New Polls (2016-12-05)

dntn31

USA Today's poll is absolutely sickening... you want to know why other other polls show up on this forum?  Bingo.  

Where do I start?  SJB 7, Grayson 10, East St. Louis? Middle Creek, NC?  Edna Karr, Clinton, Dutch Fork, Kimberly, WI?   Wow.     Why not throw in Camas and West Linn too?   

You should remove this poll for absurdity...  you had the best poll every week right in front of you B|

http://calpreps.com/2016/ratings/Wisconsin_all.htm    Kimberly, WI #25 in country... 

• Like 2

On 12/5/2016 at 1:08 PM, golfaddict1 said:

USA Today's poll is absolutely sickening... you want to know why other other polls show up on this forum?  Bingo.  

Where do I start?  SJB 7, Grayson 10, East St. Louis? Middle Creek, NC?  Edna Karr, Clinton, Dutch Fork, Kimberly, WI?   Wow.     Why not throw in Camas and West Linn too?   

You should remove this poll for absurdity...  you had the best poll every week right in front of you B|

http://calpreps.com/2016/ratings/Wisconsin_all.htm    Kimberly, WI #25 in country... 

It's funny the polls that show up here too....

Thing is, stomach distress or not, the poll of record is indeed USAToday and the one's that show up here, at best, are interesting to review. 

I will ask however, what's the big deal with SJB 7, Grayson 10?

I too think they may be a bit stronger but when you consider their are 16,000 teams and millions of opinions, it seems like USA Today, you and I all agree.

1 hour ago, noonereal said:

It's funny the polls that show up here too....

Thing is, stomach distress or not, the poll of record is indeed USAToday and the one's that show up here, at best, are interesting to review. 

I will ask however, what's the big deal with SJB 7, Grayson 10?

I too think they may be a bit stronger but when you consider their are 16,000 teams and millions of opinions, it seems like USA Today, you and I all agree.

This poll had McGill-Tooken 5th heading into the game vs Hoover.   Jim Halley must have some serious medicinal inventory.  

Middle Creek, NC.  Give me NJ schools who best that team, then add MD/DE area, continue to PA... now enter OH, followed by TX,CA,GA and FL.  Are they still top 25?  Union OK would kick their ass.  It's just an asinine poll now.  

I get he wants to attract other areas but c'mon man!  (ESPN style).  

This is a one person train wreck.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

I'm starting to like the HSFB America poll more and more.

Also a computer algorithm. 

It has had Gorman at number 1 all year. 

And MD is currently ranked at 13 in this poll. 

I think it's a good poll. 

Don't like it because it has your team at 1 though. LOL

It has some weird rankings in there early on but it seems to sort out well enough as the season starts getting closer to the end. 

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think it's a good poll. 

Don't like it because it has your team at 1 though. LOL

It has some weird rankings in there early on but it seems to sort out well enough as the season starts getting closer to the end. 

It seems to be slipping though. Last year you thought it was the absolute best poll! ?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Connman said:

It seems to be slipping though. Last year you thought it was the absolute best poll! ?

HA.

I really did think it had the best finish last season.

I feel like that is possible again this season as well. 

Right now there is still some head scratchers in the top 25 there. 

Not sure I would have Allen at 4 yet. Cass Tech, PC, St. X and Hoover are all probably not top 25ish, but the algorithm isn't finished yet, so we'll see how it ends. 

13 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

This poll had McGill-Tooken 5th heading into the game vs Hoover.   Jim Halley must have some serious medicinal inventory.  

Middle Creek, NC.  Give me NJ schools who best that team, then add MD/DE area, continue to PA... now enter OH, followed by TX,CA,GA and FL.  Are they still top 25?  Union OK would kick their ass.  It's just an asinine poll now.  

I get he wants to attract other areas but c'mon man!  (ESPN style).  

This is a one person train wreck.  

LOL on McGill-Tooken... also on Hoover  frankly. 

I just can't get upset about opinion unless it's sold as fact. 

and like I said, I tend to think in macro and then #11 or #3 is almost identical with a 16,000 pool. 

1 hour ago, noonereal said:

LOL on McGill-Tooken... also on Hoover  frankly. 

Maxpreps said that Hoover's big 17-7 win over McGill-Toolen had forced their way into the top 25.

It's a joke.

13 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

http://usatodayhss.com/rankings/computer/boys/football/US/2016/1

Looked promising through 7, then a computer virus or Twilight Zone episode began... 

it's just a national circulation glitch ;)

all polls suffer some virus mimicking maladies

What surprised me is typically the healthiest poll, Prep Nation, appears to be the most symptomatic. WTF is up with Jamie? 

32 minutes ago, noonereal said:

it's just a national circulation glitch ;)

all polls suffer some virus mimicking maladies

What surprised me is typically the healthiest poll, Prep Nation, appears to be the most symptomatic. WTF is up with Jamie? 

I think he is feeling the pinch of "lakoclickitis" and making a lude and lascivious attempt at creating some discussion and click-bait. 

It worked. Earned a click from South Georgia. Quickly exited stage left when he didn't even have 1 and 2 correct in Georgia. Regardless of how he ranks them nationally, if they aren't even in the correct position in relation to each other... 

Of course, they are lumped together so tomato-tomahto, he has an out after Saturday night.

17 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think he is feeling the pinch of "lakoclickitis" and making a lude and lascivious attempt at creating some discussion and click-bait. 

It worked. Earned a click from South Georgia. Quickly exited stage left when he didn't even have 1 and 2 correct in Georgia. Regardless of how he ranks them nationally, if they aren't even in the correct position in relation to each other... 

Of course, they are lumped together so tomato-tomahto, he has an out after Saturday night.

Jamie has always favored undefeated teams.... 

Hard to be wrong when you take this track. 

• dntn31 unpinned this topic