Ken Burns series PBS US & The Holocaust

golfaddict1

https://www.pbs.org/kenburns/us-and-the-holocaust

FYI brethren… stumbled upon this series the other day and debating or not to watch.

I know the Cliff notes version and visited Oswiecim 3 times.  But Ken Burns is very good at his craft.  It’s thru the 2nd episode thus far I think.  Comcast/Xfinity has it for free to view fyi.  

I’ll probably give in after the Mets 30/30 and last season of Brooklyn 99, so get in line PBS.  
My wife’s grandfather escaped luckily (in-transit with other detainees) for fighting with Polish underground.  I knew him as a guy who sang a song about my name using two alcoholic spirits lol and he made rose petal wine with a cool looking setup in his apt.  

2 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

https://www.pbs.org/kenburns/us-and-the-holocaust

FYI brethren… stumbled upon this series the other day and debating or not to watch.

I know the Cliff notes version and visited Oswiecim 3 times.  But Ken Burns is very good at his craft.  It’s thru the 2nd episode thus far I think.  Comcast/Xfinity has it for free to view fyi.  

I’ll probably give in after the Mets 30/30 and last season of Brooklyn 99, so get in line PBS.  
My wife’s grandfather escaped luckily (in-transit with other detainees) for fighting with Polish underground.  I knew him as a guy who sang a song about my name using two alcoholic spirits lol and he made rose petal wine with a cool looking setup in his apt.  

Ken Burns is the guy who got on national tv and basically compared sending illegals to Martha's Vineyard with nazi treatment of the Jews.

A leftist who so cavalierly does such a thing will get zero viewership in my household.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, concha said:

Ken Burns is the guy who got on national tv and basically compared sending illegals to Martha's Vineyard with nazi treatment of the Jews.

A leftist who so cavalierly does such a thing will get zero viewership in my household.

I’ll have to read up on this guy.  Beyond the docs, all I know is the name.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

I’ll have to read up on this guy.  Beyond the docs, all I know is the name.  

I probably do not have to say this but please do read up on the guy.  If you can find anything where he compares sending immigrants to Martha's Vineyard to Nazi treatment of Jews please share it.  I have seen him, while interviewed on CNN, being led with a question clearly stating there is no equivocation but asking for any similarities.  The question is indeed relevant considering his recent series on the holocaust and the rise of fascist tendencies rising in our country.  His answer in no way compared the two but stated it was common to authoritarian treatment of fellow human beings, which is like human pawns.  I should not have to say the obvious but Concha is not an honest person.  

I'll also add it is important to pay attention to those who get angry when somebody say's that fascism is rising in our country.  It speaks volumes.   

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, World Citizen said:

I probably do not have to say this but please do read up on the guy.  If you can find anything where he compares sending immigrants to Martha's Vineyard to Nazi treatment of Jews please share it.  I have seen him, while interviewed on CNN, being led with a question clearly stating there is no equivocation but asking for any similarities.  The question is indeed relevant considering his recent series on the holocaust and the rise of fascist tendencies rising in our country.  His answer in no way compared the two but stated it was common to authoritarian treatment of fellow human beings, which is like human pawns.  I should not have to say the obvious but Concha is not an honest person.  

I'll also add it is important to pay attention to those who get angry when somebody say's that fascism is rising in our country.  It speaks volumes.   

Ahhhh... my internet piñata rears his lying head.

Ken Burns was on CNN talking about his US and the holocaust series, and leapt at the opportunity to draw parallels between DeSantis actions and authoritarian acts that are subject matter of his works. He was literally on CNN just to talk about the holocaust series. It was not even thinly veiled. Of course hearing Burns talk about the holocaust and then segway into a critique of DeSantis gave WC a [small] boner.

As regards fascism rising in our country, while the leftist press dutifully tries to claim it is on the right, in fact just the opposite is true.  For example, which side of the the aisle is weaponizing the DoJ and FBI against their political opponents? The left. Who calls parents who voice dissent at school board meetings "terrorists"? The left again. Who flexes their power by sending heavily armed men in completely overblown raids on those they disagree with politically? The left. 

WC is an unintelligent boob who requires no help leaping aboard the "Everybody I don't agree with is a Nazi" train.

Book-parody.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

Again for the thousandth time. What mode of transportation are the border states supposed to use to get these migrants to the Democrat states around the country?  What’s The best way to get them to New York in Illinois?

your "dislike" of a political party makes you somehow think,

that disseminating, enabling, and propagating what "they" endorse (and you disagree with)...

...is somehow a "good thing"

??? 🤔

PS: Funny yes, Karmatic yes, but some good thing for you ???

NOT REALLY...

BTW : Two Wrongs 2wrongs Sticker - Discover & Share GIFs - Tenor 

You can't make this shit up.

The left lets in millions of illegals to pour over the border into poor border cities and towns that can't possibly care for them all.

Biden then ships them - often in hush, hush flights sent in the dead of night - wherever he fucking wants.

But if a conservative sends a flight of just 50 illegals to a self-declared leftist sanctuary state supposedly yearning to welcome and care for them...

...The conservative is an authoritarian/fascist and the "immigrants" get locked the fuck up on a military base.

🤣

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

I’ll likely watch after the series finishes.  A few sessions of binge watching heavily medicated is the game plan, to keep my bp mellow.  

Checking in to see if you found out if Burns actually said those things lying Concha said he did.  Find it?  Not find it?  Don't care really?  

Usual idiots showed up just like I knew they would all mad and defensive about the rise in fascism in this country.  

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

Checking in to see if you found out if Burns actually said those things lying Concha said he did.  Find it?  Not find it?  Don't care really?  

Usual idiots showed up just like I knew they would all mad and defensive about the rise in fascism in this country.  

I'm very upset about the Dems weaponization of the DoJ and FBI against their political opponents. What other rising fascism is there?

And noted that you don't go into any details and avoid addressing examples of fascism by the side you fellate.

🤣

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

Nothing I reviewed changed my opinion of watching the documentary.  :) 

The don’t care really could apply also though.  If I thought about some college schools infractions and Pro athlete off the field issues, I’d probably be watching only tennis and golf… and have to follow social media for a dumb mention or stumble and then on to the next player in those sports.   

If Burns mentions Polish prisons or Poland death camps anywhere in the doc, that would piss me off and I hope they use the name Oswiecim instead of the German name that everyone knows.  

Dad and I had nice chats about Burns Baseball series years back.  That was well done.  
FYI, @I AM IRONMANbrought up an ESPN doc that aired last night.  77-78 Yanks-Dodgers period.  Looking fwd to watching it.  

19 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

The don’t care really could apply also though.  If I thought about some college schools infractions and Pro athlete off the field issues, I’d probably be watching only tennis and golf… and have to follow social media for a dumb mention or stumble and then on to the next player in those sports.   

If Burns mentions Polish prisons or Poland death camps anywhere in the doc, that would piss me off and I hope they use the name Oswiecim instead of the German name that everyone knows.  

Dad and I had nice chats about Burns Baseball series years back.  That was well done.  
FYI, @I AM IRONMANbrought up an ESPN doc that aired last night.  77-78 Yanks-Dodgers period.  Looking fwd to watching it.  

1/2 way through…so far so good….oh Billy and Reggie!

3 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Do you mean death camps that were IN Poland?  Of course they were mentioned.  Not sure why that would piss you off.  No mention of Polish prisons that I remember but that wasn't what the documentary was about.

I'll try again.  This is what I was wanting to know.   Checking in to see if you found out if Burns actually said those things lying Concha said he did.   It took me less than 5 minutes to find out he was lying, just a FYI.  

That was the only reason for my post.  Whether you happen to like or enjoy his documentaries or even like him as a person is irrelevant.  

The Yankees/Dodgers stuff is great.  

27 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

I'll try again.  This is what I was wanting to know.   Checking in to see if you found out if Burns actually said those things lying Concha said he did.   It took me less than 5 minutes to find out he was lying, just a FYI.  

That was the only reason for my post.  Whether you happen to like or enjoy his documentaries or even like him as a person is irrelevant.  

So in an interview about his Holocaust series, Burns didn't take a tee'd up CNN question about DeSantis and relate it back to the authoritarian topic being discussed?  🤣

Here's the play-by-play:

• Burns does interview on CNN to talk about the Holocaust documentary and starts off doing just that.
  • CNN left-wing propagandist tees up a DeSantis smear attack
  • Burns accepts the opportunity con gusto and drags DeSantis through the liberal fabricated mud
  • Burns ends his interview and drive-by against DeSantis by making sure he brings up the Holocaust again in his final statement.

Facts.

But WC will just continue continue with his intellectually dishonest mental diarrhea. Because he can't actually argue against me. He always loses.

WC:  "Burns did an interview about his Holocaust series and talked about the Holocaust and Nazis at the beginning and end, but in the middle he talked about DeSantis and authoritarianism but IN NO WAY DID HE RELATE DESANTIS TO WHAT HE STARTED AND ENDED THE INTERVIEW WITH".  WC is so dishonest and stupid it's hilarious. 🤣😂🤣

https://www.yahoo.com/video/ken-burns-compares-desantis-martha-150020073.html

Ken Burns Compares DeSantis’ Martha’s Vineyard Shipment of Migrants to the Holocaust: ‘Straight Out of the Authoritarian Playbook’ 

• Like 1

On 9/27/2022 at 5:39 AM, Nolebull813 said:

Again for the thousandth time. What mode of transportation are the border states supposed to use to get these migrants to the Democrat states around the country?  What’s The best way to get them to New York in Illinois?

Trump Airlines..............oh, I forgot. They were like the failing NYT, which happens to be still going.

Damn.

5 hours ago, World Citizen said:

I would have shared the same video Concha did.  I watched it twice and see nothing wrong…from the context of how the question was presented word for word to Burns and his reply with a key focal point being the gov’s political stunt.  

8 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

I would have shared the same video Concha did.  I watched it twice and see nothing wrong…from the context of how the question was presented word for word to Burns and his reply with a key focal point being the gov’s political stunt.  

So just so the class has this straight, unlike lots of folks including the liberal author of the article I posted, in your view when Burns starts and ends talking about the Nazi-instigated Holocaust, and CNN and Burns fit a DeSantis drive-by in the middle, they aren't taking a fascist/Nazi shot at DeSantis?  👍 🤣

I guess we just forget that DeSantis sent the people to very rich sanctuary state resort location whereas the sanctuary state locked them up in a military base and the actual Nazis sent folks to Auschwitz.

And when DeSantis sends illegals to a SELF-DECLARED SANCTUARY STATE it is a stunt...  But is it a stunt when the Democrat mayor of El Paso or President Biden send illegals to other states?

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, concha said:

So just so the class has this straight, unlike lots of folks including the liberal author of the article I posted, in your view when Burns starts and ends talking about the Nazi-instigated Holocaust, and CNN and Burns fit a DeSantis drive-by in the middle, they aren't taking a fascist/Nazi shot at DeSantis?  👍 🤣

I guess we just forget that DeSantis sent the people to very rich sanctuary state resort location whereas the sanctuary state locked them up in a military base and the actual Nazis sent folks to Auschwitz.

And when DeSantis sends illegals to a SELF-DECLARED SANCTUARY STATE it is a stunt...  But is it a stunt when the Democrat mayor of El Paso or President Biden send illegals to other states?

I addressed the yahoo video.  It was a political stunt, plain and simple.  

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

I addressed the yahoo video.  It was a political stunt, plain and simple.  

The matter at hand is not "political stunt". It is the question of it being authoritarian or not and reasonably meriting inclusion in a discussion about THE MASS MURDER OF 6 MILLION JEWS AND OTHER MINORITIES AT THE HAND OF THE NAZIS.

A political stunt involving sending people to a self-declared sanctuary state (that claims to welcome them but actually locks them up on an army base) is an authoritarian act by DeSantis the Bad Guy? Riiiiiiight... The government that ignored national law by not controlling the border and the sanctuary state that locks them up in a government military facility are NOT the authoritarian ones? 👍

I read English pretty well, and the following definition appears to apply to the current national government and the supposed sanctuary state:

au·thor·i·tar·i·an
/əˌTHôrəˈterēən/

adjective
favoring or enforcing strict obedience to authority, especially that of the government, at the expense of personal freedom.

See the government (versus law) part? And personal freedom (supposedly available in a sanctuary state, but they got locked up in a government base)?

The real "stunt" was CNN and Burns colluding to do a bullshit political drive-by.

• Like 1