Texas: A good gig if you can get it.

NotBigdaddybloom

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

So let me get this straight 

Texas can pay coaches like that and build 60m dollar stadiums 

Florida can find enough resources to travel across the country but Texas can't leave the state 

Smh 

Some state associations have travel laws... 

Indiana

Michigan 

Ohio 

Kentucky 

Etc. 

2 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Florida can find enough resources to travel across the country but Texas can't leave the state 

Smh 

No on ever said texas can't leave the state, but you are close to the reasons if you just expand a little on the finances.  They make so much at home, they don't want to give up on the revenue..it's as simple as that.  Allen makes a killing  at home. football revenue is also used to support funding for other athletic activities, so the $$ is not just hoarded away.

• Like 1

Just now, Horsefly said:

No on ever said texas can't leave the state, but you are close to the reasons if you just expand a little on the finances.  They make so much at home, they don't want to give up on the revenue..it's as simple as that.  Allen makes a killing  at home

Yeah but i doubt they will miss it by losing 1 home game and do they share the gate when they travel to other non conference schools in Texas? 

Yeah but i doubt they will miss it by losing 1 home game and do they share the gate when they travel to other non conference schools in Texas? 

I added the other part where football revenue is used to support other sports activities.  This is why you won't see the major programs with heavy followings leave the state.  Now there are others that are willing, they are the ones to be contacted.

3 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Allen vs sta would be a ESPN worthy game, they could make up the loss of some of those tickets with ESPN revenue 

Hahaha.  Do you know how much allen makes promoting their own home games?  Do the math...they charge ~$10/ticket for a home side seats about 12K plus concessions and marketing from local businesses. Its gotta be close to $140k/game!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Hahaha.  Do you know how much allen makes promoting their own home games?  Do the math...they charge ~$10/ticket for a home side seats about 12K plus concessions and marketing from local businesses. Its gotta be close to $140k/game!

Jesus that's probably more than our entire athletic program makes in a year 

And we in better shape than a lot of teams in the state 

Plus why don't Texas participate in the bowl series,  that's a televised game, they would probably make good money and exposure by participating 

Yea, we've created whole threads on this already.  I would suggest searching the archives and seeing what has already been posted on the subject.  Cheers

Plus why don't Texas participate in the bowl series,  that's a televised game, they would probably make good money and exposure by participating 

I think their finals is too close to the time. And Texas just moved their season up another week so there is no chance they play. 

Plus the champs play 16 games. No ones gonna want to play 16 games and turn around and play an exhibition game a week or 2 later 

51 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Smh 

WHEN'S the last time you recall da BISHOP traveling to the SOUTHEAST? And they have more money than GAWD!