Crime is at all time high, And President Biden spends 30 million$$ worth of crack pipes to Distribute

FreeBird

50 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Would it change your mind if the person modified the gun to shoot more bullets and the gun manufacturer knew it and didn't change the design flaw, which in turn, improved sales and notoriety for that gun manufacturer... as those in the know chose that model for obvious reasons = revenue on easiest modified sold product vs. safety precaution and lost revenue/sales.  

That was basically the X's and O's of the fictional trial.   

Complete bs, it is very difficult to make an AR fully automatic. It takes a very experienced person and still the weapon isn’t designed for the heat. You don’t have a clue about what you are talking. 

55 minutes ago, Warrior said:

I believe plenty could be done. Education, mental health stipulations and many more things. Taking a certain type of gun doesn’t fix the problem dipshit, if someone wants to  shoot someone there are plenty of options. 
Why not dig into the background of these shooters and address those issues, try to find the root cause. But what do I know you’re  Finch and know everything. 

So, you are in support of background checks for gun purchases, that's reasonable.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Warrior said:

Complete bs, it is very difficult to make an AR fully automatic. It takes a very experienced person and still the weapon isn’t designed for the heat. You don’t have a clue about what you are talking. 

What I am talking about is a fictional episode.  Did you watch it?  The shooter claimed it took him 30 minutes to modify.  

Since you are clearly an expert on this subject, tell me (us) how and why what they portrayed in the episode is so needing a very experienced person.  
Thx.   You are reality vs fiction.  Share with us.  

1 hour ago, concha said:

What was the design flaw?

There are lots of semi-auto weapons on the market.

It was a fictional gun… watch from 35 min as the judge sets the tone.  Around min 40 41 or so after appellate decision it gets good.  I’m anxiously awaiting our expert gunsmith to reply on the scene where the killer shows how he modified the gun and rip it to shreds.  

17 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

What I am talking about is a fictional episode.  Did you watch it?  The shooter claimed it took him 30 minutes to modify.  

Since you are clearly an expert on this subject, tell me (us) how and why what they portrayed in the episode is so needing a very experienced person.  
Thx.   You are reality vs fiction.  Share with us.  

I play in reality, do a quick search. 

Oh, the memo given to prosecutors by a former employee was ruled out.   
The memo was proof of the fictional Rolf gun mfr opting for sales vs potential law suits by changing the gun to be less modification friendly… as it’s clearly stated that way in the internal memo.  That was pretty much the end of the prosecution’s case when the judge ruled it is not admissible (privileged info).  

Re: “How easy is it to control an AR-15 in full auto?

This question has little relevance to reality.

If someone actually has an AR-15 pattern rifle with full automatic capability, it is:

• Manufactured by Colt between 1959 and 1963 for foreign military, US Air Force, and US Army purchase. These are rare historical firearms;
  • Either purchased or self-made AR-15 pattern rifles illegally modified for select fire capability. This is far more likely than the previous option. Modifying these weapons is not as difficult as some represent it to be. On 24 April 1997, Larry Phillips, Jr. and Emil Mătăsăreanu, used a Bushmaster XM-15 and a Heckler & Koch HK-91 illegally converted to full automatic in an attempt to rob the North Hollywood Bank of America branch. 12 police officers and 8 civilians were injured. The two perpetrators both died.

There are no fully automatic AR-15 pattern rifles readily available for legal civilian purchase in the US. Since Colt began producing AR15 rifles for public retail sale in 1964, all such AR15 pattern rifles have been strictly semiautomatic.

Note: There are some who insist that there are “fully automatic AR15” rifles. What they are talking about are extremely small-lot limited production knock-offs of Colt M16 or M4 assault rifles produced by 07 FFLs with 02 SOT status strictly for the civilian range rental market. This is one range that publicly advertises such firearms for rent:

These are not AR15 platform rifles.” AR15 platform rifles strictly have semiautomatic fire control groups for retail sale to the public. These so-called “automatic AR15s" are NFA Title II firearms regulated under the National Firearms Act of 1934 and the Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986. They do not conform to the AR15 platform standard and are regulated under different laws.

Fully automatic firearms are heavily regulated by federal licensing under the National Firearms Act of 1934 (NFA), the Gun Control Act of 1968, and the Firearm Owners' Protection Act of 1986. The Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986 entirely banned the new manufacture or importation of automatic weapons for civilian use after May 19, 1986. That left roughly 175,000 registered automatic weapons in private ownership and eligible for transfer between individuals.

The transfer of such weapons is handled by the ATF's NFA branch. Basically, anyone wanting to own a fully automatic weapon needs $15,000 to over $70,000 to buy a weapon from an already licensed owner willing to sell one of theirs, plus pay a $200 federal transfer tax, plus pass a background investigation of National Agency Check with 10-point fingerprinting.

As a result, real legal automatic weapons available for civilian purchase in the US are very rare, very old (at least 34 years old), and extremely expensive collector’s items traded between the very wealthy. Their main use is investment, e.g. an Uzi appreciating 75% in 5 years and a WWII MP-40 submachine gun appreciating 10-fold in 30 years.

I have never seen a legal modern AR-15 pattern rifle with full automatic capability. I have fired the M-16A1 and the M-4A1 in full automatic, but those are military assault rifles, which any legal AR-15 pattern rifle is most definitely not.

The light caliber and recoil spring of the M-16 and M-4 make recoil in full automatic quite manageable. However, these rifles are far too light for sustained automatic fire like a machine gun. They overheat quickly. This overheating causes malfunctions in the following order: Misfeeds, cook-offs, and melting of the gas tube.

The common expectation that fully automatic AR-15 pattern rifles are readily available to citizens through legal retail channels is mistaken. This misconception needs to be confronted and refuted everywhere it is presented.

Note: The above discussion pertains to genuine automatic assault rifles with true automatic actions. Bump fire devices and trigger cranks are excluded. Such devices, contrary to popular misconceptions, are not genuine automatic actions. Such devices do not permit controlled aimed automatic firing because they do not allow proper rifle grip and stance.

56 minutes ago, Warrior said:

Why are you libs so freakin lazy and think you know everything because you saw something on the Tv or YouTube or some shit. 

Once again genius, I deferred to you for knowledge.   

I shared a fictional tv episode with a plot and you seemed to be an expert based on your bs reply to me.  

You shared some videos and links or some shit... most experts use their own words.  I like the added touch though with a few lines at the end... hopefully not plagiarized.  

Thanks again for being an expert on the subject by sharing vids and links and some shit.   

58 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Once again genius, I deferred to you for knowledge.   

I shared a fictional tv episode with a plot and you seemed to be an expert based on your bs reply to me.  

You shared some videos and links or some shit... most experts use their own words.  I like the added touch though with a few lines at the end... hopefully not plagiarized.  

Thanks again for being an expert on the subject by sharing vids and links and some shit.   

I shared my experience as well and knowledge of the AR-15. You must of skipped over. They are not easy to modify and it cost about 20k to perform and you would be at risk for a 250k fine and 10 years in prison on top of that the light weight weapon would most likely fail 1st or melt if made into a fully automatic weapon. So good luck. I’m familiar with the Skorpion, MAC-10 and the rest all are semi auto and very difficult to convert to automatic. Time, expense and expertise is needed or you’ll most likely hurt yourself. The Skorpion IMO was a POS, a ton of firing issues and unreliable why they didn’t last on the market. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

It was a fictional gun… watch from 35 min as the judge sets the tone.  Around min 40 41 or so after appellate decision it gets good.  I’m anxiously awaiting our expert gunsmith to reply on the scene where the killer shows how he modified the gun and rip it to shreds.  

So it's completely fictional? OK.  Great.

7 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

There was an interesting Law and Order episode many years back and the result you would have liked.  I'll have to see what I can dig up on that "fictional" yet quite interesting episode.   Jack McCoy's trial move to accentuate the modified gun difference between shots was intense... but the judge had the final say.  

Edit:  Full episode :)    I highly recommend viewing.  

26391731-B259-451B-8A62-AD1B54FB16F8.jpeg
Fictional “hints” above.  What were you expecting, a Road Runner Wile E Acme kit dissertation?