Any foreign language learners here?

ChimpGrip

5 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

What happened to German studying? 

Eh. I have a limited amount of time to study. So a little bit towards languages the rest towards finance and entrepreneurship. I put physics on hold for now, no return on time spent studying that. 

13 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

Eh. I have a limited amount of time to study. So a little bit towards languages the rest towards finance and entrepreneurship. I put physics on hold for now, no return on time spent studying that. 

You have the lifting regimen also.  I hope you’re getting enough rest (sleep).  

Job search yielding any prospects and/or have you opted to start a sole proprietor gig?  If so, GL.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

You have the lifting regimen also.  I hope you’re getting enough rest (sleep).  

Job search yielding any prospects and/or have you opted to start a sole proprietor gig?  If so, GL.  

Currently working at family business. Not enough sleep. In need of more focus, discipline and guidance.

7 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

Never. Have too big of goals for myself in my future 

The list of successful veterans is long and impressive, and it’s a great springboard. Someone like you would have all the time and resources in the world to set themselves up for long-term success. I was just fucking around with the link, though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GoBigBlack said:

The list of successful veterans is long and impressive, and it’s a great springboard. Someone like you would have all the time and resources in the world to set themselves up for long-term success. I was just fucking around with the link, though.

Main goals: build successful companies and make contributions in physics (nuclear or Astro).

1 hour ago, ChimpGrip said:

Main goals: build successful companies and make contributions in physics (nuclear or Astro).

On Pluto TV, they have a science channel, Smithsonian channel and Star talk channel with Neil deGrasse Tyson.   😊

The other night, Neil was discussing tides (here’s the piece).  You need to be well rested to follow this.  😂 

I probably mentioned already, but for military world war fans, they’ve been playing almost non stop a series hosted by Charlton Heston that’s simply fantastic.  From war strategy, to code breaking and spies… plus Heston’s voice.  👍🏻

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

Is anyone here learning one? Hopefully I’m not the only one here who enjoys it. 

My current studies consist of only Russian 🇷🇺 and Mandarin 🇨🇳 with Georgian 🇬🇪 on the back-burner. My goal is to learn 40. 

@SeaShells21

I’m studying English to learn to read it and write it better.

I would like to learn to speak puppy 🐶 and kitten 🐱. Maybe even [carrier pig 🐖 @Gardenstateballer]

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, SeaShells21 said:

I would like to learn to speak puppy 🐶 and kitten 🐱. Maybe even [carrier pig 🐖 @Gardenstateballer]

These two might be helpful.  They’ve got a popular gig going on social media.  😊

1 hour ago, SeaShells21 said:

You may be on to something. 

Maybe I need to learn to speak gorilla or brown bear.

On 2/7/2024 at 8:02 AM, ChimpGrip said:

Is anyone here learning one? Hopefully I’m not the only one here who enjoys it. 

My current studies consist of only Russian 🇷🇺 and Mandarin 🇨🇳 with Georgian 🇬🇪 on the back-burner. My goal is to learn 40. 

@SeaShells21

I'm earnestly brushing up on my Latin. I had four years of it in high school and, I believe, one semester in college.

Most of that relates to the Catholic Mass, in which I now say most responses in Latin. I say the formal part of my evening prayers in Latin also. 

After that I'll go to work on the Commentarii de Bello Gallico, Julius Caesar's first hand account of the Gallic Wars..."Omnia Gallia in tres partes divisa est."

p.s. Don't bother to test me...I'm not ready for that yet, so I'd probably just run it through Google Translate. 😉😄

• Like 1