If Samples Can't Win a State Championship Today He May Never...

RedZone

No one in Texas has had more talent than Reginald Samples the last 2 decades or so.

Blame it on a Hail Mary or his teams through the years just not being well coached >>>> it all adds up to 0 State Championships.

If Duncanville stumbles today vs a beatable North Shore team (they lost this season) then I don't know what to say about it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Mmm. Serious question: since Duncanville lost, does MD national championship aspirations take a hit? I mean, if Austin Westlake wins their state championship game in dominating fashion, do they jump MD in the rankings? 

Nah. If you see the teams MD beat it’s night and day with Westlakes opponents 

15 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

So they're basically getting credit for trinity league wins. I mean, can you really count Liberty (NV) as a significant win?

Considering bosco servite DV and cen10 were all top 10 when MD beat them…

DV is the 3rd best team in Texas. Westlake’s resume is extremely sorry. Westlake is a very good team though. 

& remember, we only played Liberty because your boys at gorman didn’t want to lose in the event they were hosting. 

National championship doesn’t matter in reality. Just media recognition. The kids love it though. Hell, Collins hill was playing for the national title this week in a game featuring the #3 and #68 teams in the country 😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

lol no they wouldn’t.  Guyer stacks the box man coverage on the Wr.  Throw in blitzes and the DV QB gets rattled.  Guyer can also match DVs physicality.  (The Guyer team that played tomball and WL was pretty good) 

Tomball is horrible. Cmon man. 

No they can't. Guyer is SLC in that department,  but they didn't have to play Duncanville,  so people can say whatever they want

1 minute ago, steeler01 said:

Coming from you,  ha. A troll when it comes to discussing anything Louisiana related

I've been discussing Samples in this thread.......you are the one in every thread saying this and that team would beat this and that team.

You are so "so people can say whatever they want"

28 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Tomball is horrible. Cmon man. 

No they can't. Guyer is SLC in that department,  but they didn't have to play Duncanville,  so people can say whatever they want

No they’re not.  Dude get off DVs nut sack. Guyer has the big aggressive DL needed to slow DVs offense like SLC did in 2020.  (This Guyer team is built similar to SLC 2020 ) They also have the talent too.  Hell several teams did better than DV offensively v NS in the playoffs. They have a good defense, but their offense is not  

4 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

No they’re not.  Dude get off DVs nut sack. Guyer has the big aggressive DL needed to slow DVs offense like SLC did in 2020.  (This Guyer team is built similar to SLC 2020 ) They also have the talent too.  Hell several teams did better than DV offensively v NS in the playoffs. They have a good defense, but their offense is not  

2021 SLC was better than 2020 SLC until they got blasted by Duncanville according to you too.

We knew Guyer would be in the finals.  What they accomplished wasn't something unexpected. Just be thankful that they were in Division 2 or you'd be singing the SLC song.  

2 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

2021 SLC was better than 2020 SLC until they got blasted by Duncanville according to you too.

We knew Guyer would be in the finals.  What they accomplished wasn't something unexpected. Just be thankful that they were in Division 2 or you'd be singing the SLC song.  

It’s matchups steeler, they had a smaller DL not built to slow down SC which is why I picked DV to win.  Last year SLC had a 6’5 310 DT run stopper 

3 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

I'd give you 14 if Guyer played Duncanville.

Of course you would. You’re agenda driven and have always been. It’s obvious why you were riding DV so hard.  The reality is since JJ has left their team is beatable by other top teams.  WL, NS and Guyer this year were capable of that 

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Of course you would. You’re agenda driven and have always been. It’s obvious why you were riding DV so hard.  The reality is since JJ has left their team is beatable by other top teams.  WL, NS and Guyer this year were capable of that 

Guyer wasn't but you can say that since they were in the finals of division 2. Who predicted that before the playoffs?

4 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I predicted them in the finals, but didn’t predict their performance.  They started clicking at the right time and played to their talent 

Anyone with any clue predicted that. Guyer didn't do anything special this season nor did they exceed expectations. 

They beat Ryan 14-7 in overtime, and lost to Allen who was blown out by Carrol. Like I said,  Guyer goes division 1 and you wouldn't say anything about them.