Lamar Jackson

HSFBfan

33 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

He's never been able to throw the ball. He's a really good athlete that plays QB, and outruns DL and LB's to get his rushing yards. I'd blitz him from the outside every down to make him beat you in the pocket.

Exactly and in the NFL that translates to 2nd and 12, 3rd and 15 etc. not outrunning the defenses and not gonna beat anyone with his arm.

52 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Sounds like Sam Darnold is trash. Josh Rosen is trash. Just checking a lot of garbage throws they made this year. 

Who is a good college QB? Who is elite right now if all the supposed good QBs suck? 

Honestly i think the kid from Memphis has the best arm that ive seen this year. Heck of a deep ball too

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Sounds like Sam Darnold is trash. Josh Rosen is trash. Just checking a lot of garbage throws they made this year. 

Who is a good college QB? Who is elite right now if all the supposed good QBs suck? 

Garbage throws, and not being able to throw the ball at all are two different things. 

I've been saying this about Jackson since last season.

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Yes but now its a trend. He doesnt do his video arcade numbers against defenses that are good

Nolebull is just upset, cause this thread is bashing his Florida hero. No different than Texasgoof when you talk about a Texas player(Anyone recall that thread about how bad Tannehill was last year?)

• Haha 1

Just now, steeler01 said:

Nolebull is just upset, cause this thread is bashing his Florida hero. No different than Texasgoof when you talk about a Texas player(Anyone recall that thread about how bad Tannehill was last year?)

I dont remember the Tannehill thread. I started this thread because if you look at mock drafts they have Jackson going in the upper middle of the 1st round. I just dont see how this kid is a 1st rd QB in the draft. If he switches position to WR with his speed sure depending on how good his hands are. But as a QB hes not a 1st rounder. Unfortunately the difference between CFB and the NFL will keep widening esp at the QB position. There isnt that many teams that run true pro style systems. If you look at Allen from Wyoming when he plays P5 schools his numbers are terrible. I understand he doesnt have the horses that P5 schools have but i think there is too much stock being put into these guys height and such in shorts and not exactly what they are doing on the field. USC and Darnold have struggled all year and it finally bit them in the rear in Pullman. I really think this kid from Memphis could be the real deal. I just looked at Ferguson the Memphis Qb looks like he slowed down alot after the UCLA game. Only had 97 yards passing against ULM. Only has a total of 3 TDs outside of the UCLA game

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

USC and Darnold have struggled all year and it finally bit them in the rear in Pullman. I really think this kid from Memphis could be the real deal. I just looked at Ferguson the Memphis Qb looks like he slowed down alot after the UCLA game. Only had 97 yards passing against ULM. Only has a total of 3 TDs outside of the UCLA game

I don't think Darnold has struggled. Watching SC play, their lines don't give him time(Good QB at extending plays), and his WR's are dropping a ton of balls. Like I said prior to the season, SC isn't where they need to be at along the LOS yet. Takes 4-5 recruiting classes to shore up the problems that those sanctions did to them.

4 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

I don't think Darnold has struggled. Watching SC play, their lines don't give him time(Good QB at extending plays), and his WR's are dropping a ton of balls. Like I said prior to the season, SC isn't where they need to be at along the LOS yet. Takes 4-5 recruiting classes to shore up the problems that those sanctions did to them.

Ok and if you think Darnold is gonna go to an NFL with a solid offensive line in the top 3 you are kidding yourself. Right now hes on pace to go to the Giants or the Chargers or another winless team. All those teams have huge problems up front. Hes gotta learn to escape and put the passes on point. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/10/03/sam-darnold-usc-quarterback-2018-draft-washington-state-loss. Very good article on what the scouts are saying about him and what he needs to work on

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Ok and if you think Darnold is gonna go to an NFL with a solid offensive line in the top 3 you are kidding yourself. Right now hes on pace to go to the Giants or the Chargers or another winless team. All those teams have huge problems up front. Hes gotta learn to escape and put the passes on point. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/10/03/sam-darnold-usc-quarterback-2018-draft-washington-state-loss

Chargers aren't bad upfront, they lack playmakers(Big play guy)

Giants offensive line sucks. 

Rosen looks much better as a pocket passer than Darnold anyways. 

Just now, steeler01 said:

Chargers aren't bad upfront, they lack playmakers(Big play guy)

Giants offensive line sucks. 

Rosen looks much better as a pocket passer than Darnold anyways. 

If Rosen stays out west and goes to the chargers. 

I wouldnt bring any west coast Qbs here to the east coast

Lamar Jackson has 2000 yards passing, 14 touchdowns and 500 yards rushing and 7 touchdowns in 6 games. 

So he is on pace for 5000 all purpose yards and 42 touchdowns. 

On a mediocre team. Every QB throws bad balls every now and then. I can guarantee you can take every bad throw a quarterback has ever made and turn it into a highlight tape to make him look like the most garbage QB ever. 

And just because he's not projected a top QB prospect doesn't mean he sucks. And there are plenty of top QBs in the first round who busted

you guys sound like a bunch of hatin ass haters!!!

1 minute ago, Nolebull813 said:

Lamar Jackson has 2000 yards passing, 14 touchdowns and 500 yards rushing and 7 touchdowns in 6 games. 

On a mediocre team. Every QB throws bad balls every now and then. I can guarantee you can take every bad throw a quarterback has ever made and turn it into a highlight tape to make him look like the most garbage QB ever. 

And just because he's not projected a top QB prospect doesn't mean he sucks. And there are plenty of top QBs in the first round who busted

you guys sound like a bunch of hatin ass haters!!!

top 20 is a medicore team??? Yes there have been a bunch of busts at QB drafted in the first round and in my opinion i think Jackson would be another bust in the 1st round. Maybe 3-4 round you can have him sit and learn. 

2 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Anytime he plays a good defense he hovers at 50 percent completion percentage. Not talking about North Carolina, Murray State, Kent State and the likes.