ANNOUNCEMENT....ANNOUNCEMENT....ANNOUNCEMENT

Rufus69

8 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Rush has said it.  We might not win a Region game.

Oh Woe Is Us !!!!!

Rufus>>

He ALSO said last night after his landmark 100th W at Caulquitt! That Bishop Sullivan was one a da PURDIEST teams he'd EVER SEEN! DI talent EVERYWHERE! It just don't make no sense that them por, tiny lil hogs could whupped dem like dat! I GUESS it all came back to what our DC told Rush five minutes after the Brookville debacle! "RUSH, I'm EMBARRASSED at how we played on D tonight! It is ALL MY FAULT! And it WON'T happen aGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Then, there is THAT!:)

Yes...Sullivan was indeed loaded with talent.  They were big.  They were fast.  They were athletic.  And they couldn't catch a cold.  Personally, I thought The Blackhats played about as ferociously as I've seen any version play in YEARS.  You could hear the hits up in the stands.  Actually, Both teams were flying to the ball...but Colquitt functioned as a team and not 11 individuals.

I was also pleased to see that the Hawg O-Line refused to give up.  They suffered thru the 1st half with moderate success...but they dominated their bigger opponents in the 2nd half.  Alas,  it's about to get interesting.  We got a week to heal up and then we go to Gilman.  You still banned over there?.....(Smile)

The only thing that will be sad about traveling to Kingsland...will be the absence of "press".  There was a BlueCat we ALL could love.

Rufus>>

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Yes...Sullivan was indeed loaded with talent.  They were big.  They were fast.  They were athletic.  And they couldn't catch a cold.  Personally, I thought The Blackhats played about as ferociously as I've seen any version play in YEARS.  You could hear the hits up in the stands.  Actually, Both teams were flying to the ball...but Colquitt functioned as a team and not 11 individuals.

I was also pleased to see that the Hawg O-Line refused to give up.  They suffered thru the 1st half with moderate success...but they dominated their bigger opponents in the 2nd half.  Alas,  it's about to get interesting.  We got a week to heal up and then we go to Gilman.  You still banned over there?.....(Smile)

The only thing that will be sad about traveling to Kingsland...will be the absence of "press".  There was a BlueCat we ALL could love.

Rufus>>

Randy sure is missed!

1 hour ago, FootballGuy said:

I figured you'd change your mind. 

We'll see how it goes in the coming weeks. It bout to get real in Region 1! 

We have heard the same thing about Tift every year. Until they actually prove it, they will be the #3 seed at best assuming they beat Camden County.

They have a few good skill guys, but are lacking on the line of scrimmage. You aren't going to beat Lowndes or Colquitt without line play.

3rd place it is for Tift, although I'm not certain they will get by Camden.

Region 1 certainly looks very interesting this season. 

Lowndes steamrolling everyone.

Tift lighting up the scoreboard on pretty much everyone.

Camden building up with Bullet Bob.

Colquitt looking inconsistent but when they're on, they're on. 

Stupid long ass drive around that swamp in 2 weeks to see what Bullet Bob's got cookin'.

9 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Stupid long ass drive around that swamp in 2 weeks to see what Bullet Bob's got cookin'.

I still feel colquitt has a win over a better team than anyone lowndes has played unless i missed something 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

All I gotta do is cross the river...(Smile).  Colquitt/Camden will more than likely hold serve like it has just about every year.  After all...it IS the BlueCats and now...you throw Bullet Bob into the mix and ya got yourself a Pier Six with a football game in the middle.  This one will be fun and it will probably be for 5th spot in Region 1.

Oh Woe Is Us !!!!!!

Rufus>>

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

I still feel colquitt has a win over a better team than anyone lowndes has played unless i missed something 

Lowndes has not been tested yet. Ware County exposed the Viking's run defense by gaining 280 on the ground.

Ware gave up 3 TD passes of 40+ yards, also.

I'm sure our game plan will be to run the ball down their throats and be successful enough through the air to keep the defense honest. On defense we will have to limit the big plays, which is easier said than done. If we can contain their rushing attack without stacking the box, then I like our chances.

• Like 1