Official game day drink thread

Coletrain06

Sunday Funday.... went to Brink Brewing co. Just about 10 minutes away from my house. A whole spread of Polish food and desserts for a benefit. Awesome....and Brink beers were amazing!

20190428_131533.thumb.jpg.4867193dd4aeaafdf2a482c4db27cf82.jpg

All of the medals are all medals from the past couple of years at the Great American Beer Fest. Apparently Brink won best Very small brewery last year. They won the gold medal for cream stout with their Moozie Milk Stout. They won the silver medal for an English style that wasn't on tap.

I started with the Hungry Handup Coffee Kolsch, which was very good. Then tried the Monocles Black Milkshake IPA. Incredible beer, very unique, never tasted anything like it. Next I decided to try the Barrel Aged Kelly's Candy Barleywine, which was aged in 12yr Elijah Craig barrels and was 13.3%. Incredible. Then I had to try the Gold medal winner the Moozie Milk stout which was very good and smooth. 

Brink was amazing. Probably the 2nd best brewery in the Cincinnati area for quality beers.

• Like 5

May The Fourth Be With You

Silent auction to benefit a local PTA in Albany. I have cast my bid for a really nice print and am watching for someone to bid me up. All the while I tried one of the last Dunkelweiss they had and now I'm on the Cascadian Dark Ale. 

Photo with a blurred view of the print I'm bidding in the background...

20190504_151805.thumb.jpg.e1b02a743178d6573d4de5822486eb5f.jpg

Don't you dare bid me up! I'm watching. xD

20190504_152518.thumb.jpg.e825e8aad9acb469e4393e03f4131720.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Great sports day and night. Gotta kick off with a starter to get through the G men and Reds before the Dubs and Sharks get rolling.

Good beer and maybe I’ll get some up-skirt later tonight 😀

FD6AEDAD-3945-49F4-A15B-A764A9E3F909.jpeg

Frosty mug! Hell ya. Good luck on the upskirt. May it actually be a skirt and not a kilt you get a look up under! Hahaha

I had to leave the brewery because I'd get drunk if I stayed til the auction ends at 8. 

Waiting on them to call... or not. Entered a raffle for a couple of Yeti coolers and still had the top bid for that Bruce Nelson print when I left. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Frosty mug! Hell ya. Good luck on the upskirt. May it actually be a skirt and not a kilt you get a look up under! Hahaha

I had to leave the brewery because I'd get drunk if I stayed til the auction ends at 8. 

Waiting on them to call... or not. Entered a raffle for a couple of Yeti coolers and still had the top bid for that Bruce Nelson print when I left. 

Haha, that’s why I’m building a little bar in my backyard, which is what I’m working on now (in the background). Figured I’m a pro at bars why not bring one home 😀

• Like 2

Just now, Cossacks said:

Haha, that’s why I’m building a little bar in my backyard, which is what I’m working on now (in the background). Figured I’m a pro at bars why not bring one home 😀

I've been investigating building my own microbrewery. You can buy starter systems for pretty cheap. 

Little 2 to 4 gallon systems are very reasonable and have starter recipes and ingredients to get you started. 

Very tempted.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I've been investigating building my own microbrewery. You can buy starter systems for pretty cheap. 

Little 2 to 4 gallon systems are very reasonable and have starter recipes and ingredients to get you started. 

Very tempted.

Yeah my brother in law brews (he’s  in Fairfax now) but if he comes back to my area, which he wants to it would be something I’d consider exploring. Right now I’m trying to get a little more serious about the BBQ circuit (I can only fail at one discipline at a time 😀). 

Plus I’m lucky enough to be surrounded by some world class breweries and my shit could never sniff what those guys have mastered and I already love. But don’t kid yourself I’ve mastered the failure attempt, I’d be tempted to try. 😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

CAEDC157-07A5-4D0E-ACDB-3D3E1E683AA8.thumb.jpeg.eff5f45e2c5e1a72b58eed34a2637041.jpeg

Hey @Cossacks... Have you had this one From Lagunitas yet?... A have never seen it before... I had it at The Yardhouse then found it at my local Safeway!...🤣

“Super Clusters” Ale... 8.0 ABV... It is fruity and really smooth!!!.....🍻

No, I haven’t, actually  I’ve never heard of it. Gonna have to try it based on the recommendation. 8.0 ABV is pretty much a perfect range for me where I like a good beer and can have 2 or 3. Not to strong and not underwhelming. Then I’ll wash it down with 6-12 silver bullets to get my water intake back up. 😀

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Cossacks said:

No, I haven’t, actually  I’ve never heard of it. Gonna have to try it based on the recommendation. 8.0 ABV is pretty much a perfect range for me where I like a good beer and can have 2 or 3. Not to strong and not underwhelming. Then I’ll wash it down with 6-12 silver bullets to get my water intake back up. 😀

It Must Be a Brand new Beer for them... You won’t be Disappointed!!!... I am enjoying a 6 Pack of it!!!... Go Sharks!!!...🤣🤣

• Like 1

Went out to the Cincinnati Cyclones hockey 2nd round playoff game yesterday. They got bounced despite being the number 1 overall seed.....tons of traffic tho because the Reds were playing next door at GABP, high school proms were going on at Paul Brown Stadium, and the city was setting up for the Flying Pig Marathon. 

Got home and hit up Marathon...

Obliged to try any new Listermann. This did not disappoint. Very sweet and nutty...reminded me of the Snickers beer they released around Halloween. 

20190503_223958.thumb.jpg.058a959940905c1eacb24e418c48761c.jpg20190503_223949.thumb.jpg.642337e823ae82cb0fc4e2df0879b87d.jpg

Then tried this awesome Platform Peanut Butter Fudge Puff. Awesome tasted just like the name 

611850ecf60d20c8d8d9de7e46b47ccb_640x640.jpg.9c772fbc45e9f7acbf2bf158eab36b52.jpg

• Like 2

One of my local stores has been ramping up on the Revision, one the best IPA’s in the world. Gonna have to make sure in the next few weeks to taste test all of these (had a few already) for quality control. Also have Pizza Port, which is also world class.

00B3DD16-C406-4FB6-AE76-92236DA5AD88.jpeg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cossacks said:

One of my local stores has been ramping up on the Revision, one the best IPA’s in the world. Gonna have to make sure in the next few weeks to taste test all of these (had a few already) for quality control. Also have Pizza Port, which is also world class.

00B3DD16-C406-4FB6-AE76-92236DA5AD88.jpeg

Mine too!!!... The Dude told me they have been upping their distribution in Nor Cal... I have been going to the Origional Pizza Port in Carlsbad since it was open!!.. (My Mom Lives There)... 🙂... One of my all time Favorites....

Another Beer to look for is Bagby Beer from Oceanside... Jeff Bagby is a legend in San Diego Brewing and Put Pizza Port Or “Port Brewing” on the map!!!... He was their Brewer when they started getting all their national recognition... 

He opened his own place in Oceanside about 5 years ago and it is super cool... He started out as like a Truck driver at Stone, Great Story and a Legend in SD Brewing...🙂

• Like 1

9 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

Mine too!!!... The Dude told me they have been upping their distribution in Nor Cal... I have been going to the Origional Pizza Port in Carlsbad since it was open!!.. (My Mom Lives There)... 🙂... One of my all time Favorites....

Another Beer to look for is Bagby Beer from Oceanside... Jeff Bagby is a legend in San Diego Brewing and Put Pizza Port Or “Port Brewing” on the map!!!... He was their Brewer when they started getting all their national recognition... 

He opened his own place in Oceanside about 5 years ago and it is super cool... He started out as like a Truck driver at Stone, Great Story and a Legend in SD Brewing...🙂

Thanks, that’s some good info and a great story. I was just looking at the Giants schedule for my annual San Diego trip. Going to have to try and fit some brewery time in. GOAT city, love that place.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Thanks, that’s some good info and a great story. I was just looking at the Giants schedule for my annual San Diego trip. Going to have to try and fit some brewery time in. GOAT city, love that place.

I luv watching the Giants play down in SD!... It is an awesome ballpark and great scene downtown....  Me and my Buddy’s were lucky enough to be there when Timmy threw his first No Hitter!... There were so many Giants Fans, it was such an Awesome Scene!!!....

That is the only No Hitter I have ever seen in person!...🙂

• Like 1

Today, I was Macon Love with a blonde ale brewed with cherries. Light on the ABV at 5%,  nice red color to the liquid and pink head. Starts a little bitter but finishes with a tart snap. 

20190512_140923.thumb.jpg.da71ef26685c1d012bfb55ea09e05af6.jpg

Macon Brewing Co. probably getting a visit soon. If I'll drive a couple of hours to Omaha Brewing Co. I can drive a couple up to Macon and check out the MBC taproom and Piedmont Beer Co. also. Make a day of it by checking out the Indian mounds too. 

Win win.

• Like 4