Arch Manning Makes Texas Debut!

RedZone

2 hours ago, RedZone said:

Every single scenario I've seen played out on this forum has Arch Manning failing badly......

I have them ALL archived. 👍

I don’t think he fails, very tough to live up to the hype monster though. That isn’t his fault. He has all the resources in the world to be successful. Probably more than any other college QB. The jump from small ball in HS to major D1 is big. We saw that in the spring game. He should go the same route Eli did. Develop for a couple years and then take over. Worked out well. I believe he signed with Texas knowing he would have time to become the guy.  I think the “perfect” 100 5* recruit status was given due to his last name. I think thats really all the outrage is about. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

I don’t think he fails, very tough to live up to the hype monster though. That isn’t his fault. He has all the resources in the world to be successful. Probably more than any other college QB. The jump from small ball in HS to major D1 is big. We saw that in the spring game. He should go the same route Eli did. Develop for a couple years and then take over. Worked out well. I believe he signed with Texas knowing he would have time to become the guy.  I think the “perfect” 100 5* recruit status was given due to his last name. I think thats really all the outrage is about. 

I can agree with some of this, but not all of it.

People thought Peyton, Eli and Odell Beckham Jr. ALL were small school ballers in high school too. All 3 prepped at Newman High in NOLA just like Arch.

Arch will do well, how well is TBD. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...