This 5-Star is at his 10th high school

maxchoboian

From what I heard he is a very talented player.  Coaches won't care about any transferring if he helps bring W's on the court.  That's been the reality of NCAA sports for a fairly long while now, and has more recently permeated HS sports.  The pros have always been that way (Except instead of transferring it's "Off field / Off court issues").  If you can play, you will find a place on the court / field.  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

From what I heard he is a very talented player.  Coaches won't care about any transferring if he helps bring W's on the court.  That's been the reality of NCAA sports for a fairly long while now, and has more recently permeated HS sports.  The pros have always been that way (Except instead of transferring it's "Off field / Off court issues").  If you can play, you will find a place on the court / field.  

I don't doubt he's very good, but was all the school-jumping necessary, particularly across the country and back?

NY ---->FL---->NY----->NV-->AZ-->CA->CA----->VA----->CA->CA

That's a lot. Maybe it can be explained somewhat reasonably, but it has to be some kind of red flag.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ga96 said:

Of course he's a cali kids. That's all those kids know. They got recruited to teams when they start playing aau. No loyalty no pride in the hometown. Expect him to transfer in college if he doesn't get his way.

Problem is they swap AAU teams and trust their AAU coach more than their own parents or HS coach. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

I don't doubt he's very good, but was all the school-jumping necessary, particularly across the country and back?

NY ---->FL---->NY----->NV-->AZ-->CA->CA----->VA----->CA->CA

That's a lot. Maybe it can be explained somewhat reasonably, but it has to be some kind of red flag.

AAU, Twitter and evaluators are on blast 24/7…. If you ever get a chance to go to a December “showcase” you’ll know exactly what’s on the periphery driving this madness. 

It ain’t always the players. Open your mind to the bigger cancer not the symptoms. 😁😁😁

bgw

• Thanks 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

A local girl went to Hoover her entire life, in 10th grade her parents thought she should have been a starter she was not. Rare a 10th grader starts at our girls program. She gets pissed moves to Spain Park does not start mad again and moves to Helena high school.

If she stays at Hoover in 2020-2021 she is on a state title team. If she is at Hoover this year without starters getting injured Hoover should win the title again in 2021-2022. Plus the fact every senior starter for the last 5 years has gotten some kind college offer. A 11th grader got an another offer today after this ball n prep tournament.

That girl that keeps transferring still does not have an offer that I have heard of.  I bet if she stays at Hoover she has some kind of offer by now. We got 2nd teamers with offers already.

FHzXmmnWYAs8uV7.jpeg.jpg

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

AAU, Twitter and evaluators are on blast 24/7…. If you ever get a chance to go to a December “showcase” you’ll know exactly what’s on the periphery driving this madness. 

It ain’t always the players. Open your mind to the bigger cancer not the symptoms. 😁😁😁

bgw

Money Money Money. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

A local girl went to Hoover her entire life, in 10th grade her parents thought she should have been a starter she was not. Rare a 10th grader starts at our girls program. She gets pissed moves to Spain Park does not start mad again and moves to Helena high school.

If she stays at Hoover in 2020-2021 she is on a state title team. If she is at Hoover this year without starters getting injured Hoover should win the title again in 2021-2022. Plus the fact every senior starter for the last 5 years has gotten some kind college offer. A 11th grader got an another offer today after this ball n prep tournament.

That girl that keeps transferring still does not have an offer that I have heard of.  I bet if she stays at Hoover she has some kind of offer by now. We got 2nd teamers with offers already.

FHzXmmnWYAs8uV7.jpeg.jpg

Yeah, I’ve seen situations here in NY just like that.  Kid goes to a Cardinal Hayes, Bishop Loughlin, LuHi, <insert any number of NYC powerhouse basketball programs here> etc etc and doesn’t start right away.  Transfers, bounces around, and never realizes his full potential.  Happens often.  However, from what limited info I have heard about the player in this thread, is he will be more than capable of thriving at the next level.  I hate the excessive transferring as much as anyone, and his path might or might not work out, but he apparently has the talent.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

Yeah, I’ve seen situations here in NY just like that.  Kid goes to a Cardinal Hayes, Bishop Loughlin, LuHi, <insert any number of NYC powerhouse basketball programs here> etc etc and doesn’t start right away.  Transfers, bounces around, and never realizes his full potential.  Happens often.  However, from what limited info I have heard about the player in this thread, is he will be more than capable of thriving at the next level.  I hate the excessive transferring as much as anyone, and his path might or might not work out, but he apparently has the talent.  

The school this girl is at now is a very average 6A school and has played nobody and has a 6-7 record. She cost herself 2 state rings and probably some kind of offer.

Just from my own experiences i was always on the normal teams but luckily we played all the travel teams. I felt that made me a lot better in sports. Once I got to high school all the travel kids would wonder how I was so good without playing travel ball. Its something i stick by in sports. Put a kid on a team that's bad that plays great competition and he will go around those players who are on stacked teams. That's why you see so many players from the trinity league fall off when they got to college.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

Just from my own experiences i was always on the normal teams but luckily we played all the travel teams. I felt that made me a lot better in sports. Once I got to high school all the travel kids would wonder how I was so good without playing travel ball. Its something i stick by in sports. Put a kid on a team that's bad that plays great competition and he will go around those players who are on stacked teams. That's why you see so many players from the trinity league fall off when they got to college.

Not just Trinity, stacked teams in general but not in all cases. 

bgw

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HooverOutlaw said:

The school this girl is at now is a very average 6A school and has played nobody and has a 6-7 record. She cost herself 2 state rings and probably some kind of offer.

Not so fast, Speedy…..

Seen many a prospect from shit programs go to do well. 

College programs are for the most part arrogant assholes, looking for the athlete 1st, thinking they can convert or fix that player. If that doesn’t work, a recruit is coming behind that player. 

But, the Bufords and Hoover of the World in Girls BB. do get better looks for schollies. 

bgw

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Not just Trinity, stacked teams in general but not in all cases. 

bgw

I picked them because they claim to be the top of the top and their guy dj looking like a deer in the headlights tonight. You are right though the likes of img as well. 

48 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Not so fast, Speedy…..

Seen many a prospect from shit programs go to do well. 

College programs are for the most part arrogant assholes, looking for the athlete 1st, thinking they can convert or fix that player. If that doesn’t work, a recruit is coming behind that player. 

But, the Bufords and Hoover of the World in Girls BB. do get better looks for schollies. 

bgw

I agree 100% she would have had 25 coaches seeing her this week if she stayed at Hoover and played in this tournament. Our head coach has as good of contacts as anybody in the state. Our starting 5 all have some kind of offer.

• Like 1

I can not understand why anyone would care to follow players like this. Nor can I understand why any coach would want to have him on their team. He doesn't give a shit about any of the teams, and so none of the teams or their fans should give  a shit about him. Don't exploit him, simply don't offer him a spot on the team, or a penny of your money to watch him.

• Like 2