Pick em 2022

Cossacks

9 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

I feel like IMG always plays a weird game.

So much talent, so little actual good football being played.

Yeah Central had a very nice drive first possession to take the lead 6-0 (can't make FGs, but kicking out of the endzone and surprisingly excellent punting made this W possibe IMO) 

IMG took all momentum after that but second half didn't really get the O going lots of sacks on attempted passes.    Central got in a score with a few deep prayers and tied it with a 2pt.     Game winner came on a pick 6 which technically the Central DB dropped the ball in celebration before the endzone (refs missed it lol)  

Why IMG tried to air it out is beyond me but maybe they were beat up?    I feel like I only saw one IMG RB all game (beast).   Anyways so happy for the Rockets!   

• dntn31 unpinned this topic
  • 10 months later...
On 8/2/2022 at 11:12 AM, Cossacks said:

Alright we are in August so time to get ready for pick-ems. Same as last few years it will be a “confidence” pick em. It will be 10 games each week and you assign a point for each game depending your confidence level of that pick. 10 being the highest and 1 your lowest and least confident pick. Should be 55 points available each week.

I am hoping @dntn31will be back as scorekeeper. Huge asset and my schedule this year will be hectic in the fall so I can use all the help. On that note, there’s been talk of a “pay in” for a little $$ pick em. I’m good with that, but honestly can’t say I will have the time to be a bookeper and run that on the side. If someone else wants to do that I’d be in, but I cannot commit to running that end of it.

Its the same as before always looking for competitive known level games. OOS takes care a lot of the first month on that and I try to vary the states so it’s not just TX/GA/CA etc. And yeah I will try to throw in some non traditional power states if there’s a big in state game for them and give them a little shine (some of you dolts might not only need to do a little Google research on the teams, but also a globe, a little geography refresher ain’t gonna kill anyone). 

With that in mind use this thread to start posting some good first week match ups you guys want to see. Put the teams, date, location etc. Can only go with 10 each week. I will try to get games posted on Sunday or Monday’s so you have time to research. Hopefully We are done with Covid cancellations and also keep in mind weather and environmental factors. Florida and the south east that means hurricanes out west that’s probably going to be fires it’s just the way it is.

Bumps