2 TX vs GA matchups

Timberview was entirely different than the year before where they went 9 - 4. They went 6 - 6.  Stephenville, Everman and Ryan beat them worst than Buford did.   They only had 1 returning starter.

Buford 42. Timberview 21

Stephenville 42 Timberview 21

Everman 54 Timberview 25

Ryan 49 Timberview 14

Timberview, a rising fifth-year school that went 9-4 last year at the 5A level, also got a big game from 6-2, 180-pound senior receiver Sharman Brown, who had four catches for 110 yards, including a tremendous 86-yard touchdown late in the second quarter.

In the end, Buford, which was outgained 317 to 307, just executed best when it needed to most.

Timberview coach Terry Cron thinks his team needs to get physically stronger to compete against a school like Buford, which in the late 90s built a $3 football facility that included an 8,000 square foot weight room.

“I’m proud of our kids and how well they executed at times,” Cron said. “We were going against a very good football team. There were two very good teams out there today. But they did what they needed to do. They are where we want to be – a state champion.”

Timberview, with just one returning starter on offense, sure showed no signs of nerves or inexperience, taking the game’s first possession 80 yards on 14 plays capped by a “fortunate” 3-yard touchdown run by Stephens.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I went to that game in old Texas Stadium and Timberview was also a newer School. That was a good series the Ohio teams got trounced and I think the only time they traveled outside an adjoining State.  Texas went there before in the Herbstreit. It was their 5th year and had dropped from 5A.  That was a good win for Buford who pulled away in the last 9 mins.  They held RB Eric Steven's to 58yds.  That dude had over 1900yds the year before.  It was 28 - 21 Buford with 9mins left.  

Kirk Herbstreit Varsity Football Series at Texas Stadium

Presented by Burger King

Saturday

Buford (Ga.), 42, Mansfield Timberview (Texas) 21

Cedar Hill (Texas) 38, La Salle Catholic (Cincinnati, Ohio) 14

Justin Northwest (Texas) 13, Woodland Hills (Pa.) 12

Arlington Bowie (Texas) 48, Trotwood-Madison (Ohio) 0

Monday

Euless Trinity (Texas) 28, John Curtis (River Ridge, La.) 12

Klein Oak (Texas) vs. Mandeville (La.), cancelled

Colleyville Heritage (Texas) 41, Clovis East (Calif.), 26

Literally from 1950-now half of GA vs TX matchups  are played by Buford

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Literally from 1950-now half of GA vs TX matchups  are played by Buford

i was happy to see BUFORD.  They had a huge Defensive Tackle.   Actually wish that game would have been against Carthage, Kilgore or GIlmer that year.  

18 hours ago, DevilDog said:

i was happy to see BUFORD.  They had a huge Defensive Tackle.   Actually wish that game would have been against Carthage, Kilgore or GIlmer that year.  

Bad punt that was returned for TD turned that game around and was good play by Buford.  It was only like 30 yard return for TD the kid caught it on dead run and everyone went right past the returner.  

Buford was 15-0 and finished number 1 in GA

Timberview went 6-6 and finished 325 in TX. 

And it was a closer game than what Buford saw in the state title game. Actually Timberview played them closer than all 5 playoff opponents and 14 of 15 total opponents. 

As the 325th team in TX!!

Classic Georgia. Punk asses scared of real competition 

To add insult to injury, 12-2 Cedar Hill and 11-2 Bowie TX both played in the same event against crappy Ohio teams and blew them out!  

Buford should have at least played either of those 2. They both finished 25 in the state. But they give them Timberview

SMH. Ruined my Friday night 

1 minute ago, Nolebull813 said:

To add insult to injury, 12-2 Cedar Hill and 11-2 Bowie TX both played in the same event against crappy Ohio teams and blew them out!  

Buford should have at least played either of those 2. They both finished 25 in the state. But they give them Timberview

SMH. Ruined my Friday night 

I was on the sideline for all these games.  CH rushed for over 500 yards.  Ran the same play over and over.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Mr. Football said:

I was on the sideline for all these games.  CH rushed for over 500 yards.  Ran the same play over and over.  

Sad. The Herbstreit had some really good ones in Ohio but these TX ones were horrible. They had STA and Trinity playing same event with 2 inferior teams. Whoever put the games together didn’t know anything about HSFB

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Sad. The Herbstreit had some really good ones in Ohio but these TX ones were horrible. They had STA and Trinity playing same event with 2 inferior teams. Whoever put the games together didn’t know anything about HSFB

Yeah that was 2010: Trinity v Shiloh and STA v skyline. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

Yeah that was 2010: Trinity v Shiloh and STA v skyline. 

i was at both of these as well.  Shiloh was the #1 team in the Nation by the Computers.  Man their Pre-game video was so damn hyped they had an all world QB who I think ended up a CB at Auburn. ET laid the wood to their asses for 4 quarters.  They brought a good crowd with them.  That ass whipping was so bad it became part of a PBS documentary 😁. For sure it should have been STA and ET.  Skyline was overmatched in that one. I remember MIchael Irving being introduced and hanging with the STA Team.  Another Herbstreit atrocity was Desoto vs. a 4A Oklahoma school. (Douglass High School) a historic Black school in 4A.  It was 63 - 0 and those kids were getting lit up.  Other than Shiloh never felt worse for a group of kids playing football. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DevilDog said:

i was at both of these as well.  Shiloh was the #1 team in the Nation by the Computers.  Man their Pre-game video was so damn hyped they had an all world QB who I think ended up a CB at Auburn. ET laid the wood to their asses for 4 quarters.  They brought a good crowd with them.  That ass whipping was so bad it became part of a PBS documentary 😁. For sure it should have been STA and ET.  Skyline was overmatched in that one. I remember MIchael Irving being introduced and hanging with the STA Team.  Another Herbstreit atrocity was Desoto vs. a 4A Oklahoma school. (Douglass High School) a historic Black school in 4A.  It was 63 - 0 and those kids were getting lit up.  Other than Shiloh never felt worse for a group of kids playing football. 

Shiloh hasn’t been the same program ever since. lol 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

And it was a closer game than what Buford saw in the state title game. Actually Timberview played them closer than all 5 playoff opponents and 14 of 15 total opponents. 

Except that was an event that Buford signed off on and had no control over who they where set to play. 

10 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

And to boot Buford finished #3 in GA not #1... 

Behind #1. Camden and #2 Grayson. 

That season Camden had a Star athlete at every position on Defense and Dominated everyone they played and went 15-0... 

They opened their season on the Road @ Norcross winning 21-6 

Then Home against Columbia (FL) and won 31-0. 

Then went on the road against #14 at the time Hoover (AL) and Clobbered them 44-16. 

That season Camden unfortunately was in a Huge 7 team Region/Conference with the Brunswick and Savannah schools where they dominated as well... 

13 hours ago, DevilDog said:

I recall that documentary.  👍🏻 

Indeed, definitely a clusterFk not having the marquee teams playing.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Shiloh hasn’t been the same program ever since. lol 

I remember going to the Arkansas. High school football sites and they were all claiming that Shiloh shouldn't have been representing Arkansas. They were not the best in  Arkansas and that Texas should play the bigger Schools.  So the Lobos beat top Ranked NLR and broke Bryant's long winning streak and ET went on the road and beat Bentonville when they were ruling Arkansas.  Hell T.C Cedar Hill with coach Prime not a top 20 Texas team but top private only lost to Bryant by 3 in a nailbiter in Arkansas.  All that porky noise has been silenced. 

9 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I remember going to the Arkansas. High school football sites and they were all claiming that Shiloh shouldn't have been representing Arkansas. They were not the best in  Arkansas and that Texas should play the bigger Schools.  So the Lobos beat top Ranked NLR and broke Bryant's long winning streak and ET went on the road and beat Bentonville when they were ruling Arkansas.  Hell T.C Cedar Hill with coach Prime not a top 20 Texas team but top private only lost to Bryant by 3 in a nailbiter in Arkansas.  All that porky noise has been silenced. 

Arkansas is Louisiana with more personality 

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Imagine if you had the top teams from all 4 bordering states come and get some against Texas? I would like to see the top 2 teams from NM, OK, AR and LA come play any 8 teams from the TX top 25. 

The brisket will make ass whoopings feel better 😝

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Yep.   ET team that year probably would have beaten any Ark team by 21.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Imagine if you had the top teams from all 4 bordering states come and get some against Texas? I would like to see the top 2 teams from NM, OK, AR and LA come play any 8 teams from the TX top 25. 

The brisket will make ass whoopings feel better 😝

NM can’t beat the better EP and west TX teams, the other states best would be good comp. Id stick with DFW but get Duncanville, Desoto, Southlake, SOC, Aledo, north crowley, Allen and cedar hill. (Allen and cedar hill are coming back around why I would include them)