DC/MD/VA Scores

MA Fan

I was told that DeMatha scrimmaged Freedom Woodbridge this year.  Does anybody know the results?  DeMatha may have as strong of a defense this year as they have ever had.  They are 311-58 over 11 games.  The most points they have given up all year are 14 to SJC and Good Counsel (both victories).  Freedom Woodbridge  put 77 on Garfield (5 losses prior to the game) in the playoffs and is 732-64 over 11 games.

1 hour ago, BigDrop said:

I was told that DeMatha scrimmaged Freedom Woodbridge this year.  Does anybody know the results? 

Scrimmage is on NFHS but I can't handle the fake crowd noise and I don't know which players are playing anyway. In a real game at this point in the season DeMatha would be heavy favorites. IMO Highland Springs is the best team in Virginia by a good margin. Freedom is tough to judge because they have not played a good team in two months. Last year they had 610 points through 12 games and then lost 24-7 in the regional final.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, MA Fan said:

Scrimmage is on NFHS but I can't handle the fake crowd noise and I don't know which players are playing anyway. In a real game at this point in the season DeMatha would be heavy favorites. IMO Highland Springs is the best team in Virginia by a good margin. Freedom is tough to judge because they have not played a good team in two months. Last year they had 610 points through 12 games and then lost 24-7 in the regional final.

I saw all of DeMatha’s scrimmages against Westfield. (Six or seven of them).  First team to first team it wasn’t even close.  Do you know how Freedom Woodbridge was with DM for the first half under game conditions?

I no longer subscribe to recurring internet subscription services having had multiple problems of cancellation and inability to reach a human to stop automatic credit card withdrawals.  NFHS was not one of them.  I have no problem with one time charges but now refuse monthly renewals that force me to commit to recurring credit card withdrawals and claim that I can cancel.  Three negative experiences are enough.  Again, NFHS was not one of them.

I will only do one time charges-no renewals.  But, that is me.  I still want the option of eventually reaching a human on the phone to talk to.

I am old…..

11/18

IMG 27 SFA 16

MIAA A Final: Archbishop Spalding 34 Calvert Hall 10

MIAA B Final: St. Mary's-Annapolis 21 Concordia Prep 13

Virginia Playoff Scores of Note

Western Branch 28 Oscar Smith 14

Freedom-Woodbridge 70 John Champe 35

Fairfax 63 Lake Braddock 21

Highland Springs 33 Freeman 10

Stone Bridge 50 Riverbend 29

Phoebus 43 Norcom 0

Lake Taylor 27 Lafayette 20

Oscar Smith had been trending this way over much of the season but still jarring to see them eliminated so early. Fairfax was 13-43 between 2015 and Spring 2021, last year they turned it around to 9-2 and this year they are 12-0, very few players have had an impact on a program like (Penn State commit) Tony Rojas has for the Lions.

Maryland Playoff Scores of Note

Quince Orchard 21 Old Mill 6

Wise 51 Blair 7

Flowers 28 Paint Branch 6

Broadneck 39 Churchill 7

Literally no idea what class most Maryland teams are in now.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, MA Fan said:

11/18

IMG 27 SFA 16

MIAA A Final: Archbishop Spalding 34 Calvert Hall 10

MIAA B Final: St. Mary's-Annapolis 21 Concordia Prep 13

Virginia Playoff Scores of Note

Western Branch 28 Oscar Smith 14

Freedom-Woodbridge 70 John Champe 35

Fairfax 63 Lake Braddock 21

Highland Springs 33 Freeman 10

Stone Bridge 50 Riverbend 29

Phoebus 43 Norcom 0

Lake Taylor 27 Lafayette 20

Oscar Smith had been trending this way over much of the season but still jarring to see them eliminated so early. Fairfax was 13-43 between 2015 and Spring 2021, last year they turned it around to 9-2 and this year they are 12-0, very few players have had an impact on a program like (Penn State commit) Tony Rojas has for the Lions.

Maryland Playoff Scores of Note

Quince Orchard 21 Old Mill 6

Wise 51 Blair 7

Flowers 28 Paint Branch 6

Broadneck 39 Churchill 7

Literally no idea what class most Maryland teams are in now.

Thanks for all the info all year, MA. Much appreciated.

• Like 2

Oscar Smith didn't have the talent depth they were used to and their offense didn't have a clear identity in my opinion.  I agree Highland Springs is #1 in VA, but I think Maury and Stone Bridge can give them games.  Across the state, the talent seems more spread out than usual.  Nice to see Phoebus back too...they could be #2 in the state.    

12 hours ago, MoveTheChainz said:

Oscar Smith didn't have the talent depth they were used to and their offense didn't have a clear identity in my opinion.  I agree Highland Springs is #1 in VA, but I think Maury and Stone Bridge can give them games.  Across the state, the talent seems more spread out than usual.  Nice to see Phoebus back too...they could be #2 in the state.    

Freedom rolled over Stone Bridge on September 8th, 36-13.  But I believe that Freedom Woodbridge is class 6 and Highland Springs is class 5.  Freedom plays Patriot this coming weekend in the state semifinals.

Nicholas Malibu:  what do you mean by running clock?  Do you know if either team scored first team to first team?

11/19

VISAA DIvision 1 Final: Trinity Episcopal 35 Benedictine 0

VISAA Division 2 Final: North Cross 13 Atlantic Shores 0

DCIAA Stripes Division Final: Coolidge 21 Bell 6

The Post had an article about the DCIAA division split a few days ago...they need to make it easier for teams to move between divisions as the top programs in the Stripes division are clearly stronger than the weaker programs in the Stars division at the moment.

8 minutes ago, OldTerrapin said:

20 bucks!  I'll wait for @MA Fan to post results. lol 

I’ll be following scorestream, unless the Giants lose to the Lions… then I may take a 😴 and dream the Giants had a playoff shot.  😂 
Hutchinson has a pick in the game.  He dropped back in coverage and perfectly timed a crossing route.  Jones didn’t see him for sure.  Nice play.  
Funny seeing both the Giants and Jets tv coverage in South FL.  Records aren’t too shabby, getting national attn.  

1191C2E8-2476-4FB3-B27C-A1D6EE12B7C0.png

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

I’ll be following scorestream, unless the Giants lose to the Lions… then I may take a 😴 and dream the Giants had a playoff shot.  😂 
Hutchinson has a pick in the game.  He dropped back in coverage and perfectly timed a crossing route.  Jones didn’t see him for sure.  Nice play.  
Funny seeing both the Giants and Jets tv coverage in South FL.  Records aren’t too shabby, getting national attn.  

1191C2E8-2476-4FB3-B27C-A1D6EE12B7C0.png

Giants got spanked by Detroit and the Jets were tied at 3 with the Pats and just gave up an 84 yard punt return TD, leaving the Jets with 5 secs on the clock.  DBP and BC will look better than the Giants did today at the stadium next week, no doubt.  

Irony:

I am watching on a 21 inch desktop monitor along with my IPhone.  Our. 55” Sony will not allow me to log in on First Amendment’s website because it’s browser will not allow it.

I have never had this problem before when the games were free and I could watch them through Youtube.