Texas: A good gig if you can get it.

NotBigdaddybloom

8 hours ago, Horsefly said:

No on ever said texas can't leave the state, but you are close to the reasons if you just expand a little on the finances.  They make so much at home, they don't want to give up on the revenue..it's as simple as that.  Allen makes a killing  at home. football revenue is also used to support funding for other athletic activities, so the $$ is not just hoarded away.

But they don't play 10 regular season games at home. Every team does play at least some AWAY games in which they don't receive any of the gate. So what's the hold up in traveling out-of-state every once in a while in those instances?

2 hours ago, ThunderRam said:

But they don't play 10 regular season games at home. Every team does play at least some AWAY games in which they don't receive any of the gate. So what's the hold up in traveling out-of-state every once in a while in those instances?

Allen, as an example, plays 3 predistrict games...2 of them are at home as they negotiated that deal.  The other is across town where associated costs are minimal and they get the advance ticket receipts for what they sell at school.  Allen won't make as much as if they were home, but still profit. (I've never known Allen to travel even across Texas for a non district game, they play local DFW teams.I imagine they do that to curtail travel costs) 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Allen, as an example, plays 3 predistrict games...2 of them are at home as they negotiated that deal.  The other is across town where associated costs are minimal and they get the advance ticket receipts for what they sell at school.  Allen won't make as much as if they were home, but still profit. (I've never known Allen to travel even across Texas for a non district game, they play local DFW teams.I imagine they do that to curtail travel costs) 

They have loads of cash, you telling me they would go broke doing 1 out of state game? 

Have they filled it? Almost every time. How is it oversized if they need a stadium that large?

By the way, if any good schools outside of Texas are interested in coming to Texas twice, let me know. I know San Angelo Central has a tough time getting teams in Texas to play non-district games with them because of travel and them being a good team. Easier to get those metro teams to travel when it will be an insta-win for them. San Angelo doesn't have any non-district 6A teams (outside of one that may be in their district next year) within a three hour drive. Perhaps one season an OOS team could play them in San Angelo, the next at Jerryworld or something if they don't want to hit San Angelo twice.

9 minutes ago, Shady12 said:

Have they filled it? Almost every time. How is it oversized if they need a stadium that large?

By the way, if any good schools outside of Texas are interested in coming to Texas twice, let me know. I know San Angelo Central has a tough time getting teams in Texas to play non-district games with them because of travel and them being a good team. Easier to get those metro teams to travel when it will be an insta-win for them. San Angelo doesn't have any non-district 6A teams (outside of one that may be in their district next year) within a three hour drive. Perhaps one season an OOS team could play them in San Angelo, the next at Jerryworld or something if they don't want to hit San Angelo twice.

Come to Texas twice?? 

Idk how things work in Texas but most Florida teams like home and home so they would travel but they would want the other team to return the favor the next year which truthfully is more than fair,  if i come to your house you come to mine,  what isn't fair about that 

Allen has about a 800 plus member band also, and they will need to go out of state with the team. Now try to tell the parents that they can not go out of state with the team for a game. I think most out of state posters don't get it, there is a drill team, cheerleaders that would also go. I just don't think a lot of teams really don't have all of this in the #s that TX brings ....that is why Texas is king so get used to it.

34 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Come to Texas twice?? 

Idk how things work in Texas but most Florida teams like home and home so they would travel but they would want the other team to return the favor the next year which truthfully is more than fair,  if i come to your house you come to mine,  what isn't fair about that 

I don't know if it's fair or not, but some OOS teams DO come to Texas two years in a row. If someone is willing to do it, great. If not, okay too. A few years ago a California team was going to come to San Angelo two years in a row. After getting spanked the first year they helped find another team to come the second year. But neither team was any good (scored 63 points by halftime against the second one). I don't think they'd do it again unless it was a strong team. Generally the teams seem to be willing to do it to get that Friday Night Lights experience. Both teams that came talked about that. They also set it up so that they actually went to class with the San Angelo team the day of the game. So a whole kumbaya situation going on I guess. 

46 minutes ago, Shady12 said:

I don't know if it's fair or not, but some OOS teams DO come to Texas two years in a row. If someone is willing to do it, great. If not, okay too. A few years ago a California team was going to come to San Angelo two years in a row. After getting spanked the first year they helped find another team to come the second year. But neither team was any good (scored 63 points by halftime against the second one). I don't think they'd do it again unless it was a strong team. Generally the teams seem to be willing to do it to get that Friday Night Lights experience. Both teams that came talked about that. They also set it up so that they actually went to class with the San Angelo team the day of the game. So a whole kumbaya situation going on I guess. 

Does that mean Texas would turn down any team requesting a home and home series? 

3 minutes ago, Fred said:

I know this will come as a shock but just because they choose to do something you wouldn't doesn't make them idiots.

Idk if you realize what i meant but if a team is unable to travel out of state because of administration of the state then the state has effectively cut off a lot of options for some teams looking for games 

2 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:
7 minutes ago, Fred said:

I know this will come as a shock but just because they choose to do something you wouldn't doesn't make them idiots.

Idk if you realize what i meant but if a team is unable to travel out of state because of administration of the state then the state has effectively cut off a lot of options for some teams looking for games 

And that does not make them idiots.  They have their own unique circumstances and priorities that don't agree with your.  OOS games aren't the end all for many folks like they are for a few.

9 minutes ago, Fred said:

And that does not make them idiots.  They have their own unique circumstances and priorities that don't agree with your.  OOS games aren't the end all for many folks like they are for a few.

I don't think the school are idiots i think the States administration is because yes out of state is not end all for everyone but they should be allowed to if the right situation presents itself 

2 minutes ago, Shady12 said:

No reason to go to Florida though. If teams from that far want to come to Texas, that's fine.

Home and home series should go both ways 

A lot of good schools in florida who can compete with Texas might not consider it unless it's home and home 

If Texas only will take games in Texas it might hold us casual fans back from seeing real big time matchups that we want to see 

Like STA vs Allen for example would be must watch game but i don't feel it's right that Florida teams have to always travel for these games but not even get a return trip

18 hours ago, Horsefly said:

No on ever said texas can't leave the state, but you are close to the reasons if you just expand a little on the finances.  They make so much at home, they don't want to give up on the revenue..it's as simple as that.  Allen makes a killing  at home. football revenue is also used to support funding for other athletic activities, so the $$ is not just hoarded away.

Do you know WHY they make so much at home? It's because fans LUUUUUUUUUV touchdowns! And Tejas has LITTLE to NO DEEEEEfense! It's the Arena Football League concept! 

3 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Home and home series should go both ways 

A lot of good schools in florida who can compete with Texas might not consider it unless it's home and home 

If Texas only will take games in Texas it might hold us casual fans back from seeing real big time matchups that we want to see 

Like STA vs Allen for example would be must watch game but i don't feel it's right that Florida teams have to always travel for these games but not even get a return trip

It's because you FLAAAAWDANS have SHIT fan bases! What does the state finals draw, MAAAAYBE five thousand? I went to the Georgia-FLAAAAWDA All Star game one year in Central FLAAAAWDA! And there were about 250 fans there, supporting FLAAAAWDA! Georgia had ten times that many, and most of them had had to travel 600 plus miles to the game!

17 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

I don't think the school are idiots i think the States administration is because yes out of state is not end all for everyone but they should be allowed to if the right situation presents itself 

SOOOOOOOO, Georgia is supposed to trek to Nevada, Tejas, Jersey,  or Calif., with a travel stipend of less than $15,000? We're NOT in the business of LOSING money!