Official game day drink thread

Coletrain06

20190322_181319.thumb.jpg.1e3cca848dfa3bfcc43d6c0cda405da2.jpg20190322_181348.thumb.jpg.9cd829d52c580038af5bbf8b056fb4ea.jpg20190322_181234.thumb.jpg.dc234bf5efe39db6d872b9960263d251.jpg

Only the second peanut butter stout I've ever had. It pales in comparison to the Back Forty Brewing Co. version as far as actual peanut butter flavors coming out. 

It has the smell of peanut butter though. Not sure why the flavor isn't coming through. It's definitely toasty and has a crisp finish. Doesn't feel too heavy yet after about a half pint. 

Nice paint job on the can. 

• Like 2

My local beer stop/gas station had a Listermann tap takeover. 19 Listermann beers on tap. 

Beer 1 was amazing. Tasted dead on a cinnamon roll

beer-2417464_cb275_hd.jpeg

Beer 2 was good. Very sweet and thick...almost like syrup....pastry stout brewed with chocolate, cookie dough, and glitter lol.

beer-2906755_5964e_hd.jpeg

Last .....add another Listermann to the list of the very best beers I've ever had. This was an exclusive for this event only......Banana Chocolate Nutcase (Peanut Butter Porter)....it was so good I filled a growler.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Country's Sweet Tea Lager 4.6%  Oh damn! Anyone for unsweet tea or half and half (coach Sutton for the half and half)?

Idk how much an Uber is from Omaha to Moultrie but if I don't leave soon, I'm bound to find out. xD

20190323_161706.thumb.jpg.231dac5fa5f947c7caa06380716e408d.jpg

Looks like you are having a great day Brother!!!....🤣🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coletrain06 said:

My local beer stop/gas station had a Listermann tap takeover. 19 Listermann beers on tap. 

Beer 1 was amazing. Tasted dead on a cinnamon roll

beer-2417464_cb275_hd.jpeg

Beer 2 was good. Very sweet and thick...almost like syrup....pastry stout brewed with chocolate, cookie dough, and glitter lol.

beer-2906755_5964e_hd.jpeg

Last .....add another Listermann to the list of the very best beers I've ever had. This was an exclusive for this event only......Banana Chocolate Nutcase (Peanut Butter Porter)....it was so good I filled a growler.

Is your Local Beer Stop Called the “ Gas Station”?... Or are you actually saying your Local Gas Staion is a Beer Stop with 19 Taps???....

If so, a Gas station selling draft beer is the Awesome!!!....  If we had those in Cali, My wife would never complain that  never put gas in my car!!!🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Looks like you are having a great day Brother!!!....🤣🤣

Had a blast! 

Went hiking at two different state parks, Kolomoki Mounds and Providence Canyon, worked up a thirst and it was only 15 miles further to the Omaha Brewing Company. 

I'm feeling the hiking a little right now. Legs a little rubbery and whatnot, not due to alcohol lol. 

I did try their triple Belgian before I left. 8% but only a half pint. Didn't need an Uber. Made the 2.5 hours back to drop my mom off and finally home now. 

Eyeing the 4 pack of Like No Udder Milk Stout that I brought home. At 8.1% abv, I figured I'd better wait before sampling one of those.  May get into one as soon as I feel like they're at the right temp. 20190323_204013.thumb.jpg.ee1a1b783ea8d14fd6899bb639590cc8.jpg20190323_204036.thumb.jpg.e023a553a77e7c89c39c7a8bbb57dc6f.jpg

This brewery has too many beers to try in one trip, but it's a fairly long drive so, not easy to just skip over and have a couple of pints.

Definitely worth a trip back though. They converted an old school building into the tasting room and offices and the brewery is a large metal building just adjacent. The smell of beer was everywhere around the outside there. 

Everything from the cut down beer keg urinal to the church pews in front of the stage for the band was a trip. 

Unique spot.

20190323_164332.thumb.jpg.01d1486ac35c888b33a38378bd252eed.jpg

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, THEOC89 said:

Is your Local Beer Stop Called the “ Gas Station”?... Or are you actually saying your Local Gas Staion is a Beer Stop with 19 Taps???....

If so, a Gas station selling draft beer is the Awesome!!!....  If we had those in Cali, My wife would never complain that  never put gas in my car!!!🤣🤣🤣

My local gas station is a small Marathon gas station that has one of the best beer selections in the city, and they put in 19 taps lol.......and within the last year they made an addition onto the back side of the building, which is a nice room with tables and Tv's and garage style doors that open when it's warm outside. A lot of people have no idea the back room even exists. They have a Twitter........heres the best tweet with pics I could find...

The first pic is the back room, the 2nd pic is the bar area.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

My local gas station is a small Marathon gas station that has one of the best beer selections in the city, and they put in 19 taps lol.......and within the last year they made an addition onto the back side of the building, which is a nice room with tables and Tv's and garage style doors that open when it's warm outside. A lot of people have no idea the back room even exists. They have a Twitter........heres the best tweet with pics I could find...

That's a bad ass Marathon! 

My Marathon here has barely a beer cave, no craft selection, 3 cherry master gaming machines and a Hunt Bros Pizza. xD

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

That is so Awesome!!!... We have some gas stations out here that have great beer selections but very few.... Nothing with taps though...

My Favorite is a Valero down in Encinitas that has a Car Wash and a Massive walk in cooler with a amazing beer selection...

You can get your car washed and hang out on their patio but you are not supposed to drink the beer there... Everone does anyway though.... 🤣🤣🙂

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

That is so Awesome!!!... We have some gas stations out here that have great beer selections but very few.... Nothing with taps though...

My Favorite is a Valero down in Encinitas that has a Car Wash and a Massive walk in cooler with a amazing beer selection...

You can get your car washed and hang out on their patio but you are not supposed to drink the beer there... Everone does anyway though.... 🤣🤣🙂

Yea Marathon let's you walk around the whole place or the back room with your beer. So you can pull your car up to a gas pump, let it fill, go inside grab a beer on tap, and drink it while you browse the store for the beer you want to take home that night!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Coletrain06 said:

Yea Marathon let's you walk around the whole place or the back room with your beer. So you can pull your car up to a gas pump, let it fill, go inside grab a beer on tap, and drink it while you browse the store for the beer you want to take home that night!

I'd probably end up filling my car with beer and my glass with unleaded.

Today's drink is a pretty ordinary hefeweizen from Hagerstown:

IMG_0061.jpg?w=1020&ssl=1

Paired with proper potato chips from Pennsylvania:

2r7bi8g.jpg

• Haha 4

Had a couple of special releases Friday night. 

A satsouma sosa

20190329_183407.thumb.jpg.6caa5628ba4113cad463a0468e8d1c5a.jpg

and a triple IPA

20190329_184618.thumb.jpg.0f209d68ba5a20e205897aa83afc1232.jpg

The sosa was a bit different. Kinda like mixing orange juice and an IPA. It was ok though. 

The triple was not as good as the double from a couple of weeks back, but, was still very enjoyable. 

They're working on a few bourbon barrel stouts right now. I see them sitting in the barrels soaking up that bourbon every time I go over. Patiently waiting on those.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Had a couple of special releases Friday night. 

A satsouma sosa

20190329_183407.thumb.jpg.6caa5628ba4113cad463a0468e8d1c5a.jpg

and a triple IPA

20190329_184618.thumb.jpg.0f209d68ba5a20e205897aa83afc1232.jpg

The sosa was a bit different. Kinda like mixing orange juice and an IPA. It was ok though. 

The triple was not as good as the double from a couple of weeks back, but, was still very enjoyable. 

They're working on a few bourbon barrel stouts right now. I see them sitting in the barrels soaking up that bourbon every time I go over. Patiently waiting on those.

The Triple IPA looks like a Milkshake!!..🤣

• Haha 1