New Leader of the GHSA

Ga96

3 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

75 member executive board? That’s millions and millions of dollars in salary! That one executive board member for every 6 Georgia high school football teams. Lol. 

Probably of those 75 I would bet 70 are from metro Atlanta. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Horrible news................

I don't believe he ever coached at Colquitt.

Rufus>>

I had big expectations from the last packer and he unfortunately didn't live up to them. You could tell hines had to fall in line with North Ga. By the end he was all North Ga like the rest turning a blind eye to schools taking turns getting 10+ football transfers a year. His last year on duty milton got away with 15 transfers.

Can't forget the year marietta got caught for cheating and turn around and brought in more kids the following season. The multiple grayson teams they've had a kid from Valdosta on their team the last 3 years meanwhile his sister was on the wildcats cheer team. We thank hines and the packass good ole boys for destroying their football teams chances at more championships. You guys would've caught my Vikings.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ga96 said:

I had big expectations from the last packer and he unfortunately didn't live up to them. You could tell hines had to fall in line with North Ga. By the end he was all North Ga like the rest turning a blind eye to schools taking turns getting 10+ football transfers a year. His last year on duty milton got away with 15 transfers.

Can't forget the year marietta got caught for cheating and turn around and brought in more kids the following season. The multiple grayson teams they've had a kid from Valdosta on their team the last 3 years meanwhile his sister was on the wildcats cheer team. We thank hines and the packass good ole boys for destroying their football teams chances at more championships. You guys would've caught my Vikings.

Could be punishment for the sin of lacking a backbone in terms of scheduling. Atlanta teams at least played top competition. South GA played JV teams just for money and the GHSA was tired of being embarrassed nationally. This is just the chickens coming home to roost. 

25 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Could be punishment for the sin of lacking a backbone in terms of scheduling. Atlanta teams at least played top competition. South GA played JV teams just for money and the GHSA was tired of being embarrassed nationally. This is just the chickens coming home to roost. 

The GHSA is the laughing stock of the national but not for scheduling bad FL teams.  When as an organization you can't even put the goals in the right location for the state title games basketball games it is easy to see why they are the laughing stock of the nation. Hines took the easy road and went along with the wild west of Atlanta metro.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ga96 said:

Got one of the biggest cheats in the state and you’re still whining. Difference is the Florida kids don’t wanna a play for him. 

8 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

75 member executive board? That’s millions and millions of dollars in salary! That one executive board member for every 6 Georgia high school football teams. Lol. 

Blah, blah, blah.  Spouting off about things you know nothing about again.  There is one executive board member for each classification/region.  This insures equal representation unlike the crap some post here about it being heavily metro based.  Those are unpaid positions.  Since you went to the trouble to look up and count the executive board members, you could have clicked the link on the same page to the financial reports.  Of course, had you done than, you couldn't post that mess about millions and millions in salary as there is a line item for salaries that is roughly $1M.  That's for 16 staff members with the executive director at $180,000/year.  Not too exorbitant at all.  I take that back.  You could have and would have posted your mess anyway because the truth and your postings often have little in common.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

The GHSA is the laughing stock of the national but not for scheduling bad FL teams.  When as an organization you can't even put the goals in the right location for the state title games basketball games it is easy to see why they are the laughing stock of the nation. Hines took the easy road and went along with the wild west of Atlanta metro.

You incorrectly project your bias onto the nation.  Too bad it isn't true.

7 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Probably of those 75 I would bet 70 are from metro Atlanta. 

I'll take that bet and give you the charity to send the money to.  Why don't you stick to things you know instead of wild-ass speculations and accusations.  One exec for each class/region.  Guess where most of the classes/regions are.  Not in the metro.

6 hours ago, Ga96 said:

You could tell hines had to fall in line with North Ga.

Why is that?  Most of the schools are not in N Ga.  We may have bigger schools and more students but that's not the way it is calculated.  One school, one vote.  If you don't think S GA is treated fairly, why don't you take it up with your reps in the GHSA?  Don't forget, the GHSA *is* the schools, not some outside agency.

5 hours ago, Fred said:

I'll take that bet and give you the charity to send the money to.  Why don't you stick to things you know instead of wild-ass speculations and accusations.  One exec for each class/region.  Guess where most of the classes/regions are.  Not in the metro.

I get hooville. Ain’t shit happening in alabama HS sports, so he talks Georgia sports. A few good teams in each sport every year there. Nothing to talk about, except when a coach gets the hell outta there to come to big boy football where he can test against some of the best. 

But don’t let him fool you. That state is as dirty as everybody else, despite feigning ignorance. They just don’t have enough good teams to raise hell about it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Fred said:

I bet 75% population of Georgia is within 80 miles of the center of ATL. 70 of 75 was just to get a rise out of you. But truthfully it is probably 55-60 out of 75. 

4 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

I bet 75% population of Georgia is within 80 miles of the center of ATL. 70 of 75 was just to get a rise out of you. But truthfully it is probably 55-60 out of 75. 

Metro Atlanta is 6.5 million.  Ga is 11 million.  Metro is about 59% of population but you still lose and won't pay up.  Metro has more students, non-metro has more *schools*.  Each school has 1 vote whether it is 300 students or 5,000 student.  Send your money to the Southeast Gwinnett Co-Op.  They have a PayPal link on their page.  Hey, I'll make it easy for you.  Here is their PayPal link - https://www.paypal.com/donate?token=wbzlabQV5Q5LOY6yYegs15xG_cKGCdKcwYAbpf0YD6J7vlbyD1pBImS4MhHswkM93cZ3fJ6cKr_yZZp7&locale.x=EN_US

4 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

I know for a fact that the deal on the bb goals at the NFHS national meeting that year the GHSA was the but of many jokes.

I'm sure they were and rightfully so.  Unlike you however, most people most on and recognize a one time mistake was made.  That doesn't mean they are the subject of universal scorn.

30 minutes ago, Fred said:

I'm sure they were and rightfully so.  Unlike you however, most people most on and recognize a one time mistake was made.  That doesn't mean they are the subject of universal scorn.

Plus the state of Georgia has come with in a hair of taking over the GHSA twice is another reason they are viewed as such a terrible organization. 

• Like 1

It’s the Gwinnett High School Association. Everything is in the interest to protect metro schools. 15 transfers to one team? All good. 

South Georgia player drives past a rival school in his car and the team is banned for 2 years from the postseason. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

It’s the Gwinnett High School Association. Everything is in the interest to protect metro schools. 15 transfers to one team? All good. 

South Georgia player drives past a rival school in his car and the team is banned for 2 years from the postseason. 

Fred claims they are pure as the driven snow.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

Out of the 15, how many have three or more stars and multiple offers from D1 programs?

• Like 1