Crime is at all time high, And President Biden spends 30 million$$ worth of crack pipes to Distribute

FreeBird

How much credit does Giuliani deserve for fighting crime?

Violent crime in New York began falling three years before Giuliani took office in 1994, U.S. Justice Department records show. Property crime began falling four years before. The decline accelerated during his administration, but the "turnaround" he claims credit for started before him.

New York was no anomaly, but was part of a trend that saw crime fall sharply nationwide in the 1990s, particularly in big cities. The city with the best record for reducing violent crime during this period? San Francisco.

• Independent studies generally have failed to link the tactics of the Giuliani administration with the large decrease in crime rates. Rather, many criminologists believe the decline in New York, as in Chicago, San Diego, Miami and elsewhere, was the result of a complex mix of social and demographic changes, including a break in the crack cocaine epidemic, an improving economy, and increased prison terms for proven lawbreakers.

56 minutes ago, Troll said:

We already covered this ...

...and you lost.

💩

PS: NYC...

(the US's Largest)

BTW:  Rudy GIF - Rudy Movie - Discover & Share GIFs

Rudy Clap GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

💩

Rudy looked good due to the Crime Bill Clinton signed giving NYC a lot of $$ to hire cops...right place at the right time...looks like he's in the WRONG place now...🙄

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

This is utter nonsense.

The AR-15 is a street legal version of the M-16. Totally designed to mow people down.

The AR-15 is used to hunt, self-defense, competitive and recreational shooting, home security and many more applications. The gun doesn't kill anyone, people do. Does a 9mm in the hands of criminal kill someone less than an AR? They both are semi-auto weapons.

Something is wrong when we shift blame from the shooter and place it on the weapon. 

1 hour ago, Warrior said:

Are car manufacturers next? What about baseball bat manufacturers I hear they kill a lot of people. 

Sturm Ruger and Co. (RGR to my interest) bought Marlin Firearms during the bankruptcy proceedings from Remington.  

RGR was up early and when the news broke, it took a connected drop but not too extreme. 

There was an interesting Law and Order episode many years back and the result you would have liked.  I'll have to see what I can dig up on that "fictional" yet quite interesting episode.   Jack McCoy's trial move to accentuate the modified gun difference between shots was intense... but the judge had the final say.  

Edit:  Full episode :)    I highly recommend viewing.  

16 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Sturm Ruger and Co. (RGR to my interest) bought Marlin Firearms during the bankruptcy proceedings from Remington.  

RGR was up early and when the news broke, it took a connected drop but not too extreme. 

There was an interesting Law and Order episode many years back and the result you would have liked.  I'll have to see what I can dig up on that "fictional" yet quite interesting episode.   Jack McCoy's trial move to accentuate the modified gun difference between shots was intense... but the judge had the final say.  

Edit:  Full episode :)    I highly recommend viewing.  

Maybe it’s me but I hold the person pulling the trigger accountable. 

34 minutes ago, Warrior said:

Also please tell you how the difference? The M-16 is fully-auto and the AR is semi-auto. Very big difference. 

That's the street legal part, dipshit.

👇

1 hour ago, Atticus Finch said:

This is utter nonsense.

The AR-15 is a street legal version of the M-16. Totally designed to mow people down.

20 minutes ago, Warrior said:

Maybe it’s me but I hold the person pulling the trigger accountable. 

Would it change your mind if the person modified the gun to shoot more bullets and the gun manufacturer knew it and didn't change the design flaw, which in turn, improved sales and notoriety for that gun manufacturer... as those in the know chose that model for obvious reasons = revenue on easiest modified sold product vs. safety precaution and lost revenue/sales.  

That was basically the X's and O's of the fictional trial.   

• Haha 1

The AR-15 is semi-automatic and uses a small, essentially varmint caliber round.

The .223 is much less powerful than the typical battle rifle rounds that preceded it such as the .308 (and its military near twin the 7.62x51 NATO) and the 30-06.

The main attraction behind the .223 (and military and slightly more powerful 5.56x45 near twin) is that soldiers could carry many more rounds into battle - which was especially attractive in the jungles of Vietnam. The bullets are actually much less deadly than the aforementioned .30 caliber rounds used in the M-14, for example, which are about 2x as powerful. 

Another difference between the AR-15 and the M16 is that the vast majority of AR-15 rifles use short barrels that actually reduce the deadliness of the .223/5.56 round.  The military rounds were designed to be fired from the 20" barrel of the M16, allowing for a velocity that caused the bullet to shatter on impact (turning it into almost a tiny shotgun round). Most AR-15s sold today only have 16" barrels.

30 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

You are also interested in making sure nothing ever gets done.

So it suits you to blame the dead shooter.

It costs you nothing.

I believe plenty could be done. Education, mental health stipulations and many more things. Taking a certain type of gun doesn’t fix the problem dipshit, if someone wants to  shoot someone there are plenty of options. 
Why not dig into the background of these shooters and address those issues, try to find the root cause. But what do I know you’re  Finch and know everything. 

17 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Would it change your mind if the person modified the gun to shoot more bullets and the gun manufacturer knew it and didn't change the design flaw, which in turn, improved sales and notoriety for that gun manufacturer... as those in the know chose that model for obvious reasons = revenue on easiest modified sold product vs. safety precaution and lost revenue/sales.  

That was basically the X's and O's of the fictional trial.   

What was the design flaw?

There are lots of semi-auto weapons on the market.

• Like 1