Winners/Losers of the Wknd

Mjd33

Winners: 

Mater Dei - No St. Brown, no problem. Ended bishop gorman 55 game win streak. Score not indicative of how close it was ... MD fumbled on the 1 as well. Earned #1 team in country status 

DLS - showed heart in coming back against sjc .... looked early as game was going to be a route. Sjc qb Doyle Kept it on 3rd And goal when rb would of walked in end zone to make it 28-7. Missed fg next play after the Spartans dominated 

paramus Catholic - I guess they didn't have all their players in preseason scrimmages and at full strength punched #2 PA A Wood in the mouth on the road. Lopsided score very surprising. PC very much in the mix when I thought they would be last place in Bnu. 

American heritage - pummeled liberty NV. 2 good wins already. We don't talk about this program enough on here. 

SFA - beat bishop Sullivan by wider margin than American heritage. SFA has good shot to upset img imo. Biff poggi might have a Gilman program on steroids on his hands. 

Bergen Catholic offense - lot of weapons. Qb needs to stay healthy. Defense has some question marks though. 

Allen - held cedar hill to 8 points. Big showdown looms with Evangel C (LA)... solidified #1 spot in Texas 

sjr - dominated a very athletic Deerfield beach team. Showdown on the road in D.C. This wknd against sjc. 

St Edwards and St Ignatius - state powers look to be the teams to beat in Ohio. Iggy with a nice win over high powered offensive team in mentor 

Tier 2 California teams- chaminade nice win over state power Moutain pointe, MV nice mov against VM and Serra played Hawaii power panuha close. 

Losers: 

Don bosco - meltdown in S Carolina 

sjc - poor coaching in second half and poor conditioning 

Sanchez brothers - BG loses and unlv loses to fcs team. 

Img offense - can't run the ball 

state of AZ - saguaro, MP, and now injury ridden Chandler all trending down 

sorry limited info on losers ... have to turn off phone on flight. 

• Like 8

24 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Winners: 

Mater Dei - No St. Brown, no problem. Ended bishop gorman 55 game win streak. Score not indicative of how close it was ... MD fumbled on the 1 as well. Earned #1 team in country status 

DLS - showed heart in coming back against sjc .... looked early as game was going to be a route. Sjc qb Doyle Kept it on 3rd And goal when rb would of walked in end zone to make it 28-7. Missed fg next play after the Spartans dominated 

paramus Catholic - I guess they didn't have all their players in preseason scrimmages and at full strength punched #2 PA A Wood in the mouth on the road. Lopsided score very surprising. PC very much in the mix when I thought they would be last place in Bnu. 

American heritage - pummeled liberty NV. 2 good wins already. We don't talk about this program enough on here. 

SFA - beat bishop Sullivan by wider margin than American heritage. SFA has good shot to upset img imo. Biff poggi might have a Gilman program on steroids on his hands. 

Bergen Catholic offense - lot of weapons. Qb needs to stay healthy. Defense has some question marks though. 

Allen - held cedar hill to 8 points. Big showdown looms with Evangel C (LA)... solidified #1 spot in Texas 

sjr - dominated a very athletic Deerfield beach team. Showdown on the road in D.C. This wknd against sjc. 

St Edwards and St Ignatius - state powers look to be the teams to beat in Ohio. Iggy with a nice win over high powered offensive team in mentor 

Tier 2 California teams- chaminade nice win over state power Moutain pointe, MV nice mov against VM and Serra played Hawaii power panuha close. 

Losers: 

Good take

39 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Winners: 

Losers: 

Excellent thread.  MJD33 should start more threads.

Calif tier 2 teams proved a lot of doubters wrong this past weekend. 

I would say that St. John's should be put in the winners column.   This is a team that has been 2nd fiddle  to DeMatha, yet came to Calif and dominated the Spartans for 3 qtrs.  This is a very good team, and could run the table the rest of the year.  Definitely got IMG attention.

Good stuff.   I agree that SJC shouldn't be in the losers....but not necessarily in the winners either.  They just need more depth and this team will be alright.  Dudes just got "dragged out to the deep end" by Sparty. 

Love that you've got the Sanchez bros up there.  I wouldn't wanna be the Sanchez family dog right about nowxD

16 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Excellent thread.  MJD33 should start more threads.

Calif tier 2 teams proved a lot of doubters wrong this past weekend. 

I would say that St. John's should be put in the winners column.   This is a team that has been 2nd fiddle  to DeMatha, yet came to Calif and dominated the Spartans for 3 qtrs.  This is a very good team, and could run the table the rest of the year.  Definitely got IMG attention.

Well we will see exactly where them and SJR belong after this week

1 hour ago, Mjd33 said:

Winners: 

Losers: 

Two weeks in a row now. 

I'll be looking forward to Mjd's weekly "Winners and Losers" column. 

2 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

If they play MD similar to BG did, then ill be a believer. If they lose by 28+, no way. 

BC Will have to account for St. Brown every play when BG didn't have to..... add to the equation md other top wideout cj parks played sparingly against BG. That's how scary it is md winning like that w/o those guys. 

BC will be be facing Both on the outside. Incredibly tough matchup for bc secondary. 

Thanks MJD.  Hittin a lick two weeks in a row with this.  Good Stuff!

Please consider adding Arrar to the list of winners this week.  He penned the "drug em out to the deep water and drown em" line and I stole it and used it a couple times since, including as recently as recently as a dinner party last night, and gotten a good laugh each time.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Disagree with some saying sjc shouldn't be on losers list .... it's how they lost. If game was back and forth and lost by 4 points that's one thing .... the wheels came off the train. That's why they are included. 

You are too harsh.  If you are going to rate winners and loser based only on scoreboard, then we don't need this thread.   Well just look at the score sheet .

Most people expected SJC to lose and They impressed.

Its not how they lost, it's how they got to the point where everyone was thinking blowout 

5 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The average person in the USA wakes up at 630am and goes to bed at 11:30pm no matter where you live. To be playing a contact sport outside of those times is silly. MV, DLS and Cen10 all have taken advantage of east coast teams in this manner of late. SJR was very smart to negotiate a Saturday day game last season vs Serra. And you saw the end result. 

When and if PGL ever promotes a game whereby a westy comes East, I will make sure the game starts at noon EST and no later. That you can count on. 

I may even ask SJC to move up its game vs SJB on 9/23. Right now it's at 2pm. Should be much earlier IMO. #imdonenow

Calif teams don't seem to have any issues in Hawaii 

14 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The average person in the USA wakes up at 630am and goes to bed at 11:30pm no matter where you live. To be playing a contact sport outside of those times is silly. MV, DLS and Cen10 all have taken advantage of east coast teams in this manner of late. SJR was very smart to negotiate a Saturday day game last season vs Serra. And you saw the end result. 

When and if PGL ever promotes a game whereby a westy comes East, I 

Isn't the crowds way smaller if it's a day game over night?

21 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

When and if PGL ever promotes a game whereby a westy comes East, I will make sure the game starts at noon EST and no later. That you can count on. 

I may even ask SJC to move up its game vs SJB on 9/23. Right now it's at 2pm. Should be much earlier IMO. #imdonenow

Sorry to have to inject some scientific data to crush your hypothesis.  But the Ave. teenager goes to  bed 3 hours later than the ave. adult.

http://www.parenting.co.uk/teenagers/late-bedtimes.cfm