Buford vs Cartersville

FootballGuy

Bone crushing defense against high octane offense. 

Seeing both this early I give the edge to Buford because their defense is so nasty combined with the fact they can score points too. 

I feel they can slow Cartersville down a bit by sustaining drives on offense. 

Bartram Trail has a Swiss cheese defense evidenced by the combined 115 points they gave up in the last 2 games. 

Playing Buford would be like night and day. 

2 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Uh, they don't play...do they?

Buford is AAAAA...and...Cartersville is AAAA.  So they don't even play in any playoff format.

Rufus>>

I know they're in different classifications. And honestly, this whole different classification stuff is starting not to mean much.

Who do you think would win tho?

2 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Well... in 2015 Cartersville won 10-0 in the State Title.

Pretty sure Buford is better this year though... so Idk ... close one.

Buford 28-24?

You think Cartersville would only score 24? I think it would be a high scoring game. Buford wins if they pound the rock. Cartersville wins if they get the ball first.....in my opinion. 

1 minute ago, FootballGuy said:

You think Cartersville would only score 24? I think it would be a high scoring game. Buford wins if they pound the rock. Cartersville wins if they get the ball first.....in my opinion. 

Because they scored a ton on something called a Trail Bears? 

Their offense only scored 31 on Allatoona. They scored 10 on a much lesser Buford team. 20 is fair. Maybe 24 like ECHS suggested if they get that extra touchdown. 

This is Buford. This is a John ford defense.

1 minute ago, FootballGuy said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but speaking of depth.... two of Buford's running backs play/start on defense too. You don't think that's a disadvantage for Buford if they were to play Cartersville?

No because their players are better than Cartersvilles players. And they rotate many many backs. If Rico Frye could play DB/LB as well as he played RB like Buford's guys he would be out on defense not giving up 500 yards and 45 points to a team down 28 

3 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Because they scored a ton on something called a Trail Bears? 

Their offense only scored 31 on Allatoona. They scored 10 on a much lesser Buford team. 20 is fair. Maybe 24 like ECHS suggested if they get that extra touchdown. 

This is Buford. This is a John ford defense.

Nothing to do with what happened on Saturday. I've watched Cartersville the past 4 years, and I know what they're capable of on offense.

Like @ECHS05 said, Cartersville isn't the type of team to go for the jugular when they're already up by a lot (minus their championship game last year).

Yes it's a john ford defense, but realize this: this Buford defense ain't got shit on that roswell defense from last year. 

8 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

No because their players are better than Cartersvilles players. And they rotate many many backs. If Rico Frye could play DB/LB as well as he played RB like Buford's guys he would be out on defense not giving up 500 yards and 45 points to a team down 28 

1. Are you saying Buford's players are better than the Cartersville's player because they're in a higher classification or is that just a fact?

2. Come on now, Cartersville let up in that game (defensively). You don't think the score woulda been uglier if they played lights out defense like they did in the first two quarters?

20 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

I know they're in different classifications. And honestly, this whole different classification stuff is starting not to mean much.

Who do you think would win tho?

I believe...

Anybody can beat anybody when they don't actually hafta play them.

Rufus>>

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

1. Are you saying Buford's players are better than the Cartersville's player because they're in a higher classification or is that just a fact?

2. Come on now, Cartersville let up in that game (defensively). You don't think the score woulda been uglier if they played lights out defense like they did in the first two quarters?

If you were picking between rosters and coaches, you'd go with Cartersville? That surprises me. 

7 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Rufus, all I'm looking for is an answer. That's all.

I don't have one for you.  You can pick either team.  It doesn't matter.  Either way you're right.  Either way you're wrong.  You don't know who would win until the teams play.

FINAL ANSWER

Rufus>>

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ATLien12x said:

If you were picking between rosters and coaches, you'd go with Cartersville? That surprises me. 

John Ford is a better coach than Joey King? 

Don't get me wrong... I have a lot of respect for Buford and they do have a better roster than C-Ville. However, that doesn't mean that they'd beat the team that they're superior to in terms of talent. 

5 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

I don't have one for you.  You can pick either team.  It doesn't matter.  Either way you're right.  Either way you're wrong.  You don't know who would win until the teams play.

FINAL ANSWER

Rufus>>

So going off the last two meetings between the teams wouldn't accurately wouldn't reveal much, no?

4 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

John Ford is a better coach than Joey King? 

Don't get me wrong... I have a lot of respect for Buford and they do have a better roster than C-Ville. However, that doesn't mean that they'd beat the team that they're superior to in terms of talent. 

I think Rome is better than all three of them 

15 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

Buford can't stop Cartersville's passing attack! And Cartersville can't stop Buford's running attack! So I predict 0-0!O.o

I wouldn't read a lot into the Cartersville/Bartram Trail game. Have seem BT several times over the last few years. They can score big, but they give up big also. How Cartersville plays against a solid defense is still to be determined.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dan in daytona said:

I wouldn't read a lot into the Cartersville/Bartram Trail game. Have seem BT several times over the last few years. They can score big, but they give up big also. How Cartersville plays against a solid defense is still to be determined.

We'll see how they do when they play Westlake this season. They'll probably win tho.