Former Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe gunned down while giving speech.

SeaShells21

47 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

China contrils so much trade influence... 

I cant name one thing in my home thats not china made...  outside of the TV and the Playstation... both of those are Japanese.... 

But the Fridge is Chinese

The stove is made in China

Parts in my car are probably made in China  

I’m amazed at the number of people that think that made in China means low quality, cheap etc.  I recall a time when the first Japanese cars came to the US.  They were cheaply made, rusted out like nobody’s business.  My brother used to use a blow dryer on the distributor cap of his Datsun to get it stated on rainy days.  Then, Japan went through their quality revolution and we all saw how that transformed the auto industry.  Remember K cars?  
China is going through their quality revolution now.  The plant where BMW (and others) have motorcycle engines produced is as world class as it gets.  For now, they’re content to make a buck producing stuff for profit driven western countries.  They’ll reinvest much of that money into advancing their own ability to innovate, not just make.  You can already buy pretty decent complete Chinese designed and produced motorcycles for less than many guys spend throwing chrome bits on already overpriced underperforming Harley’s. 

3 hours ago, On2whls said:

I’m pretty sure our infrastructure bill has similar stuff in it😉

You're right 2wheels, and I'm dating Rihanna.....  :)

Seriously though, that would be great, but our country's current disfunction at most everything makes it highly unlikely anything of the sort will be accomplished. I can't see the latest proposals resembling a modern version of our great 1950's era interstate highway and bridge program. To much infighting, individual state greed, kickbacks, corrupt bloated contracts, delays, mishaps, accidents, cost overruns, different priorities with changing administrations, and any number of unseen "F" ups. Unlike China we have to many Chefs in the kitchen, ego's to pacify, votes to garner, and hands to grease ($$$). Our government doesn't do infrastructure well or much of anything efficiently. It took five years, from start to finish, to complete the Hoover Dam in 1936. No way in hell could our government duplicate that feat in today's world.  

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Bormio said:

The future will never be in China - until its people are free

Always an A-hole to make it political. Chinese bridges and highways was just an example of efficient and modern government construction projects, nothing more. Certainly Germany, Japan, Switzerland, Sweden, and others, one could look at their passenger rail travel as burying and embarrassing anything America has done with its rail system in over one hundred years. 

One day, hopefully, all Chinese citizens will be able to purchase AK-47's and the like, and be on their way to Freedom like we have here in the good ole USA. Chump, that's my first political statement in this thread. Don't be confused !   

4 hours ago, dan in daytona said:

Always an A-hole to make it political. Chinese bridges and highways was just an example of efficient and modern government construction projects, nothing more. Certainly Germany, Japan, Switzerland, Sweden, and others, one could look at their passenger rail travel as burying and embarrassing anything America has done with its rail system in over one hundred years. 

One day, hopefully, all Chinese citizens will be able to purchase AK-47's and the like, and be on their way to Freedom like we have here in the good ole USA. Chump, that's my first political statement in this thread. Don't be confused !   

The American Rail system is extremely underdeveloped and underutilized... 

I applaud Amtrak for being around as long as they have... 

Theres alot of stuff we take for granted that needs to be upgraded... 

4 hours ago, dan in daytona said:

You try killing feral hogs with a pistol, , there is a need for that type of gun

6 hours ago, FreeBird said:

You try killing feral hogs with a pistol, , there is a need for that type of gun

Speaking of hogs, the largest I ever saw were in Grafenwoehr, Germany at the US Army live fire training area in Bavaria. Since 1946 the American military has trained there. And typical of all young soldiers, everywhere, we too were on the messy, sloppy side when finishing up on our field rations (meals). We would throw what was left down the hillside. At dusk we heard noises down the 20-25' hill.  Taking a look we saw about a dozen huge hairy beast, many with tusk, rooting through our garbage and that of previous GI's. Scary thing was our little 8x8 forward observer block building didn't have a door and it was getting dark and the four of us were spending the night there. The driver and the Sarge slept in the jeep. My fellow private and I barricaded the door opening with anything available, back packs, a surveying theodolite with case, a gas can, a night scope, and a couple tree branches. I don't no about my partner but I didn't sleep more then a few minutes all night. Can't remember ever being so happy to see the sun come up.       

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dan in daytona said:

Speaking of hogs, the largest I ever saw were in Grafenwoehr, Germany at the US Army live fire training area in Bavaria. Since 1946 the American military has trained there. And typical of all young soldiers, everywhere, we too were on the messy, sloppy side when finishing up on our field rations (meals). We would throw what was left down the hillside. At dusk we heard noises down the 20-25' hill.  Taking a look we saw about a dozen huge hairy beast, many with tusk, rooting through our garbage and that of previous GI's. Scary thing was our little 8x8 forward observer block building didn't have a door and it was getting dark and the four of us were spending the night there. The driver and the Sarge slept in the jeep. My fellow private and I barricaded the door opening with anything available, back packs, a surveying theodolite with case, a gas can, a night scope, and a couple tree branches. I don't no about my partner but I didn't sleep more then a few minutes all night. Can't remember ever being so happy to see the sun come up.       

Pussy

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, dan in daytona said:

Animals are smart they can track a food source quick... 

It wouldnt have been long before the Old Porkies figured out that food came from up yonder on the hill 

• Like 2

On 7/12/2022 at 12:38 AM, dan in daytona said:

What countries have you visited and for what?