FL/GA Border War

Nolebull813

8 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

Seen nolegirl crying about this on twitter because florida doesn't have depth when it comes to good teams.

Chaminade was ranked lower than Buford at the end of the year, same with Columbus FL being ranked lower than Benedictine. 

Think about that. 2 State Georgia State Champions were ranked higher AFTER losing to 2 Florida teams. Depth. 

You think the 100th best Florida team should be able to compete with the 5th best Georgia team. That’s trolling at best and handicap at worse 

Georgians also have a skewed view of Florida "depth" because one of their historically best regions borders one of Florida's historically worst regions.

Of the 40 state championships won over the last 5 years, 23 of them (57.5%) were won by schools in just two counties in South Florida.

That includes 2020, when the vast majority of schools in those counties didn't opt-in to the playoffs, and Class 1A, which precludes schools from those counties.

3 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Georgians also have a skewed view of Florida "depth" because one of their historically best regions borders one of Florida's historically worst regions.

Of the 40 state championships won over the last 5 years, 23 of them (57.5%) were won by schools in just two counties in South Florida.

That includes 2020, when the vast majority of schools in those counties didn't opt-in to the playoffs, and Class 1A, which precludes schools from those counties.

I have it at home but I believe Dade and Broward combined all time have like a 70 percent winning percentage against all of Georgia. It’s a lot. 

Georgia has tons and tons of wins against rural, no name teams from North Florida like Hilliard and Hamilton County 

Looks like Florida is higher ranked in 4 of the 7 based on last years state rankings 

GA #215 McIntosh Co vs FL #260 W. Nass

GA # 31 Fitzgerald vs FL # 35 Mad Co

GA #45 Coffee vs FL #106 St Augustine 

GA #149 Glynn vs FL #75 Creekside

GA #51 Brunswick vs FL #28 Bolles

GA #183 Charlton Co vs FL #163 Jax UC

GA #175 Richmond Hill vs FL #52 Baker Co

• Thumbs Down 1

13 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

I have it at home but I believe Dade and Broward combined all time have like a 70 percent winning percentage against all of Georgia. It’s a lot. 

Georgia has tons and tons of wins against rural, no name teams from North Florida like Hilliard and Hamilton County 

Even when they played the better programs (Lincoln and Madison County) in the Panhandle consistently (1990s to early 2000s) they were no better than 50/50.

I think, actually, that Lincoln and Madison County combined have a winning record against Valdosta from those years.

What's more is that all of those games were played in Georgia as are about 75% of all of these kind of games. 

12 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Looks like Florida is higher ranked in 4 of the 7 based on last years state rankings 

GA #215 McIntosh Co vs FL #260 W. Nass

GA # 31 Fitzgerald vs FL # 35 Mad Co

GA #45 Coffee vs FL #106 St Augustine 

GA #149 Glynn vs FL #75 Creekside

GA #51 Brunswick vs FL #28 Bolles

GA #183 Charlton Co vs FL #163 Jax UC

GA #175 Richmond Hill vs FL #52 Baker Co

Hell of a National Event.....keep us all posted.

• Thumbs Down 1

5 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Even when they played the better programs (Lincoln and Madison County) in the Panhandle consistently (1990s to early 2000s) they were no better than 50/50.

I think, actually, that Lincoln and Madison County combined have a winning record against Valdosta from those years.

What's more is that all of those games were played in Georgia as are about 75% of all of these kind of games. 

I don’t think Valdosta or Lowndes have ever played a game in Florida