Some FL scores

golfaddict1

On 9/29/2023 at 11:00 PM, badrouter said:

Coconut Creek has been trending up the last couple of years. Name value is zero, but the team is pretty good.

Coconut Creek staying within 8 of Chaminade was very impressive. Are they a threat in 3M South to STA? Hard to say. But they are certainly a top 25 team in Florida and should remain there until proven otherwise. 

33 minutes ago, 941Indian said:

Coconut Creek staying within 8 of Chaminade was very impressive. Are they a threat in 3M South to STA? Hard to say. But they are certainly a top 25 team in Florida and should remain there until proven otherwise. 

If they do meet, sure.  
Looking at their resume/CV using CalPreps data, it’s impressive for a no name school.  3 games of importance to gauge and they did fine.  

They have 4 gimmes leading to the playoffs, so the HC will need to keep the kids hungry, but I’m sure that won’t be difficult.  They want more people to learn their school name.  

STA was likely expecting Dillard the last 2 playoffs and didn’t materialize.  Would be a nice game to see vs CC. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, golfaddict1 said:

If they do meet, sure.  
Looking at their resume/CV using CalPreps data, it’s impressive for a no name school.  3 games of importance to gauge and they did fine.  

They have 4 gimmes leading to the playoffs, so the HC will need to keep the kids hungry, but I’m sure that won’t be difficult.  They want more people to learn their school name.  

STA was likely expecting Dillard the last 2 playoffs and didn’t materialize.  Would be a nice game to see.  

You know what I find interesting? Miami Edison was the last team to ever beat STA in a home playoff game (2003.) This is STA's weakest team in recent memory, since at least 2013 when they lost to Dwyer (when Dwyer was one of the best teams in Florida and not a laughingstock.) If Coconut Creek beats STA in a playoff game, not only would they be the first team since 2003 Edison to win at Brian Piccolo, but I would think they'd have a very good shot at winning 3M. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, 941Indian said:

You know what I find interesting? Miami Edison was the last team to ever beat STA in a home playoff game (2003.) This is STA's weakest team in recent memory, since at least 2013 when they lost to Dwyer (when Dwyer was one of the best teams in Florida and not a laughingstock.) If Coconut Creek beats STA in a playoff game, not only would they be the first team since 2003 Edison to win at Brian Piccolo, but I would think they'd have a very good shot at winning 3M. 

2003 huh.  

I was just discussing with my son the other day when the Marlins clinched, about their 03 season.  We attended many games and sat in the Dolphins only 5 rows from the top nosebleeds seats for a home WS loss vs Yanks.  

Also, Miggy being on that roster and retiring this year and what a career.  He fielded the final out at 1B yesterday.  Perfect.  👍🏻 

You know SoFL HSFB well.  So you follow STA’s dna of playoff sos in previous years/decades vs  current in that 20 yr span.  
Also STA’s DNA of reg season scheduling for that matter. 

• Like 1

On 9/29/2023 at 10:58 PM, Bamarod said:

Josh Niblet lead team? Wow, making his mark quickly.

My Abby normal 🧠 was a tad slow in seeing/forgetting.  

Good catch there.   I had a tug of war between Hoover and Prattville initially seeing the last name.  Then the noggin kicked in.  

Your screen name had me take a look.  :)  I thought he was a backup QB for Stallings.  Turns out he converted to RB his final season.  

10 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Santaluces still kicking ass and taking names in florida.

5-1 

They are saying locally the only teams in florida that can slow Santaluces down are IMG Academy and Norland....... and of course John Curtis in Louisiana.

Their schedule is so bad that they dropped 24 spots in the state after a win. Lol. 

• Haha 1