Corky Kell: S Forsyth vs Roswell; 5pm

ATLien12x

Mary Persons went 11-3 last year in 4A.  Lost to State Champion Cartersville in the semi finals, a game away from the Dome. They actually gave Cartersville a much better than the state runner up did. 

Lee County used to be Colquitt region w Valdosta Camden and Lowndes a few years back. Now they're with Valdosta and N Side Warner Robins in 6A. They went 8-3 last year - lost in first round of playoffs to Mays (ATL)

Lee should have the talent and depth advantage but it's game one. We'll see 

Mary Persons had a pretty strong season last year... 11-3 in 4A...a 20-19 L to a good Peach Co. team, a 26-14 L to Houston Co. in last years opening CKKC game, and their 38-17 loss to State Champ Cartersville in the semis... which is a respectable game vs C'ville.

Lee Co. was 8-3 as part of the toughest region, from top to bottom, in GA 6A. Losing to Valdosta  27-7, Northside WR 26-7, and Mays 35-22 in the playoffs.

Lee is pouring a lot into their football program trying to take that next step. Both teams are very good defensive teams...

Should be a decent game...

9 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

The coach for Lee County coached in Florida for 15 years. That's why he came to Disney for that game against a Colorado team. 

He wants a home and home vs a quality Central Florida team. Apopka, Dr Phillips, Cocoa or Mainland would be good choices 

Lee Co. never came to Disney to play a CO team... that was Tift Co. & Glynn Academy... 

I do believe Coffees HC use to coach in Florida for a while also though.

4 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Lee Co. never came to Disney to play a CO team... that was Tift Co. & Glynn Academy... 

I do believe Coffees HC use to coach in Florida for a while also though.

My fault your right. 

Dean Fabrizio, the coach for Lee Co is the guy Im talking about though. He coached here for 15 years. 

17 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

My fault your right. 

Dean Fabrizio, the coach for Lee Co is the guy Im talking about though. He coached here for 15 years. 

Whod he coach for, and how well did he do?

He turned Lee Co. around completely... they were awful when he arrived. Now they seem to be a staple in 6As Top 5-10 range.

1 minute ago, ATLien12x said:

This is sloppy. And gross :( 

Saturday hurry 

Its early in the 1st game of the season, what do you expect. This happens everywhere.

These teams are not Mill Creek/McEachern/Colquitt/Tucker/ any other big dog... but I think everyone knows that. 

According to the AJC (who really doesnt know, but is the GA poll of record) Lee Co. Is Preseason #5 in 6A, Mary Persons is Preseason #8 in 4A.

1 minute ago, ECHS05 said:

Its early in the 1st game of the season, what do you expect. This happens everywhere.

These teams are not Mill Creek/McEachern/Colquitt/Tucker/ any other big dog... but I think everyone knows that. 

According to the AJC (who really doesnt know, but is the GA poll of record) Lee Co. Is Preseason #5 in 6A, Mary Persons is Preseason #8 in 4A.

LOLOL I've watched Georgia football once or twice. I'm aware playa 

12 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Lee county defense is young this year with 4* Otis Reese being the star player on defense. 

Otis is commited to Michigan. 

Mary Persons is a loaded veteran squad. With a few 4*s and a 3*

Mary Persons returned like two starters they said on the broadcast. Coach said they're Super inexperienced hoss.