New Polls (2016-12-26) FINAL

dntn31

• dntn31 pinned this topic
1 hour ago, dntn31 said:

Would you mind adding just for the final rankings another 2 polls... the prepforce and massey ratings (USA Today Computer)?  Going into next season this would also differentiate your composite poll with the one that Maxpreps does.  Would be nice if you also added the forum's official top 25 in the composite next year (when that is setup).   

http://www.prepforce.com/home/front-page/prep-force-top-25-high-school-football-final-rankings-2/

http://usatodayhss.com/rankings/computer/boys/football/US/2016/1  (Massey ratings)

Would it be a p.i.t.a. to set up two additional composite polls...  max preps, USA Today, Prepnation and prepforce in one and compared to the algorithm composite poll consisting of Calpreps, Massey Ratings and HSFBA?    

1 hour ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

The Massey ratings are garbage. They list the University of San Diego HS (13-2) as the number 11 team in the nation. First of all the U of SD is Cathedral Catholic now. And secondly CC went 15-0 this year. How much more incorrect information does the Massey computer have? 

You must of read it wrong because it shows their record at 15-0. Plus the ranking isn't that out of line with 2 human polls that has them at #20 and #22. Not that big a difference.

12 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

1. Increased intra-conference parity

2. More aggressive OOS scheduling

3. All-private conference re-alignment (two years ago, the Sig6 scheduled 8 publics)

The above aspects will result in more losses across the board, thus adversely affecting national rankings. IMO the top 1-2 teams will always have 2+ losses from this point on. The others will have 4-6 annually. More teams will be better, however unsightly W/L records will make annual T100 rankings tougher to achieve. 

OK, we are making some headway here. So you expect less favorable rankings not necessarily less favorable teams. 

But still, a few years ago NJ was brilliant, absolutely brilliant in OOS games. 

another thought, Jim is right,  Just like OH and TX was down this year, maybe NJ was just down. Sure seemed that way to me. 

(BTW, I think OOS challenges can only recede is competitiveness and sheer number of contests) 

22 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The conference is stronger than ever. The talent gaps between teams 1-6 is microscopic. But because they're beating each other up each week w very few cupcakes on the schedule like in years past, the teams with 3-4+ losses will find it more difficult to gain national recognition and rankings. 

This part is true. 

having two teams in the top 50 is most defiantly a down year. You can check USA Today back to 82 and see how rare no top 25 teams is. 

I would expect NJ to have 6 ish teams from year to year in the top 100 given the consolidation of the top talent at schools, not just privates.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, noonereal said:

thank you for the acknowledgement :)

I assume TX will not be as awful in 17 as they were in 16 and I can wind down. 

ASS/U/ME  - When you assume Texas is awful any year - YOU Make ASS of yourself-  Texas is always good.  Not sure why you choose not to see it.

It would be like Texans saying Bosco is awful...They are never awful.   You have a very poor view of the reality of HS!

8 hours ago, Texasball said:

ASS/U/ME  - When you assume Texas is awful any year - YOU Make ASS of yourself-  Texas is always good.  Not sure why you choose not to see it.

It would be like Texans saying Bosco is awful...They are never awful.   You have a very poor view of the reality of HS!

Or.... people who say  "When you assume Texas is awful any year - YOU Make ASS of yourself- "               are arrogant azz's!

Bosco is awful, given past standards. Same with TX in 16.

Hope this helps!

• 1 month later...
On 12/26/2016 at 6:14 PM, golfaddict1 said:

Would you mind adding just for the final rankings another 2 polls... the prepforce and massey ratings (USA Today Computer)?  Going into next season this would also differentiate your composite poll with the one that Maxpreps does.  Would be nice if you also added the forum's official top 25 in the composite next year (when that is setup).   

http://www.prepforce.com/home/front-page/prep-force-top-25-high-school-football-final-rankings-2/

http://usatodayhss.com/rankings/computer/boys/football/US/2016/1  (Massey ratings)

Would it be a p.i.t.a. to set up two additional composite polls...  max preps, USA Today, Prepnation and prepforce in one and compared to the algorithm composite poll consisting of Calpreps, Massey Ratings and HSFBA?    

What would be nice is, if the top four teams in the country actually had to prove their rankings! Katy and Allen being #1 in past seasons, plus ANY DLS team, was a FARCE!