11/20

WCAC Capital Division Final: SJC 7 DeMatha 3

WCAC Metro Division Final: Archbishop Carroll 46 Paul VI 28

and some 8-man championship scores from last week 

Keystone State League: Maryland School for the Deaf 46 Perkiomen School 18

VISFL Division I: Covenant 26 Virginia Episcopal 22

VISFL Division II: Brunswick Academy 35 Blessed Sacrament-Huguenot 20

• Thanks 1

If anyone has the final stats/yardage/time of possession of this game please post them.  The loss isn’t as bad as the one several years ago to Gonzaga (46-43?) but this one hurt.  I really thought DM was the better team.  I would like to see if the stats support this.  There were also a lot of penalties.

On 11/20/2022 at 9:16 PM, BigDrop said:

If anyone has the final stats/yardage/time of possession of this game please post them.  The loss isn’t as bad as the one several years ago to Gonzaga (46-43?) but this one hurt.  I really thought DM was the better team.  I would like to see if the stats support this.  There were also a lot of penalties.

On 11/20/2022 at 9:16 PM, BigDrop said:

I agree with you that DeMatha played  better and the stats would back you up…but the better team or the better stats don’t always translate into wins…in a game dominated by the defense’s the SJC defense was very tough but the DeMatha D was even better…except for the last drive. Reminded me a lot of the 1991 WCAC championship game at Parkdale when SJC dominated most of he game but missed two short FGs and was denied twice in goal to go situations before a 50 yard slant from Tim Strachan to Reggie Funderburk produced the only score in the game and gave the Stags a 7-0 win. Eerily similar but with roles reversed.

• Like 1

11/25

Maryland (semifinals)

4A

Quince Orchard 42 Broadneck 9

4A/3A

North Point 17 Urbana 0

Arundel 6 Dundalk 0

3A

Damascus 42 River Hill 7

Oakdale 27 St. Charles 22

Virginia (regional finals/state quarterfinals)

Stone Bridge 42 Mountain View 0

Maury 55 Nansemond River 7

Green Run 50 Kempsville 8

Most larger class games in VA are on Saturday...as is the Wise-Flowers showdown in MD.