀ noted Trump's repeated praise of Putin and his reluctance to publicly criticize himĀ during Trump's 2016 election campaign and presidency.

Trump's actions may have led to 42 percent of respondents to say that, during his presidency, Trump was too friendly toward Russia. Roughly 37 percent said President Trump's approach was about right, and only five percent believed that President Trump was too hostile towards Russia.

Comparatively, 39 percent said that current PresidentĀ Joe BidenĀ is too friendly towards Russia, and 11 percent said that he is too hostile towards the country.

Putin justified his invasion of Ukraine by claiming he needed toĀ send in "peacekeepers"Ā to Ukraine's eastern regions because the Ukrainian government was committing genocide against ethnic Russians there. And soon after,Ā Trump celebrated Putin's justification for invading UkraineĀ as "genius" while speaking on a conservative radio show.

However, the poll shows that most Americans disagree with Trump's praise.

Only about 15 percent agreed with Trump's assertion of Putin's "genius." Over 67 percent disagreed with Trump's assertion. While 42 percent believed Putin wouldn't have invaded Ukraine if Trump was still in office, an equal amount felt that Russia would've invaded anyway, regardless of who was in office.

The poll was conducted by the internet-based market research firm YouGov. The pollsters interviewed a nationally representative sample of 1,000 U.S. adult citizens online between March 7 and 9. The poll's margin of error is approximately plus or minus 3 percentage points.

During his 2016 presidential campaign, Trump suggested that he was okay with Russia keeping the Ukrainian territory of Crimea, which it aggressively seized in 2014.

"You know, the people of Crimea, from what I've heard, would rather be with Russia than where they were. And you have to look at that," Trump said in a late July 2016 interview withĀ ABC's George Stephanopoulos.

"Putin's not going into Ukraine, OK, just so you understand. He's not going to go into Ukraine, all right? You can mark it down. You can put it down. You can take it anywhere you want," Trump added.

In August 2019, Trump argued that Russia should be welcomed back into the Group of Seven (G7), an international group that collaborates on economic and security policies. The group suspended Russia's membership in 2014 after Putin annexed Crimea.

Trump also supported Putin's opposition toĀ NATO, calling the organization "obsolete" and saying that the U.S. should withdraw from it because its European members didn't invest as much money into it as the United States did.

Trump repeatedly considered leaving the 30-nation alliance during his presidency. Doing so would have emboldened Russian PresidentĀ Vladimir PutinĀ and left the U.S. in a weaker position to oppose him during Russia's recent invasion into Ukraine, Bolton said.

"I think one of the reasons that Putin did not move during Trump's term in office was [that] he saw the president's hostility with NATO,"Ā Bolton said in a March 10 interview. "And to Putin's mind, it's a binary proposition: A weaker NATO is stronger Russia."

"So I think Putin saw Trump doing a lot of his work for him and thought, maybe in a second term, Trump would make good on his desire to get out of NATO, and then it would just ease Putin's path just that much more," Bolton added.

The Biden administration believes that NATO's unity has deterred Russia from further aggression in Europe.

image.png

• Haha 1