Ken Burns series PBS US & The Holocaust

golfaddict1

6 minutes ago, concha said:

Here's an interesting question:

If Biden hasn't sent migrants to his home state of Delaware... well... WHY NOT?

NIMBY for brown people in Biden's state?

Sounds... RACIST....

no shortage of undocumented brown people here.. 50k+ and counting.  I ain't complaining though their cash is still green.. lol

11 hours ago, concha said:

The matter at hand is not "political stunt". It is the question of it being authoritarian or not and reasonably meriting inclusion in a discussion about THE MASS MURDER OF 6 MILLION JEWS AND OTHER MINORITIES AT THE HAND OF THE NAZIS.

A political stunt involving sending people to a self-declared sanctuary state (that claims to welcome them but actually locks them up on an army base) is an authoritarian act by DeSantis the Bad Guy? Riiiiiiight... The government that ignored national law by not controlling the border and the sanctuary state that locks them up in a government military facility are NOT the authoritarian ones? 👍

I read English pretty well, and the following definition appears to apply to the current national government and the supposed sanctuary state:

au·thor·i·tar·i·an
/əˌTHôrəˈterēən/

adjective
favoring or enforcing strict obedience to authority, especially that of the government, at the expense of personal freedom.

See the government (versus law) part? And personal freedom (supposedly available in a sanctuary state, but they got locked up in a government base)?

The real "stunt" was CNN and Burns colluding to do a bullshit political drive-by.

Authoritarian gov’t sure.  Biden bad man.  

Would this be considered Authoritarian?  

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/19-states-enacted-voting-restrictions-2021-rcna8342

The yahoo video was a a look at what happened today in the news question, with the CNN host defining the theme and parallel and Burns understood the question and answered it, plain and simple.  

5 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Authoritarian gov’t sure.  Biden bad man.  

Would this be considered Authoritarian?  

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/19-states-enacted-voting-restrictions-2021-rcna8342

The yahoo video was a a look at what happened today in the news question, with the CNN host defining the theme and parallel and Burns understood the question and answered it, plain and simple.  

1)  You conveniently leave out the topic of discussion. The Holocaust.  It is astounding that you can watch a video that begins and ends talking about the Holocaust, but toss out a "nothing to see here" response to a network hostile to DeSantis and an interviewee hostile to him doing a drive-by right in the middle.  "Holocaust"... "DeSantis"... "Holocaust"... 🤣  And to you there is nothing questionable about attacking DeSantis for sending the people to a wealthy self-declared sanctuary location by passenger jet, when the topic being discussed involved mass incarceration of millions, packing them into cattle cars and shipping them off to be mass murdered? Jesucristo, dude... Damn.

2) What laws are preventing people from voting?

This is a tired liberal canard.

Example: South Africa requires voter ID. Mandela supported it. But the American left decries the very notion.

Everywhere people have the ability to vote early or remotely if needed and over an extended period of time.

39 minutes ago, concha said:

1)  You conveniently leave out the topic of discussion. The Holocaust.  It is astounding that you can watch a video that begins and ends talking about the Holocaust, but toss out a "nothing to see here" response to a network hostile to DeSantis and an interviewee hostile to him doing a drive-by right in the middle.  "Holocaust"... "DeSantis"... "Holocaust"... 🤣  And to you there is nothing questionable about attacking DeSantis for sending the people to a wealthy self-declared sanctuary location by passenger jet, when the topic being discussed involved mass incarceration of millions, packing them into cattle cars and shipping them off to be mass murdered? Jesucristo, dude... Damn.

Example: South Africa requires voter ID. Mandela supported it. But the American left decries the very notion.

Everywhere people have the ability to vote early or remotely if needed and over an extended period of time.

The U.S. requires ID to vote. 

Always has.

3 hours ago, concha said:

1.  The yahoo video was about the today news only.   If they touched upon The Holocaust before and/or after this video, I didn’t view it.   I didn’t omit it.  I watched the vid you shared.  Perhaps you should view it again?  

2. Vox article author can articulate the stance much better than I can.  @15yds4gibberishI’m sure can as well if he cares to.  

My family is welcome to watch the Burns documentary in my household.  They are adults and can think for themselves and make up their own minds.  Like a good friend of mine, who’s a devout conservative, but all 3 children are liberals as he calls them…Smart girls!  👍🏻    There’s hope.  

6 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

1.  The yahoo video was about the today news only.   If they touched upon The Holocaust before and/or after this video, I didn’t view it.   I didn’t omit it.  I watched the vid you shared.  Perhaps you should view it again?  

2. Vox article author can articulate the stance much better than I can.  @15yds4gibberishI’m sure can as well if he cares to.  

My family is welcome to watch the Burns documentary in my household.  They are adults and can think for themselves and make up their own minds.  Like a good friend of mine, who’s a devout conservative, but all 3 children are liberals as he calls them…Smart girls!  👍🏻    There’s hope.  

1) You mean the video embedded in the article titled:

Ken Burns Compares DeSantis’ Martha’s Vineyard Shipment of Migrants to the Holocaust: ‘Straight Out of the Authoritarian Playbook’ 

That one?

2)  You are seriously expecting me to take an article from far left Vox as a serous, nonpartisan assessment? That's hilarious.  FYI, the Yahoo article I posted is by an author who actually writes for left-wing rags.  

No real need to continue here as the very fact you read Vox tells me all I need to know about your probable ability to assess anything objectively.

👍

• Like 1

12 hours ago, concha said:

1) You mean the video embedded in the article titled:

Ken Burns Compares DeSantis’ Martha’s Vineyard Shipment of Migrants to the Holocaust: ‘Straight Out of the Authoritarian Playbook’ 

That one?

2)  You are seriously expecting me to take an article from far left Vox as a serous, nonpartisan assessment? That's hilarious.  FYI, the Yahoo article I posted is by an author who actually writes for left-wing rags.  

No real need to continue here as the very fact you read Vox tells me all I need to know about your probable ability to assess anything objectively.

👍

Burns was tossed a hanging breaking ball with the pitch called prior (his question was regarding the today act) and he connected. 

The importance of his comment in that video take vs your family rule of no watching in your household is typical Archie Bunker.   Not reading an article that well articulates Authoritarianism is so immature.  No surprise, considering your one rule household.   

Vee vill NOT watch that documentary in MY household.  😉 

My thread starter was about a FYI on a Ken Burns Documentary and that’s the way I’m finishing it.   I hope family members of other forum posters have a choice of watching or not.  👍🏻

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Burns was tossed a hanging breaking ball with the pitch called prior (his question was regarding the today act) and he connected. 

The importance of his comment in that video take vs your family rule of no watching in your household is typical Archie Bunker.   Not reading an article that well articulates Authoritarianism is so immature.  No surprise, considering your one rule household.   

Vee vill NOT watch that documentary in MY household.  😉 

My thread starter was about a FYI on a Ken Burns Documentary and that’s the way I’m finishing it.   I hope family members of other forum posters have a choice of watching or not.  👍🏻

🤣

"If you don't read and buy into the grossly left-wing partisan propaganda that I like and post, then you are a Nazi"

- golfaddict1

Hilarious.

Irony meter smashed to pieces.

🤡

6 minutes ago, concha said:

🤣

"If you don't read and buy into the grossly left-wing partisan propaganda that I like and post, then you are a Nazi"

- golfaddict1

Hilarious.

Irony meter smashed to pieces.

🤡

The Ken Burns Holocaust documentary is left wing party propaganda… got it.  👍🏻    - Concha

My point was to allow choice, not full authority, hence my Nazi joke and wink.  

But you already knew that.  

4 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

The Ken Burns Holocaust documentary is left wing party propaganda… got it.  👍🏻    - Concha

My point was to allow choice, not full authority, hence my Nazi joke and wink.  

But you already knew that.  

Ken Burns is a leftist who pulled a bullshit political drive-by and I will not reward him for it with ratings.

- concha

ga1,

You're sympathetic to Burns' politics and not bothered at all by his cheap political drive-by as a result, and are therefore happy to watch his stuff and provide him with ratings.

I'm not going to change your mind. You read Vox and find it to a worthy source of truth for fuck's sake. 🤣

Happy to move on.

2 minutes ago, concha said:

ga1,

You're sympathetic to Burns' politics and not bothered at all by his cheap political drive-by as a result, and are therefore happy to watch his stuff and provide him with ratings.

I'm not going to change your mind. You read Vox and find it to a worthy source of truth for fuck's sake. 🤣

Happy to move on.

What a worthwhile read.  

Yes, I’ll focus on the documentary eventually.  You can focus on staying true to your party and not reading or watching anything from the enemy.  👍🏻

I’m happy to move on too, but you’ll keep going.  I’ve been around long enough.  

15 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

What a worthwhile read.  

Yes, I’ll focus on the documentary eventually.  You can focus on staying true to your party and not reading or watching anything from the enemy.  👍🏻

I’m happy to move on too, but you’ll keep going.  I’ve been around long enough.  

Who says I don't? Knowing your opponents arguments (such as they are) makes it easier to expose them.

I've simply stated that I won't reward a particular guy for a particular cheap political drive-by.  Not sure why you struggle with this simple point.

Have a blessed day.

27 minutes ago, concha said:

Who says I don't? Knowing your opponents arguments (such as they are) makes it easier to expose them.

I've simply stated that I won't reward a particular guy for a particular cheap political drive-by.  Not sure why you struggle with this simple point.

Have a blessed day.

Like reading the Vox article?  Sure, you’re fully transparent.  😂 

Way to gain the edge on the opponent’s authoritarian talking points presented.  👍🏻

I found it to be quite interesting reading about other countries situations/changes for example.  

Root against Perrysburg and we’ll call it a truce.   I need to make football picks.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Like reading the Vox article?  Sure, you’re fully transparent.  😂 

Way to gain the edge on the opponent’s authoritarian talking points presented.  👍🏻

I found it to be quite interesting reading about other countries situations/changes for example.  

Root against Perrysburg and we’ll call it a truce.   I need to make football picks.  

You are having a rough day with your old nemesis, Comprehension.

You provided an article by a very rag that tried to argue that the right is becoming authoritarian. I read stuff like that not infrequently.  I simply see it as bullshit arguments.  What you think that Vox article "explains" was utterly biased tripe. I actually got started reading it and had to stop due to the bias and hypocrisy. You, however, nodded thoughtfully when you read it, not stopping to ask yourself why it apparently isn't authoritarian when Democrats question election results. And why it isn't authoritarian to load a panel making an inquiry into Democrats main political opponent with nothing but people who publicly attack and loathe him?  Or why wasn't that person allowed a defense or anything resembling due process? Why were quotes cherry-picked for maximum negative effect? Why weren't witnesses called who had publicly announced that testimony taken by the panel was false?

The author is a far leftist who declares that the US constitution is "outmoded". Really? Says who? Oh, HE does.  In the sentence after where he makes this - dare I say it...- "authoritarian" declaration, he LIES outright.  He claims Pennsylvania is redder than the country as a whole. Except that Pennsylvania isn't red. There are over half-a-million more registered Democrats in the state of Pennsylvania than there are Republicans. Since 2002, the governor has been a Republican just once, for four years.

More? He addresses gerrymandering as if it is a purely Republican practice. It's comical in its bias and hypocrisy.

But to unquestioning golfaddict1, it all made pure sense and was Truth.  🤡

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, concha said:

You are having a rough day with your old nemesis, Comprehension.

You provided an article by a very rag that tried to argue that the right is becoming authoritarian. I read stuff like that not infrequently.  I simply see it as bullshit arguments.  What you think that Vox article "explains" was utterly biased tripe. I actually got started reading it and had to stop due to the bias and hypocrisy. You, however, nodded thoughtfully when you read it, not stopping to ask yourself why it apparently isn't authoritarian when Democrats question election results. And why it isn't authoritarian to load a panel making an inquiry into Democrats main political opponent with nothing but people who publicly attack and loathe him?  Or why wasn't that person allowed a defense or anything resembling due process? Why were quotes cherry-picked for maximum negative effect? Why weren't witnesses called who had publicly announced that testimony taken by the panel was false?

The author is a far leftist who declares that the US constitution is "outmoded". Really? Says who? Oh, HE does.  In the sentence after where he makes this - dare I say it...- "authoritarian" declaration, he LIES outright.  He claims Pennsylvania is redder than the country as a whole. Except that Pennsylvania isn't red. There are over half-a-million more registered Democrats in the state of Pennsylvania than there are Republicans. Since 2002, the governor has been a Republican just once, for four years.

More? He addresses gerrymandering as if it is a purely Republican practice. It's comical in its bias and hypocrisy.

But to unquestioning golfaddict1, it all made pure sense and was Truth.  🤡

Glad you read it and took notes.  

It just took your transparency hypocrisy to do it.   Baby steps.  👍🏻