Arizona scores

Wooderson

On 8/29/2023 at 10:43 AM, golfaddict1 said:

Hate those premature coin flips.  
Was it heads or tails?  😂 

@DevilDogthanks for posting because I didn’t realize it was just pee 😂  @Wooderson shovel portion share tweet had me thinking #2.  

Nonetheless, I enhanced my previous comment without #2… I think.  :) 

Hate those premaNure coin flips.  

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

@DevilDogthanks for posting because I didn’t realize it was just pee 😂  @Wooderson shovel portion share tweet had me thinking #2.  

Nonetheless, I enhanced my previous comment without #2… I think.  :) 

Hate those premaNure coin flips.  

I too assumed that we were talking about the deuce with the shovel reference. Having been on shovel duty a bit as a kid I was a bit concerned for the horse if it was a two scoop clean up from the back end.

I can only hope it was a mare as a colt or a gelding would have led to some awkward anatomy conversations with the city folk in attendance (i.e. Saguaro open enrollment families) and their kids.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, On2whls said:

Liberty looking pretty good.  I think Cen10 will have their hands full with that passing game.

I am going to feel very conflicted about Liberty this entire regular season as - even though I can recognize that they are building an impressive resume - I can't entirely trust them after losing two fourth quarter 14-point leads the last two playoff runs. If you were to tell me that they're going to finish the regular season as a national top 20 team but won't win a championship I would totally believe it.

My early prediction is they're losing when they go to Corona as annually there's a pretty distinct gap between SoCal top five and our best. Won't shock me if they put up a good showing though.

• Thanks 1

On 9/2/2023 at 1:45 AM, Wooderson said:

Saguaro takes down Mesa Mountain View but has five players get ejected. These players will miss next week's showdown with Basha.

I trashed my fanwagon card🌵 last season.  

I’ve got a new team now baby!  🤣 

https://x.com/annieagar/status/1698059171285938526?s=46&t=Ub_4ZB--blmAW22AUOdwqQ

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Local media writing checks for Saguaro and Liberty to cash this week. I think we'll be fortunate to get the split.

https://x.com/jacob_seliga/status/1703937378531070032?s=20

I can see a AZ sweep possibly, but don’t see it the other way around.

Never have been sold on SC and honestly thought CC would be better. Maybe they put it together for this game? They wont stop Liberty, their best shot is outscoring them. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Cossacks said:

I can see a AZ sweep possibly, but don’t see it the other way around.

Never have been sold on SC and honestly thought CC would be better. Maybe they put it together for this game? They wont stop Liberty, their best shot is outscoring them. 

I think I'm in the same boat with Liberty and Saguaro. Saguaro's more tested in theory but I'm very confident that this team is not as good as their 2021 team that took down a Sierra Canyon team that 1) appears to be much better than they were that season; and 2) is not making the multi-hour roadtrip they had to make then. Saguaro will score points but even a bad Shadow Ridge team managed to gain over 300 yards on them. I really don't like their chances.

I like Liberty's odds much better but have to admit a lot of that is entirely because I don't love that Centennial didn't blowout Punahou and how easily Gorman tossed them aside. I don't know how much value we can put behind that Hamilton win considering Hamilton's subsequent three games have been bloodbaths against teams that shouldn't be on their schedule (a huge problem across 6A this year), I put very little value in Liberty beating O'Connor and Queen Creek (the latter seems really down this year while I've been puzzled by the confidence O'connor's online fanbase has in this team), and the Sunrise Mountain rivalry has completely outlived its usefulness. Liberty is always a fast-starter so if Corona is able to survive that barrage and not shoot themselves in the foot they'll have at worst a 50-50 chance of sending the Lions home grumpy.

38 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Sierra Canyon team that 1) appears to be much better than they were that season;

I’m not sure this is true.  9-7 over JSerra Catholic is not a definitive statement.  
30-14 over a 2-2 Oaks Christian team that just lost to Serra Gardena meh.

40-6 over OLU looks like a statement but considering OLU was playing a flgreen freshman QB as both the starter and backup are out, is not as impressive as it looks on paper.  

A big win over Green Valley Nevada???

I would say that the game against Saguaro might actually be the best barometer yet for where they truly are as a team when considering higher level competition.  It should be a competitive game and when it’s too close to call, the hone team is usually the safer bet, especially considering Saguaro has to travel. 

57 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

I like Liberty's odds much better but have to admit a lot of that is entirely because I don't love that Centennial didn't blowout Punahou and how easily Gorman tossed them aside. I don't know how much value we can put behind that Hamilton win considering Hamilton's subsequent three games have been bloodbaths against teams that shouldn't be on their schedule (a huge problem across 6A this year), I put very little value in Liberty beating O'Connor and Queen Creek (the latter seems really down this year while I've been puzzled by the confidence O'connor's online fanbase has in this team), and the Sunrise Mountain rivalry has completely outlived its usefulness. Liberty is always a fast-starter so if Corona is able to survive that barrage and not shoot themselves in the foot they'll have at worst a 50-50 chance of sending the Lions home grumpy.

This is by far the toughest team Liberty will have played so far. Cen10 is definitely battle tested having played the toughest schedule in the nation so far. If they takes care of the ball I think they will get the victory 14+

21 minutes ago, SoCalFball said:

This is by far the toughest team Liberty will have played so far. Cen10 is definitely battle tested having played the toughest schedule in the nation so far. If they takes care of the ball I think they will get the victory 14+

How has CC’s QB play been this year? I think Liberty has a huge edge there with Navi.

I actually think this might come down to who has the better line play. I have always liked Logans offense. Liberty’s is very deep at the skill positions. I’m actually curious if either can establish a run game. So far liberty has come out and within the first offensive played or two of every game scored and been up and set the tone. When you were up 21-0 on teams in the first quarter and the running clock is coming, it’s kind of hard to gauge.

2 hours ago, On2whls said:

I’m not sure this is true.  9-7 over JSerra Catholic is not a definitive statement.  
30-14 over a 2-2 Oaks Christian team that just lost to Serra Gardena meh.

40-6 over OLU looks like a statement but considering OLU was playing a flgreen freshman QB as both the starter and backup are out, is not as impressive as it looks on paper.  

A big win over Green Valley Nevada???

I would say that the game against Saguaro might actually be the best barometer yet for where they truly are as a team when considering higher level competition.  It should be a competitive game and when it’s too close to call, the hone team is usually the safer bet, especially considering Saguaro has to travel. 

I think it's the first of a few barometers for Saguaro as their region (Liberty, Peoria Centennial, 6A runner-up Pinnacle) is a gauntlet. The best thing that can be said for Saguaro's results thus far is they hung with Basha, and even that comes with a giant side of "eh" considering the Highland team that upset Basha in week two followed that up by getting defiled by Lone Peak the next week. I don't think it's out of hand to say that aside from Basha Sierra Canyon has had the tougher schedule.

Another big difference between this game and the 2021 edition is that year's game was Saguaro's sixth, meaning they had access to all of their in-state transfers. They'll be 5+ potential difference makers that won't be cleared to play this week due to the transfer rule.

4 hours ago, Cossacks said:

How has CC’s QB play been this year? I think Liberty has a huge edge there with Navi.

Thus far he has a 54.5% completion percentage and a QB rating of 75.3.  Overall they have passed for 753 yards while rushing for 1170 yards.  After a shaky 1st half against RSM the playbook was narrowed and Cen10 became run heavy.  He has had some good runs to extend series but isn’t a scary breakaway threat.  I think the combination of a new system/players and really tough competition has been a challenge for him.  My guess is Logan keeps the playbook limited and goes for a lower scoring clock control type of game.  When they get to league play with a much wider margin for error I think he’ll get to sling it around and develop more confidence.  They’ll have to be more effective through the air to become the high powered offense Cen10 fans are used to.  Right now, Liberty has tha advantage at QB.

• Like 1